Audioquest Cable EXPERIENCE

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
OK, I'll bite.

OK so you are saying to listen to the sound instead of the electrical parameters of the components...yes, that's a noble thing, actually enjoying the music. We all do that though.

Now, when you look at a loudspeaker, what is it? Simply an electcro-mechanical conversion process....it takes an electrical signal, and converts it to mehchanical motion. This mechanical motion produces your sound.

Therefore, if you can hear a cable, it means the cable itself posesses different electrical parameters. Thus you basically jsut said that the specs DO matter.

What you did mention of note though, was misleading specs, like the Westinghouse TV...that is the actual problem, however no manufacturer wants to be foreced to be 100% truthful, since it in essence catches many of them with their pants around their ankles.

Audio reproduction is pure science, namely acoustics, physics, and electronics. Pretty much fidelity is just that much more control of those pesky electrons :)

M

Melikey

Audiophyte
Taking care of your wife

Let's see....I make all the money....She lives in a great house...She always drives a new car....She gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants it....She's pissed because how much I spend on cables? Sorry guys. I wear the pants in my house. What does picking on my wife or our relationship have to do with cable theory?

M

Melikey

Audiophyte
Where sound comes from

Mustang_steve

If you think cables play no role in the sound you are hearing though those speakers of yours...simply unplug them.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Melikey,

You are misreading my post...

I said, in a nutshell, if there is an audible difference, it's because there is something electrically different, since if it was not, the loudspeaker would not be able to reproduce it. And everything electronic can be measured.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Melikey said:
Let's see....I make all the money....She lives in a great house...She always drives a new car....She gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants it....She's pissed because how much I spend on cables? Sorry guys. I wear the pants in my house. What does picking on my wife or our relationship have to do with cable theory?
here's my take on cable's,if you can hear differences(as many people can) then more power to ya,i was just ribbin you about the waf deal,when i started trying out exotic cables i wanted very much to hear a difference,i tried a bunch of cables & i couldnt hear anything at all,i was bummed out too because my mouth was watering thinking about an upgrade.

i can hear differences in amps,preamps,cd players & such but i just couldnt hear it with wires or cables.

i asked a few dealer's & other high end guy's i know why i couldnt hear anything & they all told me to sell all my mac gear as it wasnt "resolving"or good enough gear to hear a difference,i kept my mac collection but i did set up a few different rig's just to see if i could hear anything & even through my klipsch corner horn's i couldnt hear a difference so i gave up.

if you do actually hear difference's & it make's the hobby more fun for you then i'd say go for it but try to keep thing's in perspective,get all the gear you want first then if your 100% satisfied with your rig then experiment with cables.

have a great day:)

Z

ZoFo

Audioholic
I only took 6 hours of Psychology

But I did sleep with a lot of Phych Majors, but then again didn't we all?

If cables make such a difference then how come all of the big recording studios, Hollywood film makers and other people whose livelihood depends on good sound and video, use Belden cable and ordinary Cardas RCA connectors on all of their equipment? I think a movie director as obsessed with sound as Lucas would not be afraid to spend money on exotic cables if they really made such a difference.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis