as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But the most important thing I love about ya? You know what the word Grok means!

You scored about 500 million bazillion quajillion coolpoints squared to the root of awesomeness when you pulled that word out of your hat! :)
I didn't get a chance to reply earlier, but I'm a big Clockwork Orange fan. When I read that novel in High School, it was serious overload for me at the time. But that story, and the way Anthony Burgess wrote it, incorporating this "slang" in to it, was simply beautiful (in a horrorshow manner of speaking, that is).

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Fed up with the media calling it a protest. It's rioting, plain and simple. Time to send in the Marines and the 82nd Airborne and start kicking some ass.
If protesters/rioters are gonna act like animals, then they should be treated as such.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But the most important thing I love about ya? You know what the word Grok means!

You scored about 500 million bazillion quajillion coolpoints squared to the root of awesomeness when you pulled that word out of your hat! :)
Been a user of grok for the last 45 years or so.... :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If protesters/rioters are gonna act like animals, then they should be treated as such.
How about the people who do the mistreatment of humans via racism and prejudice and their leaders to start with? They're animals, too. Wipe'em out!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Been a user of grok for the last 45 years or so.... :)
Lovin I just knew there was a reason we hit it off so well

It's starting to become so clear

.......it all makes sense now

Well that and the fact we love our JBL's too

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How about the people who do the mistreatment of humans via racism and prejudice and their leaders to start with? They're animals, too. Wipe'em out!
Here's a game:

Which animals are dangerous and pose a threat to civil order?

1590970026503.png

1590970357015.png

1590970115116.png

1590970429214.png

1590970594290.png

1590970770445.png

1590970224855.png

1590970475664.png

1590970275292.png

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
LOL!
Point taken! I am, obviously, historically deficient!
Looked them up:
Austrailia - their campaign started in 1901 and got independence in 1986! That wouldn't work here - our attention span could not support that.
New Zealand rode Austrailia's coat tails to freedom!
As for Canada, we took the "piss and vinegar" out of British Colonialism so you could have a better go of it - Your Welcome! :D :p

...Just having fun with it!
Seriously, thanks for the info, I was unaware! I do believe the US rebellion probably made the Brits rethink how to maintain colonies, but that doesn't mean patience would not have won out in the long run for the US!
The Revolution also showed the people of France that they could have one of their own and it wasn't long after that they got rid of their monarchs. Granted, they got Napoleon in the deal, but they got rid of him, too.

highfigh

highfigh

I just got a text from the GF. She is on her bicycle riding along side and chatting with the protesters!
Apparently they decided the best tack was to be accessible and non-threatening - bicycle cops.
She said it was a peaceful group, so hopefully they have avoided things getting violent.

Just to be real, I should say that this is a fairly "wholesome" region of the Atlanta Metro area. The fact that this area is even protesting says a lot!
Daytime protesters aren't the same as the rioters at night. Sure, there's probably some overlap, but they aren't violent during the day in many places.

highfigh

highfigh

Seems to me this video discussed in these various stories is quite telling https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=white+man+breaking+windows+in+minneapolis&atb=v136-1&ia=web

Someone wants things to burn, and it's probably someone involved with radical right wing politics. Keep the fear factor up, especially in an election year....
Yeah, radical right wingers are marching with left wingers and tearing up cities. Right. There are more Whites marching and rioting than I have ever seen but I have NEVER seen anyone dissect their political leanings. Do you have some source for this (other than the article about the wackjob with the umprella), or are you just being a social media 'expert'?

Nobody wants the violence and looting. If they do, they need to go away. After two months of losing money, businesses can't afford to lose everything and if you think their insurance will cover it, you need to read your renter or homeowner's insurance exclusions- civil unrest is specifically listed as a reason they won't pay for damage.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
One of the best stories unfolded last night in Philly during the evening news. The mayor assembled a panel of speakers one of which was a local leader in the Latino community who during her talk and plea for social stability wondered how many of these rioting and looting thugs who came out to cause all the damage would come this Tuesday and vote in our States primary, yeah right ........

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
@Mikado463 Why don't you just watch the first 4 or 5 minutes or so, and make a new post based on this instead of marking them as "animals"? While you do that please comment about white angry people with assault rifles entering a state legislature trying to force some change at gun point.
Those white angry men were actually a mix of many races who support the second amendment. The act of open carrying is legal in the state they did it, and it was an extremely peaceful protest. In fact you could argue it was the safest place to be that day.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Nobody wants the violence and looting. If they do, they need to go away. After two months of losing money, businesses can't afford to lose everything and if you think their insurance will cover it, you need to read your renter or homeowner's insurance exclusions- civil unrest is specifically listed as a reason they won't pay for damage.
True! This is a terrible thing.

As one journalist put it; "Lucy can only yank the football away so many times before Charlie Brown punches her in the face!"

The black community has trusted our legal system to address the culture that allows systemic murder of (primarily) black men and after so many times of that trust being violated, they need to do something more to get appropriate attention on the core problem. This is not a rogue "bad cop", it is statistically a pattern reflecting a behavioral norm among certain police departments!

Even now, how are the three officers that were present not under arrest? They may get off (I understand one of them was primarily focused on the crowd and perhaps not aware of what was being done to Floyd), but they should be under arrest until then. That is what we would expect in the same situation if they were not cops!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
True! This is a terrible thing.

As one journalist put it; "Lucy can only yank the football away so many times before Charlie Brown punches her in the face!"

The black community has trusted our legal system to address the culture that allows systemic murder of (primarily) black men and after so many times of that trust being violated, they need to do something more to get appropriate attention on the core problem. This is not a rogue "bad cop", it is statistically a pattern reflecting a behavioral norm among certain police departments!

Even now, how are the three officers that were present not under arrest? They may get off (I understand one of them was primarily focused on the crowd and perhaps not aware of what was being done to Floyd), but they should be under arrest until then. That is what we would expect in the same situation if they were not cops!
agreed and what does that tell you about the City of Minneapolis and it's 'management' .........losers !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
There have been several articles I've seen already discussing the trend of instigators and agitators working against the goal of otherwise peaceful protests.
One out of Denver was on AppleNews, but I could not find it again, however, there was this later in the day:

There is a lot at play right now, and the embers are being stoked, hard.

If the US Military is put into play, as Drumpf seemingly wants to do, America as we know it dies, I fear. Using the Military against it's own citizenry would be the ultimate step in tipping our country into an Authoritarian Regime and destroying our Democratic Republic.

Considering how many times he has alluded to and outright praised Dictators and Military Strongmen, it is not a far reach of the imagination to expect anything less from him.
Using our Military against the animals that are attempting to destroy makes complete sense, when local police are outnumbered. As for destroying Democracy, BS, lawlessness as seen of late is far more disturbing. This is way beyond Kent State, not to mention Mr Floyd.

As for your last paragraph , yeah , your imagination has kicked into high gear .....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
agreed and what does that tell you about the City of Minneapolis and it's 'management' .........losers !
You are missing the point!
If this were a City of Minneapolis issue, there would not be worldwide protests. The whole world recognizes this as a systemic USA problem!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Using our Military against the animals that are attempting to destroy makes complete sense, when local police are outnumbered.
Stop right there. What you advocate is prohibited by Federal Law. Read about the Posse Comitatus Act. You don't seem to be the only one ignorant of this law.

"The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981.​
The act specifically applies only to the United States Army and, as amended in 1956, the United States Air Force. Although the act does not explicitly mention the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps, the Department of the Navy has prescribed regulations that are generally construed to give the act force with respect to those services as well. The act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard (under the Department of Homeland Security) and United States Space Force (under the Department of the Air Force) are not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although both are armed services, they also have maritime and space law enforcement missions respectively."​

Also see this:

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Stop right there. What you advocate is prohibited by Federal Law. Read about the Posse Comitatus Act. You don't seem to be the only one ignorant of this law.

"The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981.​
The act specifically applies only to the United States Army and, as amended in 1956, the United States Air Force. Although the act does not explicitly mention the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps, the Department of the Navy has prescribed regulations that are generally construed to give the act force with respect to those services as well. The act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard (under the Department of Homeland Security) and United States Space Force (under the Department of the Air Force) are not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although both are armed services, they also have maritime and space law enforcement missions respectively."​

Also see this:
Stop right there ...... well, actually go ahead and read the second paragraph........

Sorry for not being specific enough......'States National Guard'

For the record my advocation is pretty straight forward, these looters, rioters, city burners, call them what you want are nothing but low life scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis