Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Next time try to remember to turn off the pre/pro when you're done. :mad:
Can do. :)

And take the beer bottles out to the recycle :)
Get a maid. :p

To contribute to the thread I'll say that I don't know that I've really heard a difference in the bass response due to the Gramma because of a lack of paying attention to the before and after thing but I simply take it on faith that my response has improved.

Aside from the fine folks who have already posted in this thread there is another note worthy poster by the user name, First Reflection, who says to just automatically order a Subdude/Gramma when you order a sub. ;)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
To contribute to the thread I'll say that I don't know that I've really heard a difference in the bass response due to the Gramma because of a lack of paying attention to the before and after thing but I simply take it on faith that my response has improved.
What I notice the most is that the sub calls less attention to itself. All of that deep luscious bass is there in spades but the sub isn't drawing attention to itself. Is there such a thing as disembodied audio? :D

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
MikeC. my great room is a concrete slab with tile, so the gramma made a world of difference.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Will the great gramma fit my PB-13 Ultra? Also, anyone here recommend any sites to purchase the great gramma? best price I found so far is $79 free shipping.

Last edited:
sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Will the great gramma fit my PB-13 Ultra? Also, anyone here recommend and sites to purchase the great gramma? best price I found so far is $79 free shipping.
The best price that I found was $79 shipped.

SubDude/SubDude HD
Dimensions:
15" x 15" x 2.5"

GRAMMA
Dimensions:
23" long x 15" wide x 2.75" high
Weight Limit: 300lbs.

Great GRAMMA
Dimensions:
30" long x 19" wide x 2.75" high
Weight Limit: 300lbs.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Just ordered mine today. Looking forward to hearing some improvement, even if its just a little.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
IMO if you live in an apartment like I do you definitley need one. I took Alex's advice and decoupled mine with a piece of marble tile and 4 sanding pads and it worked wonders. The building does'nt bend anymore and the bass seems to be thighter. I would say it's a must have.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Just got mine today. It really cleaned up the bass. Pretty cheap investment with good results.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I can appreciate the advantage that Gramma-type isolators present for music. But I have not acquired any of these isolators for one reason. I like to feel the floor vibrate/move during movies that have explosions. It gives HT the impression of more realistic ambiance. If a bomb goes off or a car crashes...the ground moves. I want that sensation. Or take the remake of War of the Worlds. When the pod emerges from the street, do you want good, clean bass...or the whole house rumbling in near ruin?! ;)

Or maybe I just misunderstand what these isolators do.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
I can appreciate the advantage that Gramma-type isolators present for music. But I have not acquired any of these isolators for one reason. I like to feel the floor vibrate/move during movies that have explosions. It gives HT the impression of more realistic ambiance. If a bomb goes off or a car crashes...the ground moves. I want that sensation. Or take the remake of War of the Worlds. When the pod emerges from the street, do you want good, clean bass...or the whole house rumbling in near ruin?! ;)

The house and walls rumble more with a gramma installed. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I know what you are talking about, but that rumbling in the floor isn't beneficial.

The house and walls rumble more with a gramma installed. ;)
Yep. None of the rumble is gone, it just sounds a lot cleaner because you aren't adding anything that isn't in the soundtrack.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I know what you are talking about, but that rumbling in the floor isn't beneficial.

Yep. None of the rumble is gone, it just sounds a lot cleaner because you aren't adding anything that isn't in the soundtrack.
Agreed. It feels more in proportion with the other stuff that's going on. I feel the impact from large explosions more in my chest than in my butt now too.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hmmm. It seems that if the floor still rumbles and vibrates with Grammas installed, then they are not doing a very good job of isolating the subs. The sound waves alone generated by the subs' drivers should not produce sympathetic vibrations from any kind of flooring if the subs are suspended/isolated. As to feeling the thumping in your chest...yes, that is how I like to experience music. (BTW, I believe that thumping likely is brought to you by frequencies in the 60 Hz range.) And as I said, these things would be great for music. And I fully agree that if they do what is claimed, your bass should have a substantially cleaner auditory presentation.

But if you had a bomb blow up outside your house...or a car crash through your house (imagine a movie scene), your floor would most certainly move and your butt along with it. So there is a reality mode to ground and floor movement that I want to feel in my HT.

I must get my audio buddy here to get a couple of these Grammas to test out! :D

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
Agreed. It feels more in proportion with the other stuff that's going on. I feel the impact from large explosions more in my chest than in my butt now too.
I wouldn't be telling very many people on here about feeling large explosions in your butt!:eek::rolleyes:

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
Hmmm. It seems that if the floor still rumbles and vibrates with Grammas installed, then they are not doing a very good job of isolating the subs. The sound waves alone generated by the subs' drivers should not produce sympathetic vibrations from any kind of flooring if the subs are suspended/isolated. As to feeling the thumping in your chest...yes, that is how I like to experience music. (BTW, I believe that thumping likely is brought to you by frequencies in the 60 Hz range.) And as I said, these things would be great for music. And I fully agree that if they do what is claimed, your bass should have a substantially cleaner auditory presentation.

But if you had a bomb blow up outside your house...or a car crash through your house (imagine a movie scene), your floor would most certainly move and your butt along with it. So there is a reality mode to ground and floor movement that I want to feel in my HT.

I must get my audio buddy here to get a couple of these Grammas to test out! :D
There's still tactile feel but it's much more controlled. From reading on here, a lot of people held similar positions as you until they took the plunge. Still, some really like the floor vibrations so this product wouldn't be ideal for them. Do give it a try though.

I wouldn't be telling very many people on here about feeling large explosions in your butt!:eek::rolleyes:
Don't judge me! ;):eek::eek:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I just bought and installed the third SubDude/Gramma in my home. It made for a nice improvement in my home-office.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis