AudioQuest Wind RCA Review - ASR

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I saw that.... couldn't stop laughing. $2500 worth of junk.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I saw that.... couldn't stop laughing. $2500 worth of junk.
To be an expensive cable that doesn't do anything is one thing. To be an expensive cable that is somehow WORSE, is another thing all together.

Best line from the review

Mind you, there was more air when listening to the Wind. But then my wife who was in the kitchen informed me that the dogs had left the patio door open and whether I was OK if she closed it. Once she did, the air factor disappeared.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Unbelievable.....I wonder if the folks at AQ have caught wind of this review yet. If I worked for them I would be embarrassed. Who in the world would buy these??

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Unbelievable.....I wonder if the folks at AQ have caught wind of this review yet. If I worked for them I would be embarrassed. Who in the world would buy these??
People with more money than sense.

Back when HDMI was new AudioQuest would provide marketing to the sales folks that stated that if you plugged the cable into an analyzer of some sort it would show fewer errors than a cheap cable. They must have forgotten to do that with this RCA cable.

I did ask the sales guy if there was a visual difference and he "couldn't tell me". Some people believe this cable nonsense.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Who in the world would buy these??
Part of the AH drinking game!
Drink every time somebody asks about cables.
Drink every time somebody replies with the roger russel link.
Drink twice every time somebody asks if audioquest is what the should buy.
Drink thrice every time somebody says they own audioquest.

:cool:

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

I do not believe I have seen the combination of "drinking game" and "thrice" before... After the first few rounds, I doubt I could even pronounce thrice (with the proper rolled Rs)!
1603823609583.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Cheers!!!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
He had me at $2300. I'm sold. I will be ordering 7 for all 7 channels in my system. I have been looking for something that make my speakers sound better. Maybe add a hint of chocolate to the sound. These fit the bill. Can't wait to get them!
Just to clarify, pouring chocolate on any part of your system is not recommended. I can imagine it will make things sound different though.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It's too bad that the FTC no longer has a budget for enforcing rules as they did in the past for audio gear specifications. Audioquest and so many other bullshit manufacturers with misrepresenting publicity could be out of business following stiff fines.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Just to clarify, pouring chocolate on any part of your system is not recommended. I can imagine it will make things sound different though.
I think Audioquest said to melt chocolate into the braid of the chord to enhance the mids. If you’re looking for the mids to produce that chocolatey sound. I believe AQ sells chocolate for $50 oz. says it is made with 100% chocolate cow from Norway. I totally believe it. It must be true. AQ said it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be embarassed working at FraudioQuest (new name from the asr thread :) ) in the first place but then I couldn't work at such a place. I need my sleep.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
AND it performs way better after being frozen in a triple distilled water / alcohol mixture for 3 days!
I hear that their new high end model will be tempered in the fiery breath of a dragon!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
You guys should check out Mr. Change’s cable management video!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It's too bad that the FTC no longer has a budget for enforcing rules as they did in the past for audio gear specifications. Audioquest and so many other bullshit manufacturers with misrepresenting publicity could be out of business following stiff fines.
Amen!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis