ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Does ATI own Theta Digital? So, if they're doing that for the ATP-16, I can only imagine what they're doing with the DataSat line of processors! I hope ATI comes out swinging with these processors.
Yep. ATI - Theta - DataSat.

M

Maddtix

Audiophyte
I thought there was an "ATI Owners Thread", but I couldn't find one.

2019 MSRP and updates.

No date on the ATP-16 availability. But at least we know the price now. :D

Pre-pro Series

ATP-16 (16Ch Audio Procesor, Dolby Atmos, DTSX, Dirac Live) - $9995

Class-AB Series
AT1602 (160 watt x 2Ch) - $1495
AT1605 (160 watt x 5Ch) - $2395
AT1607 (160 watt x 7Ch) - $2995
AT1608 (160 watt x 8Ch) - $3295

AT2202 (220 watt x 2Ch) - $1995
AT2205 (220 watt x 5Ch) - $3195
AT2207 (220 watt x 7Ch) - $3995
AT2208 (220 watt x 8Ch) - $4395

AT3302 (330 watt x 2Ch) - $2995
AT3305 (330 watt x 5Ch) - $4795
AT3307 (330 watt x 7Ch) - $5995
AT3308 (330 watt x 8Ch) - $6595

Class-AB Signature Series
AT4002 (200 watt x 2Ch) - $2995
AT4005 (200 watt x 5Ch) - $4795
AT4007 (200 watt x 7Ch) - $5995

AT6002 (300 watt x 2Ch) - $3995
AT6005 (300 watt x 5Ch) - $6395
AT6007 (300 watt x 7Ch) - $7995

Class AB Multi-Zone Series

AT7012 (70 watt x 12Ch) - $2995
AT7016 (70 watt x 16Ch) - $3595

Class D N-Core Series

AT522NC (200 watt x 2Ch) - $2195
AT525NC (200 watt x 5Ch) - $3395
AT527NC (200 watt x 7Ch) - $4195
AT528NC (200 watt x 8Ch) - $4595

AT542NC (500 watt x 2Ch) - $2995
AT543NC (500 watt x 3Ch) - $3795
You would think that with as many companies ATI owns they would have the funds to make there own preamp. not just use the Datasat LS10.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You would think that with as many companies ATI owns they would have the funds to make there own preamp. not just use the Datasat LS10.
They like power and there's not enough in a preamp! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Don't you think it would be more cost effective for ATI to just design "One" AVP and use that for all their brands, except make some changes like aesthetics and dual differential?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't you think it would be more cost effective for ATI to just design "One" AVP and use that for all their brands, except make some changes like aesthetics and dual differential?
Yeah, like they currently do for the most part?

E

Endeavour32

Enthusiast
Anyone listen to the new AT-3300 series? I was inquiring about a Theta Dreadnaught and was convinced that the new AT-3300 is the best sounding ATI yet. I asked if I was giving anything up from the 6000 line and I was told no the 3300 is better. Has anyone heard anything about these yet? Mine is supposed to ship next week, so maybe I will be one of the first to demo the new line.
I'm just following up on my original post, I now have 200 plus hours on my ATI AT3305. I did an exhaustive A-B comparison of the new ATI AT3305 to my PS Audio 300 mono blocks. I used the stock power cords on both amps, AudioQuest CV-8 speaker cables to my KEF Reference 3s, and WireWorld balanced interconnects. and a WireWorld Platium USB cable from my Roon Nucleus plus to my Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1.

When I first received the ATI I did a quick comparison to the PS Audio BHKs and they sounded very similar. At 50 hours I conducted a more thorough comparison, I was completely disappointed with the ATI. No sound stage and very lifeless. After another 100 hours of music and pink noise, I did another comparison, boy did the ATI change.

For an accurate comparison, I volume match each amp to 85 db using pink noise. I then used that volume level when comparing each song. Out of the first 8 songs I played, there was no discernible difference between the two amps. All songs were hi-res versions from Qobuz. After having basically a dead tie, I played Diana Krall- Look of Love, Fleetwood Mac- Dreams and Norah Jones- Come Away with me. Finally I found three songs that separated the two amps. I preferred the ATI in all cases. I certainly am not going to say it was night and day better because it wasn't. The subtle difference was just a touch more detail in each of Diana's, Stevie's, and Norah's vocals. Each sounded ever so slightly more lifelike with just a touch of added texture.

Had I not volume matched the volume and just used -20 on the volume for both amps, the BHK would have won. At that level it was slightly louder than the ATI and that would have given the impression it sounded better, but when played at the same level, these amps are equals. So when A/Bing amps in a store, don't just flip back and forth between the two amps. That is a worthless way of comparing and you will simply prefer the louder amp in most cases.

Lets not forget the BHK 300s are $16,500 for the pair, and the ATI I believe retails for around $5700 for the AT3305 (330 watts x5). When you look at it that way, there is a night a day difference. When I talked with Craig at Theater Max he said the new ATI would best the BHKs. I seriously doubted him but I bought the ATI for my center and surround speakers so I wasn't planning on it really being better. Guess what ended up happening, I ended up selling my BHKs. The ATI for most music was every bit was good, female vocals the ATI was better and a fraction of the price, and I don't have to deal with replacing tubes. Neither amp gets hot when pushed, so there is no reason either cannot be kept in a cabinet.

Prior to the ATI I had a McIntosh MC-207, and while it is the sexiest looking amp I've had, the BHK had a better soundstage, deeper bass, and slightly better resolution at the top. So while I didn't directly compare the ATI to the McIntosh, I can comfortably say the the ATI is a step up from the Mac. If you are looking for a solid multi-channel amplifier I highly recommend the ATI 3300 series.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Break-in of SS amplifiers with night-and-day differences, and members actually like this post? :rolleyes:

E

Endeavour32

Enthusiast
Break-in of SS amplifiers with night-and-day differences, and members actually like this post? :rolleyes:
Who said night and day? Might want to reread that! ;) There is absolutely a break in cycle, and there will be changes while an amp breaks in for the first few hundred hours. Do you believe that speakers need to break in? My Kefs needed at least 300 hours of playing before they fully opened up.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Who said night and day? Might want to reread that! ;) There is absolutely a break in cycle, and there will be changes while an amp breaks in for the first few hundred hours. Do you believe that speakers need to break in? My Kefs needed at least 300 hours of playing before they fully opened up.
I got hooked up on the "When you look at it that way, there is a night a day difference." at the end of your post, but you have various claims you attribute to break-in of the amplifiers you tested. That is dubious, to put it mildly, but you may have experienced it so but not because of any break-in of the amplifiers unless they are broken.

I'm still flabbergasted by the likes to your post from members that should know better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I like the part where he basically said the ATI is at least as good as McIntosh and other more expensive amps. :D

Last edited:
E

Endeavour32

Enthusiast
I got hooked up on the "When you look at it that way, there is a night a day difference." at the end of your post, but you have various claims you attribute to break-in of the amplifiers you tested. That is dubious, to put it mildly, but you may have experienced it so but not because of any break-in of the amplifiers unless they are broken.
Good god can you read. It is night and day because you have one amp with 5 channels for $5700ish, and other that is $16,500. Mono blocks should out perform a muliti-channel amp. Both amps sound nearly identical, so yes, too me $16,500 vs $5,700 is a night and day difference. Is there a night and day difference in sound quality, nope not at all, just as I stated in my review. Like I stated there are very slight differences and to accurately state that, I listened to the song noted the time on the track were I believed to hear a difference and sometimes played the song in that range up to 4 times to make sure I was really hearing what I thought I was hearing. As to the break in, at 50 hours the ATI did not have the speakers disappear in the room. The BHK the speakers disappeared into the room. It was easy to hear when comparing back to back. At the 200 hour mark the ATI had the exact same soundstage as the. BHK. On a well record song, the music came from in-between the speakers, not FROM the speakers. Either way you seem to be an expert, so carry on. I've said what I have to say.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Good god can you read. It is night and day because you have one amp with 5 channels for $5700ish, and other that is $16,500. Mono blocks should out perform a muliti-channel amp. Both amps sound nearly identical, so yes, too me $16,500 vs $5,700 is a night and day difference. Is there a night and day difference in sound quality, nope not at all, just as I stated in my review. Like I stated there are very slight differences and to accurately state that, I listened to the song noted the time on the track were I believed to hear a difference and sometimes played the song in that range up to 4 times to make sure I was really hearing what I thought I was hearing. As to the break in, at 50 hours the ATI did not have the speakers disappear in the room. The BHK the speakers disappeared into the room. It was easy to hear when comparing back to back. At the 200 hour mark the ATI had the exact same soundstage as the. BHK. On a well record song, the music came from in-between the speakers, not FROM the speakers. Either way you seem to be an expert, so carry on. I've said what I have to say.
Whatever differences you “heard” is not because of amplifier break-in, unless they are defective. You are just fooling yourself to believe so.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Hmmm...
I made a few changes in my system...
  • I connected my $1200 AC line cord from Cardus
  • Changed over my fuses to Synergistic Research Purples
Now my system is far more open and transparent... o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Just my $0.02... ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Amplifiers never break-in. That's what you read about or heard on youtube. That's complete bullshit!

Some woofers break-in but not all as their suspension loosens after hours of operation. But the difference in performance is trivial and not worth much interest.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dude I swear people need to chill. He never said it was night and day. He also said after level matching each amp he thought he heard subtle improvements with 3 songs even he said those improvements were slight

What he said was night and day was the fact that an amp that cost a fraction of what he paid for the more expensive amps sounded just as good maybe to him slightly better

And that's why I liked his post that part was informative to me. Well just revalidated what I've learned most amps well designed within there limits will sound as good as other amps. Good to hear saves us money

I swear to God all the audio police just suck the joy out of this hobby sometimes. Don't worry @Endeavour32 this is a good place not everyone here is going to just pounce all over a sentence or 2 that you say and drag you through the coals with it

A lot of the members here holy sh$t even like to have fun! I promise! :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And as for the busting your balls over break in probably what was breaking was your ears listening to something new and your mind getting used to having something new and coming off thar buyers high of a new toy or as you said level matching them sp one isn't louder then the other

But whether it was or wasn't who gives a sh$t break it in all you want I'm glad your having fun with your new toy :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dude I swear people need to chill. He never said it was night and day. He also said after level matching each amp he thought he heard subtle improvements with 3 songs even he said those improvements were slight

What he said was night and day was the fact that an amp that cost a fraction of what he paid for the more expensive amps sounded just as good maybe to him slightly better

And that's why I liked his post that part was informative to me. Well just revalidated what I've learned most amps well designed within there limits will sound as good as other amps. Good to hear saves us money

I swear to God all the audio police just suck the joy out of this hobby sometimes. Don't worry @Endeavour32 this is a good place not everyone here is going to just pounce all over a sentence or 2 that you say and drag you through the coals with it

A lot of the members here holy sh$t even like to have fun! I promise! :D
Uh oh, somebody might not like the fact that I just LIKED 2 of your posts back to back. :D

Not that any of us have to JUSTIFY what we “like”. It doesn’t mean we necessarily agree 100%. It just means there is at least something in the post that we like.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh oh, somebody might not like the fact that I just LIKED 2 of your posts back to back. :D

Not that any of us have to JUSTIFY what we “like”. It doesn’t mean we necessarily agree 100%. It just means there is at least something in the post that we like.
I know right? They might just call the A.P. on us the Audioholics Police :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis