U

ufokillerz

Audioholic Intern
i currently have 7 auralex gramma's at home and 1 subdude, will probably be buying another subdude soon. great products!

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Agreed. It feels more in proportion with the other stuff that's going on. I feel the impact from large explosions more in my chest than in my butt now too.
WOW! What kind of movies are you into?

DJ

W

WallisH

Enthusiast
Due to WAF issues, I am about to put two Rythmik F12s inside some built-in cabinets. Will the Grammas (or eD's version) help reduce cabinet vibration?

T

timmay8612

Audioholic
Anybody know if using a gramma/sub dude in my townhouse will help keep the neighbor from hearing my sub so much? My living room and her bedroom are separated by my garage, but apparently she heard the bass when I was watching Avatar the other night...

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Anybody know if using a gramma/sub dude in my townhouse will help keep the neighbor from hearing my sub so much? My living room and her bedroom are separated by my garage, but apparently she heard the bass when I was watching Avatar the other night...
It might help some but placement and volume control may help more. Where I live townhome means a 2-3 story with nobody under you. The subdude will help limit the base rattling the floors. Getting the sub away from the neighbor's shared wall will also help. So will keeping the port from hammering a wall.

T

timmay8612

Audioholic
It might help some but placement and volume control may help more. Where I live townhome means a 2-3 story with nobody under you. The subdude will help limit the base rattling the floors. Getting the sub away from the neighbor's shared wall will also help. So will keeping the port from hammering a wall.
Well my scenario is Sub:Wall:My 2 car Garage:Wall: Neighbor and apparently she still heard it. Its called a quad unit, meaning 4 two story units that share 2 interior walls each. Would moving the sub to a wall that doesn't border the garage help? Or at this point am I faced with no choice but turning it down :( ?

S

smihalik

Audioholic
Well my scenario is Sub:Wall:My 2 car Garage:Wall: Neighbor and apparently she still heard it. Its called a quad unit, meaning 4 two story units that share 2 interior walls each. Would moving the sub to a wall that doesn't border the garage help? Or at this point am I faced with no choice but turning it down :( ?
Bass traaaaaavls. I think she will still hear/feel it. Moving it might help. Give it a shot. In combination with the great gamma maybe it will be enough.

As long as your not cranking it at 1am, she will have to live with hearing a bit of bass through the walls though. Just part of living in a townhouse.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The Gramma is primarily for you. It might reduce the amount of sound energy that reaches the structure which in turn rings your neighbors bell. It might not. Avatar is a really loud movie. I made a point of watching that during the daytime when the sound can be masked by outside traffic, buses and trucks. In the evenings I try to start movies around 6:00 to 8:00 o'clock so it doesn't run too late and if it does I turn the gains on my subs way down. I live in a condo and so far so good.

Some people say that subs have no place in multi resident structures and some people say that you can crank your system within the limits of the law and your neighbors can go to hell but I say that if you pick your times of play wisely you can have your cake and eat it too.

T

timmay8612

Audioholic
Thanks for the helpful info. I'll try moving the sub to the other wall and see if I hear less bass in the garage. As for the Auralex gramma or subdude, when I upgrade my sub I may just figure that in to the price tag.

Is there such a thing as experiencing more tactile bass at lower perceived volumes with a quality sub versus a junky sub? Sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Is there such a thing as experiencing more tactile bass at lower perceived volumes with a quality sub versus a junky sub? Sorry if I'm derailing the thread.
The bass from a good sub, assuming it's setup really well, can be different from a cheaper sub. It might even be disappointing at first when the buyer is used to a teenager's aftermarket car audio. None of the boominess that they expect is there. Just good clean deep bass and feel.

This isn't a popular suggestion but if worse comes to worse you can always add a transducer under the couch or chair.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Gramma is primarily for you. It might reduce the amount of sound energy that reaches the structure which in turn rings your neighbors bell. It might not. Avatar is a really loud movie. I made a point of watching that during the daytime when the sound can be masked by outside traffic, buses and trucks. In the evenings I try to start movies around 6:00 to 8:00 o'clock so it doesn't run too late and if it does I turn the gains on my subs way down. I live in a condo and so far so good.

Some people say that subs have no place in multi resident structures and some people say that you can crank your system within the limits of the law and your neighbors can go to hell but I say that if you pick your times of play wisely you can have your cake and eat it too.
that about sums it up. i push the limit. but to the point i wear them out, and they give up. yeah ..... but really, most movies don't kick a ton. and those that do ... well......

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I got my SubDude yesterday and I am very pleased with it. Looks great too. Very high quality product.

Before with home made decoupler, also worked good.

After with SubDude

I like it....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis