ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
HA, If that was that case, why come out with new amps and new internal designs? If there are no improvements in sound, just go buy the lowest priced version you can find and call it a day. Most people are not going to replace an amp if it doesn't sound better/different. I'm new to the ATI brand, but with Theta Dreadnaught, the I, II and D all have their own sonic character. With the I, II & III each having subtle improvements over the prior generation. I've not heard the D so no comment on that version.

Like I said earlier, this is my first amp from ATI so I am curious how it will compare to the amp it is replacing for my center and surround speakers, which was a McIntosh MC-207. Prior to the MC I used a Proceed Amp-5, which I found far more transparent than the McIntosh. I have a feeling the ATI is going to be far closer to the Proceed in sound. The ATI 3305 shipped yesterday, and I will have it Tuesday, which is great, as I can let it burn in over Thanksgiving.
I am sure you will love the sound of the AT3305.

I am just saying it's gonna be tough judging which ATI-made amp sounds the best when all of them sound great.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think I'm going to do 16-Bryston Mono 28b3 amps. I think every speaker and sub needs a mono amp. Plus, I will have Brystons 20 year warranty! can't beat that!
And after you do that, I’ll start a Bryston Owner’s Thread just for you. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
And after you do that, I’ll start a Bryston Owner’s Thread just for you. :D
Haha definitely! I will need a dedicated room with proper ventilation and cooling for all 16 amps. I'm down, now just need to get the wife on board........ :D

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone know how well the AT6003 goes with Monitor Audio speakers? I have the silver line and I’m debating between the ATI and Parasound A31 but I’ve heard the Parasound runs hot. Also plan on adding the AT527nc later for the surrounds.
Thanks for the help.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Does anyone know how well the AT6003 goes with Monitor Audio speakers? I have the silver line and I’m debating between the ATI and Parasound A31 but I’ve heard the Parasound runs hot. Also plan on adding the AT527nc later for the surrounds.
Thanks for the help.
I like ATI... I don't own them, but like them.
That Amp should power Monitor Audio Silvers just fine, even the big boy 500s.

I do not subscribe to the idea of synergy between amp and speaker or amp and pre-pro.

I do think ATI will deliver more-than-adequate clean power for your Speakers to perform to their potential.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the help.
The ATI AT6000 series will do a great job powering any speaker.

Both Irv and I have used the ATI 60 WPC amps to power the Salon2 just fine. :D

I’ve also used the ATI 60 WPC amps to power my RBH SX-1010N subwoofers, which require more power than the Salon2.

Currently I have one ATI AT2005 amp (200x5) powering all 10 subwoofers in my 26x22x14 HT room.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I can just see Andrew in his HT room now, likea Mad Scientist, with cable's all over the place, gear here, gear over there! Speaker's all over the place!! Wire's attached to his fingers! Even a virtual visor over his eyes! Laptops opened up graphs all over the screen. Lights flickering off and on all over the rest of his house. :D Wassup! Broski cheese slice! ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can just see Andrew in his HT room now, likea Mad Scientist, with cable's all over the place, gear here, gear over there! Speaker's all over the place!! Wire's attached to his fingers! Even a virtual visor over his eyes! Laptops opened up graphs all over the screen. Lights flickering off and on all over the rest of his house. :D Wassup! Broski cheese slice! ;)
My HT room, like my entire house is actually very NEAT and CLEAN. :D

You know I'm working at the hospital this weekend. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
My HT room, like my entire house is actually very NEAT and CLEAN. :D

You know I'm working at the hospital this weekend. :D
Yeah bro I know, just jacking around. But when you posted up one 5 channel amp 10 Subs. Give me the idea of you being a mad scientist. :D

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
I like ATI... I don't own them, but like them.
That Amp should power Monitor Audio Silvers just fine, even the big boy 500s.

I do not subscribe to the idea of synergy between amp and speaker or amp and pre-pro.

I do think ATI will deliver more-than-adequate clean power for your Speakers to perform to their potential.
Thanks. I was running the mains through my Denon AVR and I’ve read in some other threads that some even question the need for separate amps. Though 2 weeks ago I dug out my 15+ year old Odyssey 3 channel that I stopped using because of a ground hum.
Just using the old Odyssey was a big improvement over the Denon. Unfortunately it’s getting old, puts out a lot of heat and doesn’t have an auto turn on.
I think the ATI is the better option and it’s going to fit better into future plans. Just have to wait until shipping/supplies get back to normal.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. I was running the mains through my Denon AVR and I’ve read in some other threads that some even question the need for separate amps. Though 2 weeks ago I dug out my 15+ year old Odyssey 3 channel that I stopped using because of a ground hum.
Just using the old Odyssey was a big improvement over the Denon. Unfortunately it’s getting old, puts out a lot of heat and doesn’t have an auto turn on.
I do think the ATI is the better option and it’s going to fit better into future plans. Just have to wait until shipping/supplies get back to normal.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
The ATI AT6000 series will do a great job powering any speaker.

Both Irv and I have used the ATI 60 WPC amps to power the Salon2 just fine. :D

I’ve also used the ATI 60 WPC amps to power my RBH SX-1010N subwoofers, which require more power than the Salon2.

Currently I have one ATI AT2005 amp (200x5) powering all 10 subwoofers in my 26x22x14 HT room.
Thanks! And I’m thinking I’ll just stick with 2 subs

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
Has anyone compared the qualities of the AT6003 versus the AT543NC? Or the Signature series v the ATI Class D?
I don’t have any experience with class D amps but I’ve heard they’ve come a long way and I’ve been reading a lot of great things about ATI class D’s. It would be nice not to have the heat issue though there’s a lot of posts saying the AT6003 doesn’t run that hot.
It looks like they’re within a couple hundred of each other.

Thanks

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Has anyone compared the qualities of the AT6003 versus the AT543NC? Or the Signature series v the ATI Class D?
I don’t have any experience with class D amps but I’ve heard they’ve come a long way and I’ve been reading a lot of great things about ATI class D’s. It would be nice not to have the heat issue though there’s a lot of posts saying the AT6003 doesn’t run that hot.
It looks like they’re within a couple hundred of each other.

Thanks
Quite honestly, I would bypass the ATI Amps completely and go straight for the Hypex or Purifi Amps. Even the straight Hypex Amps as available through Buckeye or VTV rate very highly in almost every metric that is valued. Some of the other companies (Nord, Apollon, etc.) use the Amp modules and SMPS still, but include a custom input buffer stage: these still measure amazingly well but cost more for the extra circuitry. I am uncertain if their is a "sound quality" associated with this added circuitry, however, the standard Class D versions from either company are known to be very clean and transparent.
The difference you get with ATI's implementation of the Hypex Modules is that they are using a linear power supply. Their Class D Amps are significantly heavier than the SMPS versions using the same modules.
Does the linear power supply in the ATI change anything? ;) I can't tell you that. :)

There is this review and associated thread you can explore:

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
Quite honestly, I would bypass the ATI Amps completely and go straight for the Hypex or Purifi Amps. Even the straight Hypex Amps as available through Buckeye or VTV rate very highly in almost every metric that is valued. Some of the other companies (Nord, Apollon, etc.) use the Amp modules and SMPS still, but include a custom input buffer stage: these still measure amazingly well but cost more for the extra circuitry. I am uncertain if their is a "sound quality" associated with this added circuitry, however, the standard Class D versions from either company are known to be very clean and transparent.
The difference you get with ATI's implementation of the Hypex Modules is that they are using a linear power supply. Their Class D Amps are significantly heavier than the SMPS versions using the same modules.
Does the linear power supply in the ATI change anything? ;) I can't tell you that. :)

There is this review and associated thread you can explore:
Thanks for the info and the link. It is interesting and helpful. I’ve never had class d amps but it is really tempting. I don’t change my gear a lot so I tend to over analyze

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the info and the link. It is interesting and helpful. I’ve never had class d amps but it is really tempting. I don’t change my gear a lot so I tend to over analyze
I have yet to finish building the Amps, but I am sitting on 5 mono blocks worth of NC400 and SMPS600N400s. These are meant to replace my Outlaw Monoblocks on my main channels.
Everything I have heard about the newer Class-Ds (Hypex, Purifi and Pascale) is excellent.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have yet to finish building the Amps, but I am sitting on 5 mono blocks worth of NC400 and SMPS600N400s. These are meant to replace my Outlaw Monoblocks on my main channels.
Everything I have heard about the newer Class-Ds (Hypex, Purifi and Pascale) is excellent.
My NC502MP is fantastic, light, small, and transparent. Your NC400 should be even more transparent, on paper anyway. Build it soon and enjoy!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My NC502MP is fantastic, light, small, and transparent. Your NC400 should be even more transparent, on paper anyway. Build it soon and enjoy!
Yes… leaning toward ordering the Ghent chassis for 2-channel and 3-channel monoblock builds. I currently just don’t have the time to try fabricating my own riser panels. (I know I can, ability wise, but spending a few days at the local Maker Space will be challenging with current work load, and a fabrication shop will charge what Ghent will cost me plus buying the remaining components from DIY Audio Store.) ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis