Audioquest HDMI Audio Rigged Demo Exposed and Addressed in Open Letter

Who do you think is responsible for this deceptive demo?

• Audioquest

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • D-Tronics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both. Let's be real Audioquest had no motivation to end this until they were exposed!

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters
O

Otto Plyot

Junior Audioholic
Do you guys think Wireworld cables are a similar type of snake oil BS like Audioquest cables are?
As I said in my post, if your run is under 25' then a Premium High Speed HDMI cable (QR label) is about as good as you can get for a passive cable. And being as they can be from any mfr, their cost is not unreasonable. Cable mfrs are good at posting their "specs", which is quite often just a careful re-wording of the HDMI 2.0 hardware specifications. Some even go as far as to post some of their specific specifications with nice graphs and test results but those are usually outside of what the human eyes and ears can perceive so they are really meaningless. Gold connectors, oxygen-free copper, etc are nice but they really don't do anything that is perceivable. The cable is just the data pipe. They can not make the video any better. If you get a signal without sparkles, drop outs, etc, that's about as good as you can do. A cable can not make reds any redder or greens any greener. If you feel the high cost is justifiable and you are happy with your purchase then that's all that matters. Cable advertising is basically a lot of smoke and mirrors.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you guys think Wireworld cables are a similar type of snake oil BS like Audioquest cables are?
Most definitely, and from what I can glean David Salz is a believer himself. I had a brief conversation with him once over a Customs drawback documentation issue he was having (our firm did some exporting of his and other products to an audiophool supplier in Russia and he was applying for refunds on duties paid on importation of wire from China).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
With this as the first statement on their site, yes

"Wireworld Cable Technology was founded with the unique mission of perfecting audio cables through objective listening tests."

There's no such thing as an 'objective' listening test'.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
With this as the first statement on their site, yes

"Wireworld Cable Technology was founded with the unique mission of perfecting audio cables through objective listening tests."

There's no such thing as an 'objective' listening test'.
Lmfao!!! Objective listening tests...
Sure. I’m objectively subjective.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis