Audyssey Editor App- With Screenshots!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
My point is more about consistency, Audyssey/Denon/Marantz design the system as a whole, and Audyssey would configure the filter set based on measurements it collected from the Mic/room/speakers/placements. So if you change one variable, the results will no longer be optimum, though I would say any such difference would not be audible. So why waste the time, that's about it.. I respect Gene and Theo, but I highly doubt they have spent as much time on playing around with Audyssey and REW like some of us users so they may not have the practical experience that we have.:)

Also, it is the end results that count, people like me, and @Pogre managed to get our in-room response to within +/- a couple dB from 20-120 Hz without smoothing without using anything other than the stock mic and run Audyssey following instructions, though we did use the App to do some fine tuning after. Check out more curves we, and others have posted in the Audyssey editor app user thread if you are interested and you are welcome to post your results for comparison and exchange ideas for improvements.
Oh I get exactly what your saying I don’t have REW to set my rig up or check it Iam not knocking how you fellas set up your systems at all Iam sure I’d be blown away hearing you guys setups . And you might be surprised at mine . I don’t have Audyssey I’ve got the Yamaha Yapo which is questionable on any given day . Iam not saying throw out his results on any program setting but there are better ways to set individual levels. I never said to not trust his units results. I took that as a question from that fella is there a way to calibrate levels no where did I state it was better or worse . I myself like to try different ways it’s what the hobby is about .

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh I get exactly what your saying I don’t have REW to set my rig up or check it Iam not knocking how you fellas set up your systems at all Iam sure I’d be blown away hearing you guys setups . And you might be surprised at mine . I don’t have Audyssey I’ve got the Yamaha Yapo which is questionable on any given day . Iam not saying throw out his results on any program setting but there are better ways to set individual levels. I never said to not trust his units results. I took that as a question from that fella is there a way to calibrate levels no where did I state it was better or worse . I myself like to try different ways it’s what the hobby is about .
Understood, thank you very much.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Understood, thank you very much.
Your very welcome might I say there’s a very large knowledge base here your input especially is always welcome. Someday I’d like to get rew and see what my rig is doing and when I do y’all will be my library for probably some really dumb questions .

Have a great day Sir !!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis