ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh oh, somebody might not like the fact that I just LIKED 2 of your posts back to back. :D

Not that any of us have to JUSTIFY what we “like”. It doesn’t mean we necessarily agree 100%. It just means there is at least something in the post that we like.
I “liked” your smiley face.
The rest is dross.
:p ;) :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm...
I made a few changes in my system...
  • I connected my $1200 AC line cord from Cardus
  • Changed over my fuses to Synergistic Research Purples
Now my system is far more open and transparent... o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Just my $0.02... ;)
It will sound even more open and transparent after a cable break-in, and the same goes for the fuses. At least 51.5 hours is needed to detect this and by 93.8 hours it will be a substantial change. :D

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
It will sound even more open and transparent after a cable break-in, and the same goes for the fuses. At least 51.5 hours is needed to detect this and by 93.8 hours it will be a substantial change. :D
Talking to tech support and they said..
"The proper break-in period is 144 hours..."
Even after 25 hours I noticed a major difference... :rolleyes:

Just my $0.02... ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
HA, actually I said it's BETTER than the McIntosh. Maybe that's why this guy is upset.
I don’t even think he owns any amps.

It’s probably just that some people feel strongly about certain things.

I have my beliefs. And I probably disagree with plenty of people about certain things.

But as I get older, I don’t mind about the little things. :D

This is Bridget Fonda from the movie “Point of No Return”.

E

Endeavour32

Enthusiast
Trell, here are some measurements that I took. I figured if there was a difference, someone like you would show up and say exactly what you did. (every forum has someone like you) When I took the amp out of the box I immediately took three measurements to see if there was any measurable differences in volume as the amp burned in. I also wanted to know if the volume scale would be the same as the BHK, as I originally wanted the BHKs for my mains and the ATI for everything else. I took measurements at volume level -50, -18, -5. I then went to 0 but the ATI quickly went into protection mode. I did the same measurements with the BHK. The BHK and ATI paired very well with the BHK being slightly louder at each measurement, but easily matched with the gain control.

So zero hours on the ATI here were the DB readings.
Volume DB
-50 56
-18 85
-5 97

After 50 Hours
-50 56
-18 86
-5 100

After 200 Hours
-50 56
-18 87
-5 101

Amp no longer goes into protection a full volume, but did when new.
85 decibels changed from -18 at zero hours to -19.5 at 200 hours.

These things are clearly measured and proven. If the power level can change over this time period, you don't think anything else is changing? Yes, the OTHER things are simply my opinion, heard by my ears. I was quite methodical the way I tested, and if something didn't seem the same or different I would switch back and forth until I realized there was or was not a difference. If you don't like my opinion too bad, its my opinion and I know what I experienced. By the sounds of it, maybe you should get your hearing checked, again it's just my opinion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Trell, here are some measurements that I took. I figured if there was a difference, someone like you would show up and say exactly what you did. (every forum has someone like you) When I took the amp out of the box I immediately took three measurements to see if there was any measurable differences in volume as the amp burned in. I also wanted to know if the volume scale would be the same as the BHK, as I originally wanted the BHKs for my mains and the ATI for everything else. I took measurements at volume level -50, -18, -5. I then went to 0 but the ATI quickly went into protection mode. I did the same measurements with the BHK. The BHK and ATI paired very well with the BHK being slightly louder at each measurement, but easily matched with the gain control.

So zero hours on the ATI here were the DB readings.
Volume DB
-50 56
-18 85
-5 97

After 50 Hours
-50 56
-18 86
-5 100

After 200 Hours
-50 56
-18 87
-5 101

Amp no longer goes into protection a full volume, but did when new.
85 decibels changed from -18 at zero hours to -19.5 at 200 hours.

These things are clearly measured and proven. If the power level can change over this time period, you don't think anything else is changing? Yes, the OTHER things are simply my opinion, heard by my ears. I was quite methodical the way I tested, and if something didn't seem the same or different I would switch back and forth until I realized there was or was not a difference. If you don't like my opinion too bad, its my opinion and I know what I experienced. By the sounds of it, maybe you should get your hearing checked, again it's just my opinion.
Interesting.

Did you keep both amp and preamp wam at the same time?

I never thought the amp itself increased in volume over time. I always thought the preamp might increase in volume over time. The reason was because of my experiment with my Denon AVP-A1HDCI that started to have volume increases over time, even though my ATI amps were kept COLD until it was time to measure the volume. But the AVP-A1HDCI eventually malfunctioned, so I I didn’t put any stock into that experiment. :D

But I guess it could be either one or both.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just got my hands on the ATI 2022 January Dealer Price Sheets.

- No Price Increases :D
- No Changes for AT52xNc (200W x 8, 30-65 LBS) and AT54xNc (500W x 4, 30-65 LBS) models
- No Changes for Class-AB Signature Series AT4000 (200 x 7, 51-93 LBS) and AT6000 (300 x 7, 86-140 LBS)
- No mention of the ATP-16 or any Pre-pros yet :(

- New Class-AB BALANCED DUAL DIFFERENTIAL Models:
1. AT3300, 330W up to 8Ch, 48-101 LBS
2. AT2200, 220W up to 8Ch, Smaller and Lighter than the AT3300, Prices not announced yet

- More affordable Class-AB Models:
1. AT1800, 200W up to 7Ch, 44-95 LBS
2. AT1600, 160W up to 8Ch, Smaller and Lighter than AT1800, Prices for the new AT1600 have not been announced yet, but should be less than the AT1800 models

I think the AT1600 will be interesting. A true real 160WPC Class-AB amp that is smaller, lighter and less expensive is welcomed. :D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

- No Changes for AT52xNc (200W x 8, 30-65 LBS) and AT54xNc (500W x 4, 30-65 LBS) models
- No Changes for Class-AB Signature Series AT4000 (200 x 7, 51-93 LBS) and AT6000 (300 x 7, 86-140 LBS)

2. AT2200, 220W up to 8Ch, Smaller and Lighter than the AT3300, Prices not announced yet

2. AT1600, 160W up to 8Ch, Smaller and Lighter than AT1800, Prices for the new AT1600 have not been announced yet, but should be less than the AT1800 models

I think the AT1600 will be interesting. A true real 160WPC Class-AB amp that is smaller, lighter and less expensive is welcomed. :D
Can you send me some sample units? I need to test these out.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern

Nice! Do you know if they’re building the AT54x series yet? Last I heard they couldn’t make any more until end of January.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice! Do you know if they’re building the AT54x series yet? Last I heard they couldn’t make any more until end of January.
I have not heard they had any backorders. But it’s almost February anyway. :D

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Yes, they are still backordered until early/mid February on those models.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I don’t even think he owns any amps.

It’s probably just that some people feel strongly about certain things.

I have my beliefs. And I probably disagree with plenty of people about certain things.

But as I get older, I don’t mind about the little things. :D

This is Bridget Fonda from the movie “Point of No Return”.
This is Bridget Fonda now....

Attachments

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
This is Bridget Fonda now....
Laura1.jpg
Laura2.jpg
Laura2.jpg

Laura Antonelli was an actress and a sex symbol in Italy in the 1970's. She had changed quite a bit before she died at 73 in 2015:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis