Audioengine a2+ are unpleasant to listen to

K

kushakhan

Audiophyte
I’ve used these for a full day now and honestly the experience hasn’t been great. They sound somewhat muffled at times and have this low punch that hurt my ears at lower volumes. I am by no means an audio expert, and this is coming from an old pair of creative labs I bought over 15 years ago.
I initially bought them as https://1921681001.id/ I need a small speakers due to my limited desk space. I did get the optional stands and they do help but I guess I was expecting a bit more for the price. Will these sound a bit better in time?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You might become more accustomed to them in time is a better way to think about it....you likely simply need better speakers. Small desktop speakers can be limited. Might think about getting the speakers as well positioned as possible first, though....how do you have them positioned?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
They work pretty well on my PC, of course its not a technical/critical listening area, just a speaker on a PC for games ( grandkids) and a listen to a tune to see if I want to try it before I buy it kinda thing. .

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve used these for a full day now and honestly the experience hasn’t been great. They sound somewhat muffled at times and have this low punch that hurt my ears at lower volumes. I am by no means an audio expert, and this is coming from an old pair of creative labs I bought over 15 years ago.
I initially bought them as I need a small speakers due to my limited desk space. I did get the optional stands and they do help but I guess I was expecting a bit more for the price. Will these sound a bit better in time?
How are the speakers positioned on your desk, as that could be causing some issues. Old typical PC speakers (and new too) use full range drivers, typically, to cover the top end and would behave differently then a true tweeter.

Last edited:
F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Changes in sound quality always require an accustomization period. They will sound the same but better to you over time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis