Audyssey in x4500h not working

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’m hoping someone has run into what I’m dealing with at the moment with audyssey. Yesterday I ran audyssey just in three positions after adjusting my subs gain knobs to see where it set volume, that turned out fine. I then try to use the app running audyssey to run a full calibration and my sub leveling screen isn’t working. I skip that screen and go to test tones and it played through my left front speaker but then it says it can’t detect the speaker and I couldn’t go any further.
I get out of the app and try to run audyssey again and now the sub leveling screen doesn’t work without app either, kept saying my subs are to low and reading my subs at 34db, my subs are set no where near that and I was turning the gain knobs up n down and it still stayed at 34db. I skip that part and try the test tones to continue and it did my front left speaker but when it switched to the center it immediately said no speaker found and I could not go any farther with the calibration.
I unplugged the x4500 twice, restarted it twice and reset it twice and I’m still getting the same issues. Crappy part is everything else still works like normal. I can see denon customer service is terrible since I was on hold for 40min waiting to talk to someone and ended up hanging up, I’ll try again in the morning. Any help is appreciated

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Does anyone have any suggestions on what’s going on?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not an app user but have you tried deleting the app and its memories and reinstalling? Covid age customer service is different....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Not an app user but have you tried deleting the app and its memories and reinstalling? Covid age customer service is different....
Man I was actually getting ready to send you a message to see if you had an opinion, I’m at work. No I haven’t tried that yet but it’s happening when I’m not using the app also, just running audyssey through avr with no app. I’m frustrated with this because it’s been fine until the other day

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’ve been waiting for some other people to lend some advice or if they’ve ever had any issue with audyssey like I’m having but you’re the first, maybe I should of just posted in the avr thread

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I've seen some issues running the app in some cases, generally can't say have seen your issue particuarly tho....or that being an experience with Audyssey in the avr alone. Your having reset the avr itself and it not clearing up isn't a great sign.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Did you press Enter when it gave the option to calculate the tests?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
While I've seen some issues running the app in some cases, generally can't say have seen your issue particuarly tho....or that being an experience with Audyssey in the avr alone. Your having reset the avr itself and it not clearing up isn't a great sign.
Yea I agree. I’m guessing it’s some kind of software issue with audyssey. Really stinks since I just bought it in August. We’ll see what denon has to say if I can actually talk with someone this morning.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Did you press Enter when it gave the option to calculate the tests?
When I try to run audyssey not using the app it plays the test tone in my left front speaker, when it finishes it tries to switch to the center but it says no speakers connected and can’t go any further. When I try to use the app and run audyssey it’ll play the tone in left front speaker and when it’s done with that speaker it says speaker not detected and I can’t go any further. And trying to run audyssey both ways the sub level matching screen doesn’t work at all, says my subs are to low which they aren’t. I turned the gain knob up and down on my rear sub when that screen was on and the volume never changed on the screen, it stayed at 33-34db

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
When I try to run audyssey not using the app it plays the test tone in my left front speaker, when it finishes it tries to switch to the center but it says no speakers connected and can’t go any further. When I try to use the app and run audyssey it’ll play the tone in left front speaker and when it’s done with that speaker it says speaker not detected and I can’t go any further. And trying to run audyssey both ways the sub level matching screen doesn’t work at all, says my subs are to low which they aren’t. I turned the gain knob up and down on my rear sub when that screen was on and the volume never changed on the screen, it stayed at 33-34db
Are you sure the mic is working? May be the cable is pinched somewhere causing intermittent signal loss? Do you have another mic, even one from a different model, borrow from you local Bestbuy etc., that you can try?

highfigh

highfigh

If it shows that there's no speaker connected to the center channel, check the connections and make sure all of the speakers you're using are enabled in the setup menu.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Are you sure the mic is working? May be the cable is pinched somewhere causing intermittent signal loss? Do you have another mic, even one from a different model, borrow from you local Bestbuy etc., that you can try?
Well initially I was thinking the mic went bad. I actually did use my Yamaha one and it went through the process with the sub leveling screen working but the levels were way off from audyssey mic although it did get my distances right. Then I tried the Yamaha one a second time and totally skipped the sub leveling screen and went straight to the test tones

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
If it shows that there's no speaker connected to the center channel, check the connections and make sure all of the speakers you're using are enabled in the setup menu.
It said no speakers found period which I didn’t understand

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well initially I was thinking the mic went bad. I actually did use my Yamaha one and it went through the process with the sub leveling screen working but the levels were way off from audyssey mic although it did get my distances right. Then I tried the Yamaha one a second time and totally skipped the sub leveling screen and went straight to the test tones
In that case it is very likely that the mic/or that very long wire is the problem. Using a Yamaha mic of course would not get you very far because of the potentially very different calibration and/or even the level output. Can you ask your local dealer nicely to convince them to lend you an Audyssey mic? Any recent Denon or Marantz's for the 4000, 6000, 7000 models should work. If it works then you know for sure it is the mic and then you can order a replacement, it should be free if your unit was purchased from an authorized dealer.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
In that case it is very likely that the mic/or that very long wire is the problem. Using a Yamaha mic of course would not get you very far because of the potentially very different calibration and/or even the level output. Can you ask your local dealer nicely to convince them to lend you an Audyssey mic? Any recent Denon or Marantz's for the 4000, 6000, 7000 models should work. If it works then you know for sure it is the mic and then you can order a replacement, it should be free if your unit was purchased from an authorized dealer.
[/QUOTE
Ok so when you messaged me I was trying the audyssey mic again and no dice on that. I then tried the Yamaha one again and I measured 3 positions with it and sub level matching screen worked. After that I did Yamaha one again and measured 6 positions, except initially it skipped the sub level matching screen so I went back and it worked. My distances were correct, sub levels were good but speaker levels were in the positives which is not right. Also it wouldn’t let me change my fl/fr crossover to 80, it was grayed out as full band, I could change the rest. I switched speaker selection to all for 80hz. I realize the Yamaha mic is going to be different. It definitely seems like the mic. Should I even be listening to anything on here since I used Yamaha mic

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
No, for better results you should just load your favorite curve back to the AVR. After that you should be able to change your front left/right crossover. Again, that's the beauty of using the App. Until you have a replacement mic you just can't run Audyssey again, no big deal right.. Surely you can stop fooling around with Audyssey at least for a few weeks can't you?:D

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I replied to you and some how it’s blank. When you messaged I was trying the audyssey mic and no dice. Then I tried the Yamaha and everything was working. It set distances correct, sub levels were good but speaker levels were in the positives which is not right. It also wouldn’t let me change my fl/fr crossovers to 80, it was grayed out but could change the rest. I switched speaker selection to all for 80hz. Should I just knock all my speakers down to where they need to be or should I not be listening to anything? Obviously seems like the mic is bad

highfigh

highfigh

It said no speakers found period which I didn’t understand
When you have a program playing, do you hear anything from the center channel speaker? If not, found out why.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
No, for better results you should just load your favorite curve back to the AVR. After that you should be able to change your front left/right crossover. Again, that's the beauty of using the App. Until you have a replacement mic you just can't run Audyssey again, no big deal right.. Surely you can stop fooling around with Audyssey at least for a few weeks can't you?:D
Apparently my first one went through but it was blank on my end. Sorry for the second one

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hey I lasted a couple months lol. I was trying to gain match my subs to see if there would be a difference from level matching. And since I played with the gain knobs wouldn’t the curve not be right if I load it back in?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis