B

Bmrcmr

Audiophyte
I'm using an Android device to stream video content to a Chromecast plugged into the back of an outdoor projector (Goodee) then I'm using the headphone jack 3.5 mm from the projector to a (nobsound) mini amp which is powering Polk atrium 4 speakers. The problem is that the sound level seems to be limited between the projector 3.5 mm output and the input to the amp I cannot seem to overcome this . the manifestation of this is that the sound level on *** some of the movies that were watching are too low. Some content streamed from Netflix had acceptable audio levels. Some content streamed from Disney+ or CBS all access had deficient audio levels. Appreciate all thoughts on this issue. Thx!!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You can use a HDMI audio extractor ahead of your projector to send it to the amplifier first. This will give you the best possible audio levels available.

That's only about 20 bucks and can give the best results with your setup.

The obvious issue being that you are using very bottom rung gear to get things working at all.

It might be worth perusing your local Craigslist, or even hit up eBay, to look for an older non-HDMI AV receiver that has better power delivery if you want to get a lot more power out of the system as well as support for digital optical audio connectivity, which that HDMI audio extractor will give you. It won't force you to buy a brand new, and potentially expensive HDMI equipped AV receiver right now, but can deliver 100+ watts per channel to drive your speakers properly.

For example, in my area...

That is $15 well spent if you just want to get some decent amplified audio to some speakers using digital optical audio.

B

Bmrcmr

Audiophyte
Thank you for your help. I've purchased an hdmi audio extractor. Testing today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis