Audiophile Liquidator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shex68

Audiophyte
Any luck with audiophile liquidator? Im looking to purchase at there much lower prices

G

gnagel

Junior Audioholic
shex68 said:
Any luck with audiophile liquidator? Im looking to purchase at there much lower prices
I finally decided to go with Audio Excellence (out of New York) for my purchase.

I would consider buying from Audio Liquidator in the future. However, a couple of minor problems with the website shook my confidence a little.

First, the image posted on the website was not the correct picture of the item I was interested in buying. So, I called and the image was replaced with the correct picture the following day.

Then, as I went to place my order, the shipping calculator was not working properly. It was adding 100 pounds to the actual weight of the package when computing the shipping. As a result, the shipping was calculating at $145 for a 14 pound package via UPS Ground! So, I called again---this time it took two days for the website to be fixed.

I then noticed that Audio Excellence was selling the speakers for approximately the same price, so I decided to purchase from them. So far, I am very pleased with the transaction.

I saved over 30% on three Anthony Gallo A'Diva Titanium speakers as compared to any of the local retailers.

I hope this helps...

Glenn

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
Bought a projector from them, and some speakers. Might have taken a risk, but I did it anyway. They called me immediately after the purchase, to confirm the charge to my card. They also sent several e-mails. They called prior to shipping the proj, to make sure someone would be home, and sent it overnight express. It arrived exactly as stated, 4K less than MSRP, with their own 1 yr warrenty, which I have not tested. So far, I have no complaints.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Make sure the site has an 800#, and option to buy via phone. That way you can confirm the price, model number, shipping charges, and if the warranty is through the mfg. or the website. Many sites like this buy B Stock and offer their own warranties. Not a bad deal, but you want to make sure they'll back it up. Check reseller ratings. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it absolutely, positively is, and you're going to get the shaft. Trust me. Sites like Ubid.com, Vanns.com, and Overstock.com are about the best I've found for legit A/V deals without remorse.

G

gnagel

Junior Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Make sure the site has an 800#, and option to buy via phone.
Of course, I did call Audiophile Liquidators on their "877" number. They were responsive and are willing to process the order over the phone. I also felt that I was getting some level of protection by using my VISA card. If anything were to go wrong early in the process, I could always file a dispute with VISA.

Many sites like this buy B Stock and offer their own warranties.
From the Audiophile Liquidator website...

Audiophile Liquidator inventory has been purchased from going out of business ventures, for that reason we are able to offer pricing lower than MSRP. We sell factory New, A-Stock Products!

Audiophile Liquidator is not an authorized dealer of Anthony Gallo products. As a result, the Gallo warranty would not be honored. However, Audiophile Liquidator offers a one year warranty on the products.

Overall, it seemed legitimate. I went with Audio Excellence for this purchase only because I experienced a couple of relatively minor problems while attempting to make the purchase.

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
also if you have a visa platinum card it will auto double the waranty but you have to

post the whole purchase price on the card.

P

Paul Brownlee

Audiophyte
Audiophile Liquidator Update

Hi:
I have worked at Parasound for 13 years and spoken to a number of forum members over the last decade. I have never posted anything in an audio forum before today but I have been reading this thread for some time and feel compelled to say that Audiophile Liquidator lists a number of brands including Parasound that they are not authorized dealers for. There are numerous brands on their site that they do not have franchise agreements for and cannot legally offer warranties from. A "warranty" is only good if somebody can get the parts to repair a unit. If the parts are not readily available except through the manufacturer then the usefulness of the suggested warranty comes into question.
When a company such as Parasound (or any other A/V manufacturer) offers a great warranty it doesn't make any sense to me to forgo the warranty while "saving" money on the purchase by trying to buy from unauthorized e-tailers.

This is not meant to be a Parasound plug but a general consumer alert regarding authorized and non-authorized dealers of A/V gear.
Thanks for taking a moment to read my post.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
I guess you really have to be looking at something specific to buy from these guys... I did shopping.com searches on 7 or 8 random items (receivers, speakers, and an amp) and they were only marginally competitive pricewise with new stock from reliable companies like Onecall and Namebrandz.

I didn't see any major savings.

To me, that would not be worth risking a warranty issue.

R

r.beckman

Audiophyte
Pleased to report that I am satisfied with two major purchases from this source. As stated on the web site, the products I obtained were top quality (never opened) and even though they had been shipped twice they were in excellent shape.

It pays to be careful when saving and this source ... delivered!

S

simpleHT

Audioholic Intern
Leprkon said:
I guess you really have to be looking at something specific to buy from these guys... I did shopping.com searches on 7 or 8 random items (receivers, speakers, and an amp) and they were only marginally competitive pricewise with new stock from reliable companies like Onecall and Namebrandz.

I didn't see any major savings.

To me, that would not be worth risking a warranty issue.
Well, they carry much more unique items not available with OneCall. BTW, is NameBrandz authorized dealer on the items they sell?

S

simpleHT

Audioholic Intern
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Trust me. Sites like Ubid.com, Vanns.com, and Overstock.com are about the best I've found for legit A/V deals without remorse.
Legit A/V deals from Ubid?

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
simpleHT said:
Legit A/V deals from Ubid?
Believe it or not, Ubid is actually a authorized dealer/seller for a lot of name brands.
I know that JBL and BIC has authorized them (as well I think Yamaha and Denon)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
brian32672 said:
Believe it or not, Ubid is actually a authorized dealer/seller for a lot of name brands.
I know that JBL and BIC has authorized them (as well I think Yamaha and Denon)
I don't think they are on Yamaha's list but in return I'll see Brian's Yammy and raise an Onkyo (God help them:( )

I have had excellent results from Ubid. They seem to stand behind what they sell.

C

chicagomd

Audioholic Intern
My guess is you should be able to confirm with any company if the internet distrubitor you are going to buy from is authorized or not with an e-mail or a phone call to customer service.

It might take a bit longer, but in the long run it will probably reduce your stress level significantly.

B

Ben at Tannoy

Audiophyte
Audiophile Liquidators

Good day all,

Just wanted you all to know that Audiophile liquidator is trouble.

The address they list as corporate HQ is a parking garage.

They are not an authorised dealer for any items they sell.

They have the entire Tannoy line listed, and won't be able to supply it.

So, I don't think it is a good idea to give them your credit card.

Buy from your local dealers, you will be much happier in the long run.

Cheers,

Ben

B

BURNT

Audiophyte
Even after reading the Audioholics forum regarding Audiophile Liquidators, i took a chance anyway and ordered a Marantz PM 7001. All I was looking for was a high quality 2 channel stereo amp/preamp combo to power some Klipsch passive monitors in my studio. The price seemed to be to good to be true, and it was. I ordered the item a week ago, and the only confirmation I got was that they had charged my credit card. When I sent them an email inquiring about my order, I got info on someone else's item (Wrong customer, wrong item). I tried calling them for two hours, but got an answer machine or a busy signal. I finally sent them an email requesting that they cancel my order, and, oh look, a miracle! I got an email telling me the phones worked just fine now. When I finally did get someone on the phone, I gave them a chance to make it right by updating me on my order. They could not tell me if the item was in stock or if, or when, it would ship. When I asked to speak to the manager in charge of refunds, they hung up on me. FYI - "Valley Village, CA", their listed address, is not a town in California. It is either a condo or a trailer park in the valley in LA.

Do yourself a favor. Buy from a reputable company that actually has the products they advertise and actually knows when (and if!) they will ship. I wouldn't wish this company on my worse enemy!

B

BURNT

Audiophyte
Ben, you are so right on! Audiophile Liquidators is real close to fraudulent. I warned them that internet fraud is both a California felony and a Federal crime. I demanded a reversal of my credit card transaction, when, after a week, they had no idea where my order was. I called my Visa card, and put a block on any internet transactions as well as filed a dispute. They won't get my money, and they sure won't get my business!

B

BURNT

Audiophyte
PLEASE ... Read my posts BEFORE you buy anything from Audiophile Liquidators. I have wasted an entire day just to have them hang up one me!

Bad news is never good news ...

B

BURNT

Audiophyte
Your link to the "chainreaction.web" did not work for me. Maybe it is mis-typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis