AudioQuest Wind RCA Review - ASR

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Why? Does he make some amusing remarks about FraudioQuest?
Haha oh yes. Entire system is AQ. And not the “cheap” ones. Also has the AQ power conditioner. He totally believes the AQ snake oil. He’s had AQ on his channel. He will fight tooth and nail to justify having all of them. He’s a status symbol kinda guy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Haha oh yes. Entire system is AQ. And not the “cheap” ones. Also has the AQ power conditioner. He totally believes the AQ snake oil. He’s had AQ on his channel. He will fight tooth and nail to justify having all of them. He’s a status symbol kinda guy.
LOL but thanks I think you saved me from wasting time away from the nice music I'm listening to :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Part of the AH drinking game!
Drink every time somebody asks about cables.
Drink every time somebody replies with the roger russel link.
Drink twice every time somebody asks if audioquest is what the should buy.
Drink thrice every time somebody says they own audioquest.

:cool:
Who monitors the drinkers for alcohol poisoning?

highfigh

highfigh

Because I'm not going to waste the time to test it, I would like anyone who has AQ cables with the DBS (Double Bull Shyte?) system to measure for conductance between the DBS connections and the cable shielding. As I understand it from their diagrams, there's no connection and therefore, it can't bias the dielectric via any voltage. Since the DBS isn't actually a circuit, no magnetic field can be created that might influence the signal on/in the cable.

Let's badger AQ for a real explanation of how this works. It's time.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Who monitors the drinkers for alcohol poisoning?
The same who monitor us when we aren't playing the AH Drinking Game! :D

"What's that, John, your eyes are Yellow and your Liver hurts?..." :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The same who monitor us when we aren't playing the AH Drinking Game! :D

"What's that, John, your eyes are Yellow and your Liver hurts?..." :p
When they hit the floor, then you know for sure!!!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Here's another one. Who pays $150 to $450 for a power cord?

222.png

highfigh

highfigh

Here's another one. Who pays $150 to $450 for a power cord?

View attachment 41067
But, but, Cardas Copper!

WTF is that?

Who buys that for $150? Suckers, that's who. Here's the same thing for $65-

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pangea and Cardas have aligned? Like BS Audio and FraudioQuest? Are we about to see some more alliances....the possibilities....

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
People with more money than sense.

Back when HDMI was new AudioQuest would provide marketing to the sales folks that stated that if you plugged the cable into an analyzer of some sort it would show fewer errors than a cheap cable. They must have forgotten to do that with this RCA cable.

I did ask the sales guy if there was a visual difference and he "couldn't tell me". Some people believe this cable nonsense.
Yeah, It would be nice to get all those folks together who believe in that nonsense and do some double blind testing. Would love to see the look on their faces when they can't pick out a $2500 cable as much much better.

Buy the best gear you can afford. Good clean amplification. The best speakers you can afford, do your research, experiment with set up, and go from there. That was the road I took to get good sound. But definitely don't spend a fortune on cables..

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, It would be nice to get all those folks together who believe in that nonsense and do some double blind testing. Would love to see the look on their faces when they can't pick out a $2500 cable as much much better.

Buy the best gear you can afford. Good clean amplification. The best speakers you can afford, do your research, experiment with set up, and go from there. That was the road I took to get good sound. But definitely don't spend a fortune on cables..
What would be even more entertaining would be to apply the same tricks that they use to dupe people, but use those tricks to "prove" that the cheap cables "actually sound better"!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Because I'm not going to waste the time to test it, I would like anyone who has AQ cables with the DBS (Double Bull Shyte?) system to measure for conductance between the DBS connections and the cable shielding. As I understand it from their diagrams, there's no connection and therefore, it can't bias the dielectric via any voltage. Since the DBS isn't actually a circuit, no magnetic field can be created that might influence the signal on/in the cable.

Let's badger AQ for a real explanation of how this works. It's time.
They don't even know how it works. AQ is a marketing company. I can't find a single competent degreed engineer that works there.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
That guy in the video sure sounds familiar. If it's who I am thinking of, he's lying to you. He loves danglers!:p I can hear his wife now, "All that f#%kin' fuss over cable management and your sock drawer is still a f#%kin' mess!

highfigh

highfigh

They don't even know how it works. AQ is a marketing company. I can't find a single competent degreed engineer that works there.
Garth Powell, who works for AQ now, did a presentation for Furman when I went to an open house for a distributor and according to the info I found when I googled his name, he was an EE and percussionist/drummer but who knows? Every time I have asked an EE or anyone with an engineering background related to electronics, they looked at me like they were a dog and I was on TV- They saw and heard something, but weren't sure what. I asked one friend from school who was studying communications electronics how this could work and he asked if it was supposed to be active shielding. When I gave him their description, he made a kind of confused Scooby Do sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis