ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
He got so many of them. Sell say no less the 800 tickets, But No one can by no more than 2 tickets. But than Andrew could go, hey guy's we have a winner! My wife won!! Lolo

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
He got so many of them. Sell say no less the 800 tickets, But No one can by no more than 2 tickets. But than Andrew could go, hey guy's we have a winner! My wife won!! Lolo
A few years ago I had five ATI amps. But I have just ONE ATI amp now. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
10 subs with each 2 subs wired in Series = 5 Ch amps. :D
You mad scientist you! ;) So your not in the camp of having a 1000 Watts for each sub. Some of those class D amps can reach dynamic peaks of ungodly amounts of power. I'm sure some of those SVS fan Boyz gonna say you need 10 thousand peak watts or your Subs won't go low enough. Question, so each channel See's 16 Ohm's on each channel? As opposed to parallel wiring?

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You mad scientist you! ;) So your not in the camp of having a 1000 Watts for each sub. Some of those class D amps can reach dynamic peaks of ungodly amounts of power. I'm sure some of those SVS fan Boyz gonna say you need 10 thousand peak watts or your Subs won't go low enough. Question, so each channel See's 16 Ohm's on each channel? As opposed to parallel wiring?
See, now you know why I was curious. ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
See, now you know why I was curious. ;)
Same here when I first read how he had it setup. So wiring two Subs in series, on each channel, see's 16 Ohm's at each rail? So power out put at each rail stays the same? Not like say if wired in parallel, where the load would drop to say 4 Ohm's and Dampening Factor will be cut in half? Wonder if his amp has one or two power supply's in it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have been suggesting class D amps based on the excellent reviews with measurements of some of them. I now have one each of the Hypex based Buckeye amp and the Purifi based VTV amp. Should I start a thread on them now so all can talk about their (class d amps) pros, cons and whatever, in one thread?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have been suggesting class D amps based on the excellent reviews with measurements of some of them. I now have one each of the Hypex based Buckeye amp and the Purifi based VTV amp. Should I start a thread on them now so all can talk about their (class d amps) pros, cons and whatever, in one thread?
Yeah you should. Those Buckeye amps are tempting...if I needed an amp. Ha. Need an amp. :)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@PENG there you are! Yes I feel a thread should be started on class D amps. Also if you look at my post, asking about what a amp class A/B amp that is, what load does the amp see so to speak when wired in series as opposed to parallel. Just asking to get my learn on is all.

E

Endeavour32

Enthusiast
I seriously doubt that one ATI amp sounds better than another ATI amp. All ATI amps are great.
HA, If that was that case, why come out with new amps and new internal designs? If there are no improvements in sound, just go buy the lowest priced version you can find and call it a day. Most people are not going to replace an amp if it doesn't sound better/different. I'm new to the ATI brand, but with Theta Dreadnaught, the I, II and D all have their own sonic character. With the I, II & III each having subtle improvements over the prior generation. I've not heard the D so no comment on that version.

Like I said earlier, this is my first amp from ATI so I am curious how it will compare to the amp it is replacing for my center and surround speakers, which was a McIntosh MC-207. Prior to the MC I used a Proceed Amp-5, which I found far more transparent than the McIntosh. I have a feeling the ATI is going to be far closer to the Proceed in sound. The ATI 3305 shipped yesterday, and I will have it Tuesday, which is great, as I can let it burn in over Thanksgiving.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
HA, If that was that case, why come out with new amps and new internal designs? If there are no improvements in sound, just go buy the lowest priced version you can find and call it a day. Most people are not going to replace an amp if it doesn't sound better/different. I'm new to the ATI brand, but with Theta Dreadnaught, the I, II and D all have their own sonic character. With the I, II & III each having subtle improvements over the prior generation. I've not heard the D so no comment on that version.

Like I said earlier, this is my first amp from ATI so I am curious how it will compare to the amp it is replacing for my center and surround speakers, which was a McIntosh MC-207. Prior to the MC I used a Proceed Amp-5, which I found far more transparent than the McIntosh. I have a feeling the ATI is going to be far closer to the Proceed in sound. The ATI 3305 shipped yesterday, and I will have it Tuesday, which is great, as I can let it burn in over Thanksgiving.
Of course nothing sound's better than, :D
16373344292098558709186556519011.jpg

E

Endeavour32

Enthusiast
Of course nothing sound's better than, :D
View attachment 51624
:D Especially if you want to heat your room! Not many Amps can heat a room like a Krell or PASS amp. I listened to the XA-160 prior to buying my PS Audio BHK 300's. While I liked the PASS, I didn't want to have an amp that would require me to add additional duct work for the AC to keep the room cool. X350.8 is a nice amp though.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
:D Especially if you want to heat your room! Not many Amps can heat a room like a Krell or PASS amp. I listened to the XA-160 prior to buying my PS Audio BHK 300's. While I liked the PASS, I didn't want to have an amp that would require me to add additional duct work for the AC to keep the room cool. X350.8 is a nice amp though.
I was messing around bro. Lol, yeah totally agree, plus the cost! Let's see buy a car or Pass amp. But than there are lots of people where money isn't a issue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis