Audiophile Cable Synergy: Real or Snake Oil?

Is Cable Synergy Real?

• Yes. Cables make or break the sound of a system.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No. Cable Synergy is snake oil.

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • I go wireless, no cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
got a freebie 'high-end' AudioQuest power cord, was advertised to really 'open up' the soundstage of my system.
Have not heard any difference compared with the 'old' factory supplied power cord! (then again I do suffer from tinnitus). :p

IMG_2670.JPG

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
What? It didn't cure that?

:p
No cure yet, but it was recommended that I 'upgrade' all the power cables in my system to really open that soundstage! Trouble is the power for turntable and TT pre-amp are on wall warts, got to search for 'high-end' wall warts! I guess if the electricity can get to the components a tenth of a millisecond sooner it's a major improvement. :cool:

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
got a freebie 'high-end' AudioQuest power cord, was advertised to really 'open up' the soundstage of my system.
Have not heard any difference compared with the 'old' factory supplied power cord! (then again I do suffer from tinnitus). :p

View attachment 37973
"This cable uses a carefully finessed combination of Perfect-Surface Copper (PSC) and extremely high purity Perfect-Surface Copper+ (PSC+) conductors. The astonishingly smooth and pure Perfect-Surface eliminates harshness and greatly increases clarity compared to OFHC, OCC, 8N and other coppers. Extremely high-purity PSC+ further minimizes distortion caused by grain boundaries, which exist within any metal conductor."

Wow. Gotta watch those 'grain boundaries'. :D

Otto Pylot

Otto Pylot

Junior Audioholic
Anything AudioQuest pushes is questionable. They have taken the art of marketing and product description to a higher level.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd be pissed if I had expensive gear that sounded harsh and grainy and needed a thousand dollar cable to make it sound right...

Who the hell voted "yes, it can make or break the sound of a system"?? Show yourself! :p

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
It needs more burn-in, and/or your system just isn't revealing enough for you to hear a difference.

C'mon man, it's simple science.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No cure yet, but it was recommended that I 'upgrade' all the power cables in my system to really open that soundstage! Trouble is the power for turntable and TT pre-amp are on wall warts, got to search for 'high-end' wall warts! I guess if the electricity can get to the components a tenth of a millisecond sooner it's a major improvement. :cool:
Yeah, it "improves the pace and timing of the music".

I want people to think about that phrase for a few minutes.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Surely you are kidding, yes?

BluesDaddy

BluesDaddy

Audioholic Intern
The real "partnership" is between the accountants and partners at PS Audio and Audioquest who both derive sales revenue from the other pushing their product. The margin in cables is so high that it seems only the businessman of the highest ethics can resist chasing those practically free dollars. It's just about a license to print money.

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
It just so happens that I've developed special speaker cables that cure tinnitus by adding special high frequency signals that phase-cancel the ringing in your ears!

And they can be yours for the paltry sum of $5K per foot! Make sure you mention the specific pitch of your ear-ringing when you order, so we can tune the cables to your ears! ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ah, the good ol' PRaT thing from cables and electronics....a true landmark in audiophoolya history!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not familiar with that acronym (though I know what a "Prat" is...)
Yes if you know what prat is it might be surprising (and appropriate) to find it is an audiophool favorite....Pace, Rhythm and Timing. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis