Audiophile Cable Synergy: Real or Snake Oil?

Is Cable Synergy Real?

• Yes. Cables make or break the sound of a system.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • No. Cable Synergy is snake oil.

Votes: 44 93.6%
  • I go wireless, no cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Yes if you know what prat is it might be surprising (and appropriate) to find it is an audiophool favorite....Pace, Rhythm and Timing. :)
Uh... those are all basically the same thing. At least from a musician's perspective. So yeah, I guess it's wildly appropo to condense them into that acronym when someone uses them to describe a cable. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Uh... those are all basically the same thing. At least from a musician's perspective. So yeah, I guess it's wildly appropo to condense them into that acronym when someone uses them to describe a cable. :D
LOL and meaningless. However many "serious" audio mags/blogs still propagate this nonsense.

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
LOL and meaningless. However many "serious" audio mags/blogs still propagate this nonsense.
Well, they're not meaningless when you're in a rehearsal room. But they definitely are when describing audio gear. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, they're not meaningless when you're in a rehearsal room. But they definitely are when describing audio gear. :D
Yes that could be a thing, the audio reviewer-like descriptions just are funny more than anything else. But so many will go for that nonsense, weird.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
It just so happens that I've developed special speaker cables that cure tinnitus by adding special high frequency signals that phase-cancel the ringing in your ears!

And they can be yours for the paltry sum of $5K per foot! Make sure you mention the specific pitch of your ear-ringing when you order, so we can tune the cables to your ears! ;)
What if you could see an audiologist and they test you to find out the frequency of your tinnitus. Then develop noise canceling hearing aids that play that frequency. The only problem I see is tinnitus is nerve damage and not actually sound waves, still it may be possible based on how your brain interprets the sound.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I admit that I have tested audioquest HDMI cables. To be had, the $30 6 foot 8K certified from Microcenter (QVS) were just as good as the one $100 audioquest cable. Never again. And that was before I found this forum. If you need or want another brand that is fully tested and certified get the ones from Kordz. Hard to find in the USA but you can find them. I like what I hear of the quality of Blue Jeans Cable and Benchmark Media also sells cables of high quality for not outrageous cost, and the Benchmark Cables are used for reference level audio and are way cheaper than Audioquest silver snot.

highfigh

highfigh

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes if you know what prat is it might be surprising (and appropriate) to find it is an audiophool favorite....Pace, Rhythm and Timing. :)
Maybe someone should develop a cable laxative, to relieve........never mind

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis