As of today, Cannabis is legal in Canada

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I made the point in your post bold about why people use pot and in the media, NOBODY says anything about this- the people who are so adamant about legalization talk about pain killing ability (I NEVER noticed this),ability to concentrate (oh, yeah- people can definitely concentrate on something when they're stoned, to the exclusion of everything else) and "it helps them cope". Some can take the edge off, but at some point, will they lose the ability to moderate their use? Booze and drugs are insidious and a person't tolerance can build to the point where they need to smoke/ingest more. Booze is different- if the liver is damaged, the alcohol affects them sooner.
They do make strains that aren't so strong, but do have the medical benefits. If people are smoking strong stuff, as you said, it's to get stoned. They will still get benefits, but will also be impaired.

The concentration aspect is for the ADD folks out there. It calms their brain so they aren't so scatterbrained. I'd rather be stoned that ever take adderall again. Tried that once in college to study and it made me crazy. No thanks on legal meth.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have to assume that means you were in some sort of pain and THC didn't make it better?

We say 'relaxed'.

We say 'enlightened'.

:D:D:D
I never did. I was all about getting stoned. Ah...memories. Or lack of. I guess. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have to assume that means you were in some sort of pain and THC didn't make it better?

We say 'relaxed'.

We say 'enlightened'.

:D:D:D
No, nobody ever claimed that it was good for reliving pain, so nobody paid attention. There's only one way I'm likely to find out and I don't really want to.

Mellow!

Ooh! Pizza!

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Speed, coke and steroids could change that.

Oh sure, I know people whose lives have changed from them!

So here's the scoop with aquatic therapy. The therapist is the most important part until you develop a routine. It just takes too much time to figure stuff out on your own. The pool I use is salt water and ~95 degrees. A regular heated pool is ~85 degrees and requires 'warm up' exercises to stretch out.

Stop stretching at the onset of the 'stretch' sensation and work the stretch in those parameters, increasing the minimum range of comfortable motion. It's kind of a different approach to PT, I guess. I mean it all works so long as you do the work but taking care to not hurt yourself during recovery only helps the recovery.

Now the good part: drugs. Use the appropriate level of pain killers to get you through the PT whether, it be pot or pills. My guess is you need pills. I'm down to pot and the regular Asprin/Tylenol/NSAIDs now but right after a knee replacement about a year ago, opiates were required.

My PT people this time around were both top notch. The first two surgeries were arthroscopic and those PT people were good too, just not as good as the team I stumbled on after the third surgery (full knee joint replacement). Don't post any more pic's on my behalf. PM that sh!t straight to GO-NAD! but my leg was black, way blacker than yours and the knee was twice the size. To make matters worse, I'm a huge pussy.

... and I had to ditch Face Book because I was spending time on that when I could have been doing PT.
Well, there's a problem with the pills. I have an amazing tolerance of them, almost where they do little but make me a little happy. I'm totally immune to intravenous Morphine, as I found out after my knee surgery, and NSAID's nearly killed my kidneys after taking them for a bad shoulder for a long time. Right now, I take no painkillers 99% of the time, once in a great while, I will take a pretty much useless Ibuprofen.

But I am going to check into the water therapy. I don't know if my insurance will cover any more PT. At least I have little chance of being injured in the pool, especially if it's salt water. I've been injured twice and made worse another time out of 4 total PT regimes and the 4th was IMHO, worthless, so, you might say I'm kind of spooked about going at all.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been injured twice and made worse another time out of 4 total PT regimes
Man, that blows. I rejoined my old gym that has a 60' long pool. The Rehab place with Feng Shui Steve (FSS) looking after the salt water pool is $15/visit. I was telling a friend that at this point, I know what to do in a pool because of all the PT with FSS. Prior to that I was trying to be a better swimmer! Like I care about swimming! Good luck finding someone you click with for the PT.

I've got some down time and even though I would rather be speakering, I'm going to ... oh, I hate to say it ... exercise! And the speaker project I'm not tending to has been an ongoing, in my face thing for over a year! And I'm still going to pass it by to go do a bunch of stuff I hate ... why me? :D

EDIT: 1.5 hours later ... still here in my underwear.

Last edited:
P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Anyone hear about Ohio and the hemp law accidentally 'legalizing' marijuana?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I dont understand all the sensationalism around Canada legalizing pot. Its not like we're the first country to do it. My only concern is that law enforcement has equipment accurate enough to identify those under the influence and not relying on personal observation as we know how well sight bias works.

I also fail to understand why the US Feds are still so uptight about pot. I find it ironic that the US was founded on personal freedoms would maintain such a stigmatic view towards pot. Its like they really never got over prohibition.

highfigh

highfigh

I dont understand all the sensationalism around Canada legalizing pot. Its not like we're the first country to do it. My only concern is that law enforcement has equipment accurate enough to identify those under the influence and not relying on personal observation as we know how well sight bias works.

I also fail to understand why the US Feds are still so uptight about pot. I find it ironic that the US was founded on personal freedoms would maintain such a stigmatic view towards pot. Its like they really never got over prohibition.
Google is your friend- look into who wanted to make it illegal (Harry Anslinger, among others) and why (opinions vary, but this link includes comments about Hemp being a threat to product & material development by DuPont and other corporations that could have been made from Hemp just as well/easily).

https://www.countable.us/articles/849-date-fdr-made-marijuana-illegal-81-years-ago

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Google is your friend- look into who wanted to make it illegal (Harry Anslinger, among others) and why (opinions vary, but this link includes comments about Hemp being a threat to product & material development by DuPont and other corporations that could have been made from Hemp just as well/easily).

https://www.countable.us/articles/849-date-fdr-made-marijuana-illegal-81-years-ago
Nice work by Anslinger using fear mongering to justify his means. I wonder when the Feds are going to relent as more and more states legalize cannibus. That must make travelling through various states quite interesting.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice work by Anslinger using fear mongering to justify his means. I wonder when the Feds are going to relent as more and more states legalize cannibus. That must make travelling through various states quite interesting.
If you Google "William Randolph Hearst Cannabis" you can read about his part in it as well. He owned newspapers and the paper mills that supplied the printing material. Hemp was a serious threat to his paper industry, but lucky for him he owned all the major newspapers in the country. He would print false stories and facts demonizing cannabis and did a lot of lobbying to criminalize it.

Hearst had always supported any kind of prohibition, and now he wanted cannabis included in every anti-narcotics bill. Never mind that cannabis wasn't a narcotic. Facts weren't important. The important thing was to have it completely removed from society, doctors, and industry.

Around 1920 or so, a new word arose - "Marihuana". Through screaming headlines and horror stories,"marihuana" was blamed for murderous rampages by blacks and mexicans. Hearst continued to use his power of the press to impress on his readers the dangers of the "marihuana" plant. Click

The whole reason it was made illegal has nothing to do with it being dangerous, so much as it was a threat to an existing industry. Now people are in jail for simply possessing it. A nonviolent crime that harms no one. It makes me so angry when I think about it. The "freest country on the planet" also has the highest percentage of its population imprisoned. Families torn apart and lives ruined, a lot of it for complete nonsense.

highfigh

highfigh

Personally, I don't care if it's approved for personal use but I definitely think it should be legalized for medical use. I know people can be too wasted to drive safely or operate equipment that could be dangerous but any medical benefits should be explored. The ability to moderate seizures is a big one- I don't remember anyone saying "Oh, wow- my pain is gone, now that I'm stoned!" but apparently, it helps. Maybe it's the new strains that make this possible.

The Feds won't do anything until Congress realizes their jobs are on the line if they don't change their thinking.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Vape products got banned in Mass about a week ago.

2200 alcohol poisoning deaths per year are no f^%&ing problem though.

... and they sell beer at gas stations.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai

Prohibition (of alcohol) was attempted from 1920 to 1933. Look back on all the corruption and violence that generated. Same for the 'war on drugs'. Since booze became legal again, it's taken 65+ years to get to where abuse of it and driving with is finally starting to be socially unacceptable and we've a long way to go.

Let's not ban these things, let us concentrate on education and help for those who can't control how it affects them.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

"It's for the children" and these deaths were unexpected.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Hey! Booze doesn't kill people, people...ummm...kill people?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Prohibition (of alcohol) was attempted from 1920 to 1933. Look back on all the corruption and violence that generated. Same for the 'war on drugs'. Since booze became legal again, it's taken 65+ years to get to where abuse of it and driving with is finally starting to be socially unacceptable and we've a long way to go.

Let's not ban these things, let us concentrate on education and help for those who can control how it affects them.
This is the biggest problem with our country. The logic goes "it's bad for you, we must ban it" instead of "it's bad for you, maybe don't use so much?"

Hell, over the counter pain killers are absolutely terrible for people, but they don't think about that since they can just go buy it without any scrutiny.

One thing about the vape things, those can be very bad for you too because of the lack of regulation around them. Who the hell knows what chemicals they put in those? Some of the THC vape stuff is killing people because of shady ingredients. I'll take the actual plant any day over that stuff.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis