as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This problem will not go away overnight and this is something that has to be handled internally by police departments throughout the country. Like you said having sensitivity training and whatnot does nothing but fuel resentment within police departments.

At some point though you need to get rid of these guys and stop being so self-defensive and taking it personally. If you’re a good honest cop, you have to hold your fellow offices to the same standard and stop making excuses for this abberant behaviour.
The problem I have with this only being handled internally is that the complaints against Chauvin were handled this way and he was allowed to stay in the department.

Ever watch Cops, PD Live or any of the other cop shows? If the incidents aren't staged, I think the side who say they're afraid to be killed by the police need to realize that fighting with the cops isn't going to result in good things. Milwaukee has lost officers in several ambushes and that's not a good way to foster cooperation between the Police and the Black community. Another problem here is in the 'Snitches get stitches' attitude that prevents the Police doing their job when crimes are committed. This lack of information is the reason fewer than half of all murders here are solved. Then, when someone is killed, the grief-stricken cry and wail, asking "Where were the police, to stop this?".

I think the stress of the job is taking a toll that is festering and isn't being dealt with in a constructive way. They suffer from PTSD, just like someone who was in a war zone- I saw a news video from last night of a guy waving a Glock with an extended (30 round) magazine through the sun roof of an SUV, with gunfire in the background. Leaving that at the office is pretty hard to do. A cop was shot Friday night and not far from here, the dirtbags were throwing rocks through the windows of businesses and tossing barricades at Police vehicles. There was a bunch of cars that drove toward the mall close to my house and when they saw the Police, they turned around and drove in the opposite direction, but on the wrong side of the road, at high speed. Yes, I heard gunfire. People from Milwaukee have been raping and pillaging at that mall for decades (literally and figuratively), since the day Sears closed the store in the inner city- I worked in the mall at the time and remember the increase of crime vividly. The crime in outlying areas started after the Milwaukee riots of 1967- before that, we didn't lock our houses or garages because there was no need. Now, that mall has a Police sub-station to handle the crime.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And you are the poster boy of factual information from the radical right :rolleyes:
How am I part of the radical right? I think and know this is a problem for you to accept, but I'm not what you think. I have been the victim of crime by the idiots who think they have a right to someone elses' property. Ever wake up to someone trying to break into your house? I have. Ever lose a car because someone thought it would be OK for them to steal it? How about losing the tools you use for your job? Would you rather be an 11 year old kid who worked their ass off to buy the bike they wanted, only to watch the turd ride away on it? Maybe you would enjoy having your neighbor shot by someone who wanted to rob a gas station.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How am I part of the radical right? I think and know this is a problem for you to accept, but I'm not what you think. I have been the victim of crime by the idiots who think they have a right to someone elses' property. Ever wake up to someone trying to break into your house? I have. Ever lose a car because someone thought it would be OK for them to steal it? How about losing the tools you use for your job? Would you rather be an 11 year old kid who worked their ass off to buy the bike they wanted, only to watch the turd ride away on it? Maybe you would enjoy having your neighbor shot by someone who wanted to rob a gas station.
I'm not the only one that thinks that you are far right that as a poster recently called you a fascist.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Like it or not, if we had peacefully coexisted with the Brits in the 1770's we would likely still be sacrificing our self-worth as human beings to promote the British society's goals. Maybe our independence could have been obtained peacefully over a much longer period of time, but there are no historical examples of that that I know of.
Canada, Australia and New Zealand say "Hi!":D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Canada, Australia and New Zealand say "Hi!":D
LOL!
Point taken! I am, obviously, historically deficient!
Looked them up:
Austrailia - their campaign started in 1901 and got independence in 1986! That wouldn't work here - our attention span could not support that.
New Zealand rode Austrailia's coat tails to freedom!
As for Canada, we took the "piss and vinegar" out of British Colonialism so you could have a better go of it - Your Welcome! :D :p

...Just having fun with it!
Seriously, thanks for the info, I was unaware! I do believe the US rebellion probably made the Brits rethink how to maintain colonies, but that doesn't mean patience would not have won out in the long run for the US!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, in Kennesaw Ga (where my GF is police Lt and on shift today) there is a protest/march scheduled for 1:00PM today!
Obviously the cops have been talking/thinking about this all morning. There is a lot of anxiety since, in many ways, the police are the target of the protest. Many officers agreed that, as long as there wasn't violence or looting, they would like to join the march and show solidarity with the protesters! Of course, I suspect there are rules about taking any stance while in uniform. It can be tough being a cop when you believe in the principle, but cannot condone the method. At least there won't be anyone on the police side being assholes, but they may well be protesters who are spoiling for a fight!
I hope her team manages to go unscathed - a lot of good people - some I know fairly well!
As contemptible as these protests are (if looting is involved), I think this whole situation is seriously increasing the resolve of officers across the nation not to allow Floyd type events, and that is a positive outcome!
Strangely, this is like how the coach will make the whole team do push-ups for the one guy who showed up late (without a note from the emergency room). Minneapolis Police poop on the floor and cops across the nation are getting their noses rubbed in it. That seems extreme, but if you ask the question "why didn't one of the similar deaths over the past decades create enough change to make this a thing of the past" it is hard to argue that more drastic measures are not required.

That is the big question here - what does it take to prevent this from happening again?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just got a text from the GF. She is on her bicycle riding along side and chatting with the protesters!
Apparently they decided the best tack was to be accessible and non-threatening - bicycle cops.
She said it was a peaceful group, so hopefully they have avoided things getting violent.

Just to be real, I should say that this is a fairly "wholesome" region of the Atlanta Metro area. The fact that this area is even protesting says a lot!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I see a lot of “other” people out vandalizing, but the history and the reporting of the news has and will give the impression that it was “those” people. Look at the faces in the crowds.

It‘s going to be a long summer...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Seems to me this video discussed in these various stories is quite telling https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=white+man+breaking+windows+in+minneapolis&atb=v136-1&ia=web

Someone wants things to burn, and it's probably someone involved with radical right wing politics. Keep the fear factor up, especially in an election year....
There have been several articles I've seen already discussing the trend of instigators and agitators working against the goal of otherwise peaceful protests.
One out of Denver was on AppleNews, but I could not find it again, however, there was this later in the day:

There is a lot at play right now, and the embers are being stoked, hard.

If the US Military is put into play, as Drumpf seemingly wants to do, America as we know it dies, I fear. Using the Military against it's own citizenry would be the ultimate step in tipping our country into an Authoritarian Regime and destroying our Democratic Republic.

Considering how many times he has alluded to and outright praised Dictators and Military Strongmen, it is not a far reach of the imagination to expect anything less from him.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I deleted a few posts in this thread for name-calling. We can make our points without needing to make things personal. Keep it above the belt, guys.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
There have been several articles I've seen already discussing the trend of instigators and agitators working against the goal of otherwise peaceful protests.
One out of Denver was on AppleNews, but I could not find it again, however, there was this later in the day:

There is a lot at play right now, and the embers are being stoked, hard.

If the US Military is put into play, as Drumpf seemingly wants to do, America as we know it dies, I fear. Using the Military against it's own citizenry would be the ultimate step in tipping our country into an Authoritarian Regime and destroying our Democratic Republic.

Considering how many times he has alluded to and outright praised Dictators and Military Strongmen, it is not a far reach of the imagination to expect anything less from him.
That's been on my mind a lot right now if we bring in the military and they actually escalate from there especially God forbid they open fire on people as Trump's dumba@$$ wants to tweet and incite were screwed

I do suspect outside groups are taking advantage of the protests for political and other reasons

But if they start shooting people at these protests if it ever got that far?

You think you see a riot now just wait this will be a warm up. It's not right the damage to property I don't condone it but if it got that bad you could actually see it escalate into homes and neighborhoods. It would be an all out blood bath

Man this country is sitting on a powder keg right now

I wish November were here already like someone said this could be a long long summer

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's been on my mind a lot right now if we bring in the military and they actually escalate from there especially God forbid they open fire on people as Trump's dumba@$$ wants to tweet and incite were screwed

I do suspect outside groups are taking advantage of the protests for political and other reasons

But if they start shooting people at these protests if it ever got that far?

You think you see a riot now just wait this will be a warm up. It's not right the damage to property I don't condone it but if it got that bad you could actually see it escalate into homes and neighborhoods. It would be an all out blood bath

Man this country is sitting on a powder keg right now

I wish November were here already like someone said this could be a long long summer
Don't forget the upcoming election is already being touted as fraudulent and illegitimate by some particular Commander In Tweet.

1590964065335.png

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Don't forget the upcoming election is already being touted as fraudulent and illegitimate by some particular Commander In Tweet.

View attachment 36658
The only thing I can see as fraudulent is if he somehow stays in office pulls off getting re-elected

With covid, the economy tanking, the racial tensions that have been set on fire and that he just makes the stupidest tweets about

Add to the fact that he never has had the most likeable personality he's so polarizing

I just can't see how he gets reelected

But when he announced he was running last term I thought hed never get in in the first place so any friggin thing is possible

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But when he announced he was running last term I thought hed never get in in the first place so any friggin thing is possible
1590965021403.png

Yes, my emotional state has been reduced to pet memes.

See Danzilla, I am not actually an optimist. I am a realist, utilitarian and a humanist. I do practice hope and gratitude whenever possible.

But this conversation...

SMDH

1590965287249.png

I think I know where this is heading.

;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 36659

See Danzilla, I am not actually an optimist. I am a realist, utilitarian and a humanist. I do practice hope and gratitude whenever possible.

But this conversation...

SMDH

View attachment 36660

;)
I don't know buddy all that sounds kinoff optomistical to me!!! Except for the realist part. That's more in line with my pessimisticalism ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 36659

But this conversation...

SMDH

View attachment 36660

;)
But the most important thing I love about ya? You know what the word Grok means!

You scored about 500 million bazillion quajillion coolpoints squared to the root of awesomeness when you pulled that word out of your hat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis