ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Exactly! Hahaha. My only other thought was purchasing a wireless kit from SVS and moving one behind the couch but during my crawl it was just a lot of vibration noise in any of the three corners. I could still try it and then take any issues with the SVS app but it seems more of a hassle than anything. I did purchase a dsp mic yesterday and I Do have a cable long enough to try it back there (I think) to see how it measures. We will see.
If you could keep it outa the corner... but still behind the couch... ;)

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
If you could keep it outa the corner... but still behind the couch... ;)
That might work, too, if I had the woofer firing parallel which would mean it’d be firing either at the corner or out towards the hallway. I know bass is omnidirectional but unsure if firing it towards the front hall would create (or solve) issues.
My wife is in the last days of first pregnancy (due next Wednesday) and not feeling well (read: very crabby) so no putzing around tonight. Hopefully before baby comes! Of course I’ve got 12 weeks paid leave when he does get here so will make it happen sooner than later either way.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Its a lot of futzing to be certain, but worth experimenting if aiming it into the corner or towards the hall makes much difference. I'm sure it will make a little, though it might not end up being audible.
I always find that avoiding the worst effect of corner loading requires about 2' minimum. But if it works well in your home, no reason not too. just listen carefully and watch out for muddiness. Check your audyssey graphs, of course, and see if you can't smooth it out a bit the manual way. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis