M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I was thinking about picking up an Auralex for my SVS. Are these worth it and do they make a differ?
It would go in my living room so not sure how it would look as well.

majorloser

majorloser

Yes, they are worth the money. I'm using the SubDudes under my subs with great results. Definitely help to remove excess vibrations from my theater.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Majorloser is very correct and I waited years to buy mine and that was stupid, because once I added the gramma pads, I know realized what tight bass my SVS was giving me. Yu see my SVS is in my great room, with many pictures and a huge bay window and they would always vibrate when watching a bass heavy movie, after adding the gramma pads, nothing vibrates at all and all you hear is the tight controlled bass.

Buy the Gramma, you won't regret it.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
+1
I ordered a great gramma for my Rythmik D15SE(down firing sub on wood floor). Funny thing was, it came in before the D15SE. So I set my lil ol KLH 10" sub on it. What a difference. I almost thought about canceling my D15SE order and keeping the KLH.

ALMOST:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Do a search. There are two very long threads about using these. The short answer is YES.

U

ufokillerz

Audioholic Intern
These things work great, my 2 subs on 4 auralex gramma's

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'm using a Great Gramma under my PB12 Plus/2 and wow what a difference.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
to all those who posted that it made a difference, which of you have a concrete based floor?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
to all those who posted that it made a difference, which of you have a concrete based floor?
Major Loser and John Garcia IIRC. I've been checking out their gear while they're at work. :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I use them with my SVS subs, the Ultra is sitting on a great gramma on a concrete slab and a carpeted floor. It does help somewhat, but I couldn't tell a huge difference. The 20-39PC+ is sitting on a subdude hd in the upstairs which is just a carpeted floor. I never really had any problems before adding it, and didn't notice a huge difference after adding it, but it definitely didn't hurt to add it, and I'll have it for any future rooms it may end up in. If you are thinking about getting one by all means go for it, if you don't like it someone else will be happy to take it off your hands, it's not like it's going to wear out or break.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am testing this right now. I have always used one but I don't have it in use now that I just changed subs. I am going to test (simple listening test) for a couple of more days without it and then add it back in.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Thick carpet and pad over concrete. Frankly I didn't expect any change and was frankly shocked to hear one - however I am using a down firing sub so maybe that makes a difference.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Next time try to remember to turn off the pre/pro when you're done. :mad:
And take the beer bottles out to the recycle :)

Yes, my main setup is on a concrete slab. My sub is down firing, but the port fires upward. It was no small difference.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
do i need great gramma or gramma? I have the svs pb 12 plus 2.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
I have a slab with wood flooring and down firing sub. The wood flooring vibrated like crazy until i got the great gramma. What a difference it made. Probably loosened up the flooring a bit before hand.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis