Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

T

TimoHT

Enthusiast
Sub Shootout Schedule

Gene,

Does this remain your estimate of the schedule? So many of us are waiting with great anticipation!!!!

--- Tim

I requested products to be shipped to Paul in October. If all goes well this shootout should be published late Nov, early Dec.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So what's the scoop? Who are the players and when does your work begin? :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
great, write the most ambiguous article ever with regards to with whom what exactly happened (yes i do realize your position) and tell me it answered my questions.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks. Bose did lose that lawsuit. It cost CU a lot of $$$ to defend themselves, $$ that is better used in product testing. I am sure that is why the difference to Bose reviews today.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
so umm did I miss something? :eek: Who are the players and when are the results coming?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Excellent retort Gene...Just curious the company whom concluded that ground plane testing wasn't really a standard in which to test subwoofers wasn't Canadian by any chance?;)

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
I suspect many of us (readers) have an idea of the hassle. Nonetheless, we still expect them. Thanks for the effort!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Excellent retort Gene...Just curious the company whom concluded that ground plane testing wasn't really a standard in which to test subwoofers wasn't Canadian by any chance?;)
I really hope it wasn't funky waves, they make some of the best-DIY-subs-that-don't-qualify-anywhere-near-as-much-as-Seaton-etc-for-this-shootout-but-are-somehow-qualified-but-it's-okay-because-the drivers-they-use-are-excellent-plus-they're-Canadian-and-so-am-I

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I really hope it wasn't funky waves, they make some of the best-DIY-subs-that-don't-qualify-anywhere-near-as-much-as-Seaton-etc-for-this-shootout-but-are-somehow-qualified-but-it's-okay-because-the drivers-they-use-are-excellent-plus-they're-Canadian-and-so-am-I
Nope, think about a big company ID perhaps!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
And uses "research" in their motto like Bose. :eek:

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I finally decided to read every page of this thread. I get now that we were discussing Axiom Audio. Kind of funny but they posted a hilarious blog post about double blind testing by their owner Alan talking about how he blind tests his speakers vs other products and how he himself rated them higher.

Uh... you know your product better than anyone else... how's that even a blind test!? You need someone without total familiarity and bias doing the listening!

But anyways, This is looking to be a great shootout, although I still really think Seaton Submersive should have been considered, because it's reasonably sized, it fits the price, it really is readily available (unlike the dual 18" terraform of course), and the site isn't much harder to navigate than any other, the only difference being that it's more of a forum format than a click n buy. It's not even close to a DIY product - he uses his own proprietary drivers!

Now if he was approached and just wasn't interested, that's fine. I just got a sense that the seaton sound submersive wasn't considered because the website is a bit on the underdeveloped side.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis