Audiophile Liquidator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
Legit A/V deals from Ubid?
Absolutely! I got my Marantz SR-8400 from ubid. I had to have it serviced under warranty and had no problems. You have to look at what you are buying, in my experience UBID is very honest in listing what is authorized and what is not. For instance, they list yamaha as being unauthorized.

Pat

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the warning about Audiophile Liquidators. I was actually considering them before I purchased the Marantz 7002 from the AH store.

M

mfrumkin

Enthusiast
FYI - "Valley Village, CA", their listed address, is not a town in California. It is either a condo or a trailer park in the valley in LA.
I know nothing about Audiophile Liquidators, but I do know that Valley Village, CA is a real place, not a condo or trailer park. It is a trendier sub-suburb of Los Angeles that used to be part of No. Hollywood. The residents do not yet have themselves zipped as Valley Village but realtors sell homes as being in Valley Village, better zip code than No. Hollywood, (ditto NoHo District). I live in Sherman Oaks, the area just west of Valley Village.

Mike

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
I know nothing about Audiophile Liquidators, but I do know that Valley Village, CA is a real place, not a condo or trailer park. It is a trendier sub-suburb of Los Angeles that used to be part of No. Hollywood. The residents do not yet have themselves zipped as Valley Village but realtors sell homes as being in Valley Village, better zip code than No. Hollywood, (ditto NoHo District). I live in Sherman Oaks, the area just west of Valley Village.

Mike
I used to live a few miles away in West Hills, CA. Yes, Valley Village is a real place. Don't know anything about said business though.

G

gschaps

Audiophyte
Rip-off Report: Audiophile Liquidator

Has anyone purchased anything from Audiophile Liquidator?
Apparently the individual who posted ...

"Audiophile Liquidator You pay - they don't deliver and now they won't answer phone or emails..."

... on ripoffreport.com did. :mad:

R

rdon

Audiophyte
They shipped damaged psb speakers to me.They refused to give my money back. The foam was not damaged where the speakers were.They suggested that I ship them back to them. They would insure them this timeand we could then damage the foam making it look like UPS did it.I declined commiting fraud with them and ended up with damaged goods.If you buy from them you get 2nd's,no warranty,and an unethical merchant to deal with.Buy from them at you own peril.Learn from my mistake. Richard

C

camaesga

Audiophyte
Audiophile Liquidators Is A Waste Of Time For The Buck!

Has anyone purchased anything from Audiophile Liquidator? I am considering buying some speakers from them, but I am very hesitatant to buy them from this internet company.

Any thoughts?

Hi,
I have had experience with audiophile liquidators, and it is not worth the time for the money since it can cost you a customer or headaches. They show this amazing deals by claiming they have all the lines, but the reality is that they somehow have connections with other companies to get the speakers, it took them 2 months for them to ship out a pair of speakers, first, I ordered a pair of Dali concept2 speakers, after 3 and a half weeks that went by, I called them and they said they will call me back with information on my order, (what kind of system they have??) then, they say they don't have them in stock(come on!! after 3 weeks you find out you don't have something in stock?? on top of that the customer has to call them??) then, they call me at the end of the day saying they have Dali ikon in stock which are double the price, I tell them OK, they charge my card and a month goes by with no speakers and the money taken out of my account!!! :eek::eek::eek: I call, they don't get back to me the entire day and after dialing countless times, their answer is: let me check if we have them in stock!!! OMG!!!!:mad::mad: they say the have them and that it will take 5 to 8 day to get to us, I asked if they could send them next day (after I have a frustrated customer waiting for them!!), they refused to do that claiming they have the best deals in the industry.

Pd, I guess if I have forgotten I ordered these speakers they would have kept their mouth shot. :mad::mad::mad:

If you want to waste time on the phone, brain cells getting mad and worried, order stuff from AUDIOPHILE LIQUIDATORS, they say they have the best prices, but they will make you loose your cool, your time, and maybe your customers.

Matt34

Matt34

This thread must be pretty high on a google search for this company as it keeps getting hits. I think the point has been made "buyer beware".

When a company such as Parasound (or any other A/V manufacturer) offers a great warranty it doesn't make any sense to me to forgo the warranty while "saving" money on the purchase by trying to buy from unauthorized e-tailers.
How do these companies get the products? These are apparently real Parasound products, so how do they get there is sufficient quantities?

Don't the products have serial numbers? If you ordered one it would seem like it could be traced back to the leaky dealer.

Just curious as it seems to be a common problem we hear from many manufacturers. You'd think they could track where their products are being sold from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis