Audio Power Cables / Cords - Do they really make a difference?

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
How are you still here.....?

See my last post. You're not part of the solution. You're part of the problem.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
See my second last post.
And read it.

I will say this before my permanent ban.
I have a legitimate argument and I will repeat it.

If you believe that cables make a difference. Let's talk about it in a civil way.
If you don't believe cables make a difference. Then go on with your life and don't worry about it.

You can't talk about cables on this forum without being ridiculed.
why have a cable forum?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
See my second last post.
And read it.

If you believe that cables make a difference. Let's talk about it in a civil way.
If you don't believe cables make a difference. Then go on with your life and don't worry about it.

why have a cable forum?
What cable forum? Why wouldn't you be ridiculed about something as silly as cables?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
See my second last post.
And read it.

why have a cable forum?
Well we do talk about cables. We talk about sensible issues, like appropriate HDCP versions of cables and the best options for longer bandwidth cables. Important issues. However we do not believe in magic and fairy tales. This forum does not originate out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Well we do talk about cables. We talk about sensible issues, like appropriate HDCP versions of cables and the best options for longer bandwidth cables. Important issues. However we do not believe in magic and fairy tales. This forum does not originate out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC.
There you go.

But don't ridicule people for trying different cables....(any type of cable).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
See my second last post.
And read it.

why have a cable forum?
They don't and you have no evidence that they do.

Enjoy your cables, lol.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
I will, thanks.
I've used a Nordost Red Dawn to feed my PS Audio power bar for years.
It's dead quite, but .........
I want to upgrade but would like to see some feedback first on other Nordost power cables.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I will, Thanks.
I want to upgrade but would like to see some feedback first on other Nordost power cables.
Well old boy, keep this up and you can run for President of these United States.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will, thanks.
This is the most transparent, noise free cable you can find (I even use it myself!) right here. I've compared them to many other brands and can vouch for them myself. Test them out DBT style against your Nordost. I'll bet the farm you'll be blown away when you can't hear the difference.

Give 'em a shot. You can thank me later.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
This is the most transparent, noise free cable you can find (I even use it myself!) right here. I've compared them to many other brands and can vouch for them myself. Test them out DBT style against your Nordost. I'll bet the farm you'll be blown away when you can't hear the difference.

Give 'em a shot. You can thank me later.
No, actually I have.
I have a similar cable in my second system (solid state).
I have 12 guage wire that I bought at Home Depot.
My main system has the Nordost.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

How many of those cables have you fed that power bar? Does it get expensive feeding it over the years? How can you afford such an expensive menu to feed that power bar?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, actually I have.
I have a similar cable in my second system (solid state).
I have 12 guage wire that I bought at Home Depot.
My main system has the Nordost.
You actually have, what?

Btw, that's not Home Depot 12 Guage wire... that's top of the line OFC! It'll blow your Home Depot wire out of the water. It even makes bad recordings sound better!

highfigh

highfigh

My system s dead QUIET. Oh, wait- the power was turned off. OK, it's on again. From my listening position, it's still dead quiet. WooHoo! OEM power cords.

Winning.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
RED DAWN POWER CORD
It used to be the case that all systems ran on stock power cords, but recent experience has shown that, far from the occasional afterthought they once were, properly designed audiophile power cords are fundamental to system performance. In fact, the effects are so demonstrable, so obvious, that power cords are fast assuming their proper position as the most important cables in your system.

The Red Dawn Power Cord employs high-speed, low-loss, heavy gauge 3 x 14 AWG Micro Mono-Filament conductors sheathed in FEP insulation. The minimal dielectric effect and propagation delay ensures that power is transported as directly as possible, straight to your equipment, while purpose built, audio-grade connectors maintain the low source impedance of your AC supply and ensure superior grounding.

So that's why they are $349.99 for 1 Meter. It's that Micro Mono-Filament.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
RED DAWN POWER CORD
It used to be the case that all systems ran on stock power cords, but recent experience has shown that, far from the occasional afterthought they once were, properly designed audiophile power cords are fundamental to system performance. In fact, the effects are so demonstrable, so obvious, that power cords are fast assuming their proper position as the most important cables in your system.

The Red Dawn Power Cord employs high-speed, low-loss, heavy gauge 3 x 14 AWG Micro Mono-Filament conductors sheathed in FEP insulation. The minimal dielectric effect and propagation delay ensures that power is transported as directly as possible, straight to your equipment, while purpose built, audio-grade connectors maintain the low source impedance of your AC supply and ensure superior grounding.

So that's why they are $349.99 for 1 Meter. It's that Micro Mono-Filament.
No, because it is marketed to audiophiles....just not very knowledgeable ones. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So where are these effects that are "so demonstrable, so obvious"?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis