Audioholics Announces SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Speaker Package Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neil944

Audiophyte
I'm most excited to see what technologies receivers will add in the coming year. I want atmos, but I'm hoping another new tech will come out to sweeten the pot before I upgrade. Also new subs always catch my eye. You can NEVER have too much deep bass.

P

Paul Fenlon

Audiophyte
Looking forward to more immersive audio like dts:x and atmos

M

mbsquiggles

Audiophyte
To show some love to our loyal Audioholics readers, we’re partnering with SVS to give away a Prime Satellite 5.1 Speaker Package! SVS subwoofers and speakers are favorites among Audioholics forum members and critics for outperforming higher priced competition and offering dynamics and build quality befitting the best audio products in the world. The SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package has been widely hailed as one of the best sounding compact speaker systems available.

To enter, simply:
  1. Register to receive the Audioholics and SVS email newsletters.
  2. Respond using that same address if you are contacted as the winner
  3. Answer our prequalifier question in the thread below. It’s just that simple.

PLEASE NOTE: By registering for the contest, you are agreeing to receive both the Audioholics and SVS email newsletters.

Prequalifier Question:
What new audio technology are you most excited about? (please answer in thread below)

View attachment 17720

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

The five SVS Prime Satellite Speakers deliver crystal clear dialogue and vocals, an enveloping soundstage and seamless sonic transitions from front to back and side to side. Anchoring the low end is the startlingly robust SB-1000 Subwoofer, a compact 13” sealed cube model that pumps out waves of accurate, highly impactful bass to lay the foundation for all audio playback. Paired together, this is a killer sounding, décor friendly surround sound system for any small to medium sized room. It also comes in a gorgeous, hand-applied Piano Gloss Black finish for a truly high end look.

ENTER NOW (and answer our prequalifier question in the thread below)

PRIZE: One system consisting of five (5) SVS Prime Satellite Speakers and one (1) SB-1000 Subwoofer in Piano Gloss Finish (value $1199.99)

RULES: To enter, simply provide email address and follow confirmation to sign up for the Audioholics and SVS newsletters. One new subscriber who joins between 3/1/16 to 3/31/16 will be chosen at random as the Prime Satellite 5.1 System winner.* But don’t wait, the entry period ends March 31, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST!

To learn more about SVS speakers, subwoofers and audio accessories, click here.

*Winner must be U.S. or Canadian resident, 18 years old or older with valid email address.

REMEMBER YOU'VE GOT TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT!
Contest ends 3/31/16 at 11:59 PM EST

M

mbsquiggles

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am interested in the increased use of folded-ribbon tweeters lately. On my next upgrade, should these types of drivers be on my list of must-haves in an affordable system such as monitors vs. towers?
And..
Except for those with unlimited funds who are buying towers, and with subs handling everything below 80hz extremely well, should not most people be using monitors instead of towers?

Desktop powered speakers are of interest to me as well, some even with ribbon tweeters too.

As bandwidth limitations are over for some, audio and video streaming has become they way to go. Is this easier than owning your own library on your own media server? Convenience vs. quality in audio and video?

ELAC seems to be another hit for Andrew Jones. Why are his designs so well thought of and is there a secret sauce?

Thx... Gene and Hugo with a big shout-out to Marshall

M

mezball

Audiophyte
Looking at Dolby ATMOS, and DTS:X. Most important, where does audio go from here.

T

Tw@rgv

Audiophyte
What's not to be excited about? There are so many new things that are bringing the exceptional sound to the home enthusiast, and at reasonable pricing. But like many I am very excited about the immersive audio, (dtx, atmos).

S

spfx

Audiophyte
First of all i would like to say is that the SVS PB12 plus 2 subwoofer is probably the best purchase i have ever made for my system. I previously had 2 Hartley 15" custom built subs powered by Crown and EV amps and i thought i had great subs until i found out about SVS. I hooked the sub up and popped in the blu-ray of U-571 and it scared the crap out of me! And that was only on a setting of 3 on the dial. I am sure that were i to turn the sub up higher i could do structural damage to my house. A friend of mine said why do you need a sub that goes below 20HZ because humans can't hear that low? Well your body feels that sound and since he heard mine he don't say that anymore!

Now to answer the contest question: The audio advancements i am most excited about is Dolby Atmos and DTS-X.

B

Bruce Haugh

Audiophyte
Looking forward to the new DTS-X technology. I most interested to see if there is any value to it for small to mid-size home theaters or rooms with lower ceilings. It seems a technology best for people with large theaters.

Brian Sullan

Brian Sullan

Audiophyte
I'm most excited about lowering the price point for great audio quality such as the speaker lines that Andrew Jones is now developing for ELAC.

S

Sal1950

Audioholic Intern
I've read a lot both positive and negative on the MQA process. I'm most excited to learn the
truth of the technical and audible merits of MQA when it when it becomes available

L

lbkwhitney

Audiophyte
To show some love to our loyal Audioholics readers, we’re partnering with SVS to give away a Prime Satellite 5.1 Speaker Package! SVS subwoofers and speakers are favorites among Audioholics forum members and critics for outperforming higher priced competition and offering dynamics and build quality befitting the best audio products in the world. The SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 Package has been widely hailed as one of the best sounding compact speaker systems available.

To enter, simply:

PLEASE NOTE: By registering for the contest, you are agreeing to receive both the Audioholics and SVS email newsletters.

Prequalifier Question:
What new audio technology are you most excited about? (please answer in thread below)

View attachment 17720

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

The five SVS Prime Satellite Speakers deliver crystal clear dialogue and vocals, an enveloping soundstage and seamless sonic transitions from front to back and side to side. Anchoring the low end is the startlingly robust SB-1000 Subwoofer, a compact 13” sealed cube model that pumps out waves of accurate, highly impactful bass to lay the foundation for all audio playback. Paired together, this is a killer sounding, décor friendly surround sound system for any small to medium sized room. It also comes in a gorgeous, hand-applied Piano Gloss Black finish for a truly high end look.

PRIZE: One system consisting of five (5) SVS Prime Satellite Speakers and one (1) SB-1000 Subwoofer in Piano Gloss Finish (value $1199.99)

RULES: To enter, simply provide email address and follow confirmation to sign up for the Audioholics and SVS newsletters. One new subscriber who joins between 3/1/16 to 3/31/16 will be chosen at random as the Prime Satellite 5.1 System winner.* But don’t wait, the entry period ends March 31, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST!

*Winner must be U.S. or Canadian resident, 18 years old or older with valid email address.

I am interested in hearing more of MQA technology.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic

To enter, simply:

Prequalifier Question:

View attachment 17720

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
As a music lover it excites me when you can fine tune your system to hit sweet spots with consistency...Audioholics have enlighten me to enjoy and appreciate the time and effort that goes into audio equipment and sound....Thanks Gene and all Audioholics!!!

L

lhunka

Audiophyte

To enter, simply:

Prequalifier Question:

View attachment 17720

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

To enter, simply:

Prequalifier Question:

View attachment 17720

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

L

lhunka

Audiophyte
I would be happy to know if all this new stuff is really more enjoyable than 5.1

D

Dreko

Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to see how dts will incorporate headphone x technology so it can be use with any gear, example computer, smartphone, video games etc.

T

Tim McGinnis

Audiophyte
4K with HDR front projection systems using laser-based light engines. 3D audio is also of high interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis