as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Peaceful coexistence is as good as it will get, I would be quite happy if we could achieve that in my lifetime
You'll be waiting on the Grim Reaper at your deathbed. When you do see him and we all will, when that hour of Death comes. Just smile and wave. Resting in peaceful bliss for all eternity in your grave. Don't look at this post as someone just walked all over your grave. Think of this post as whats waiting for You, Me and Every human being alive on this planet today. Enjoy the rest of your life as if it where you last day of life. :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's hard to know where to begin, with all the tangents being thrown out over the last few posts.

But, I'll comment on a couple.

Why aren't we condemning the African slave traders who sold them to Europeans? For one, it's probably too difficult to put faces and names to them now. So, who do you single out? Plus, I'm pretty sure none of those traders claimed any hypocritical allegiance to democratic ideals. I understand that isn't a complete response, but it's better than saying, "but...but...what about those guys?". Two wrongs don't make a right.

Statues. Some people think that by taking down statues of those with very questionable legacies, that we are somehow "erasing" them from history. That is a misrepresentation of their purpose. Statues are generally erected to commemorate and celebrate a person. But, many leave legacies that do not deserve commemoration. I'm sure people will understand why there are no statues erected to remember Hitler. One could respond that, "Andrew Jackson was no Hitler!" Sure, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

There's no chance that Hitler will be erased from history, even without a statue in his memory. He's in the history books and I'm sure Washington and Jackson will remain there also.

A couple of years ago, we had a big brouhaha in Halifax, Nova Scotia, over a statue of Edward Cornwallis. The indigenous people of NS - the Miꞌkmaq - reeeeally have a hate on for Cornwallis. He was the founder of the city and back in the 1930's somebody had a statue erected in his honour in a park downtown. The trouble is, the Miꞌkmaq didn't appreciate the English settling here and staged several raids, killing and kidnapping several colonists and troops. So, in response, he put a bounty on Miꞌkmaq scalps. It was a brief policy and I'm not sure if many were ever collected. Plus, the French were paying the Miꞌkmaq for English scalps...but that doesn't get talked about these days.

In the end, to prevent violence, the city took the statue down. At first, I didn't really agree with it. But, after thinking about it, I figured that if this is of any benefit to reconciliation with the Miꞌkmaq, it's worth it. Cornwallis is still in the history books...

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Where is it going to go? On our current trajectory it's not looking good.

Here's a lecture that outlines where it comes from, how it's metastasized to business and government. The speaker is a liberal academic from England who gained notoriety when she and a couple colleagues in a masterful exhibition of academic trolling submitted Hitler's Mein Kampf with specific alterations, substituting "white cis males" for "jews" for example, which was then accepted for publication in feminist academic journals.

Everyone who previously believed it would never happen here are coming to the realization that yes, it can, and yes, it is in fact taking place right now.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Has anyone gone Vote today? Absentee voting is taking place as we speak I went vote yesterday. Walked in had my Facemask on and this is what was handed to me. I asked did it matter what finger I put this on Clerk of Voters registrars office said no whichever one you're comfortable with.
034DA533-71B8-40AD-A4A8-30BD91575938.jpeg

So now I show with Pride I went and voted yesterday, You wouldn't Imagine how many people got mad by me showing I stand up for Your right to Vote! Especially them protesters I passed by yesterday outside the building Protesting. Man I tell you They even protest again people for voting.
All I did was wave, Smiled to let them know I did my part you don't vote you don't get a say. :D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
@GO-NAD! Yes, they need to be in history books. Yes, they do not need to be veneered, celebrated or thought about, just erased from our presence.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
It's hard to know where to begin, with all the tangents being thrown out over the last few posts.

Why aren't we condemning the African slave traders who sold them to Europeans? For one, it's probably too difficult to put faces and names to them now. So, who do you single out? Plus, I'm pretty sure none of those traders claimed any hypocritical allegiance to democratic ideals. I understand that isn't a complete response, but it's better than saying, "but...but...what about those guys?". Two wrongs don't make a right.

Statues. Some people think that by taking down statues of those with very questionable legacies, that we are somehow "erasing" them from history. That is a misrepresentation of their purpose. Statues are generally erected to commemorate and celebrate a person. But, many leave legacies that do not deserve commemoration. I'm sure people will understand why there are no statues erected to remember Hitler. One could respond that, "Andrew Jackson was no Hitler!" Sure, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

There's no chance that Hitler will be erased from history, even without a statue in his memory. He's in the history books and I'm sure Washington and Jackson will remain there also.

A couple of years ago, we had a big brouhaha in Halifax, Nova Scotia, over a statue of Edward Cornwallis. The indigenous people of NS - the Miꞌkmaq - reeeeally have a hate on for Cornwallis. He was the founder of the city and back in the 1930's somebody had a statue erected in his honour in a park downtown. The trouble is, the Miꞌkmaq didn't appreciate the English settling here and staged several raids, killing and kidnapping several colonists and troops. So, in response, he put a bounty on Miꞌkmaq scalps. It was a brief policy and I'm not sure if many were ever collected. Plus, the French were paying the Miꞌkmaq for English scalps...but that doesn't get talked about these days.

In the end, to prevent violence, the city took the statue down. At first, I didn't really agree with it. But, after thinking about it, I figured that if this is of any benefit to reconciliation with the Miꞌkmaq, it's worth it. Cornwallis is still in the history books...
People don't want to hear the real Truth only the truth that matters to them. I m sure if it could be Traced back to when the very first people where sold into Slavery one may find out it was a member or Neighboring culture that open the door. Forbid we talk about cannibalism between Indigenous people and at one time or another we all were. Going back to Anglo-Saxons even Further with the human race one may be Surprise to find that We are all not Different in many ways. But more in Common than we realize also. Wasn't it the Dutch shipping Slaves from the African continent to the United States and England?
Wasn't it Egypt which happens to be in the continent of Africa at a time, Employed slaves of many cultures of Countless nationalities? What's going on Now here right now has more to do with Oppression Power and Equality. Justice isn't Blind but Truth does have a blindfold on it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
"Do the Bribes come out of our pockets"
E8375DA3-D6C0-43D6-B306-0A646C4B9D71.jpeg
87C97866-7FBD-4346-B961-4FA3AE201B0A.jpeg
BDDF21AA-9482-4919-A2F1-1C48C1B422FC.jpeg

Capitalism, "Taking Peoples money be it Formal or informal. lmao Capitalism.
The foundation of a free society!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

The current protests is against the present day racism against black people (and others) that has it's roots in US slavery. Talking about African slave traders is just deflecting from the real unaddressed issues that exists today; it's more akin to white supremacists defending their history of lynching of black people by saying that Stalin was worse. This is what pissed me off earlier in a previous post by a poster that should know better.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The current protests is against the present day racism against black people (and others) that has it's roots in US slavery. Talking about African slave traders is just deflecting from the real unaddressed issues that exists today; it's more akin to white supremacists defending their history of lynching of black people by saying that Stalin was worse. This is what pissed me off earlier in a previous post by a poster that should know better.
Really? You really believe that? I'm white, I have Experience racism and injustice, and screwed over by my own kind. I have Experience racism from the African-American race, I hsve been called to my face white Boy, Cracker, White wigger, I've had guns pulled on me by the African-American race also by my own race. Asian nationality race, I personally know of two women that were raped by African-Americans, and by White Caucasian which is my race of people Cry me a River. The only time I lost A fistfight is when I was jumped by 4 African-Americans. The only time my whole Family was screwed over was by White Caucasian people my own race. I could go on but no point. All All lifes MATTER!!!!!! Sad that it is taking the African-American race in this country to bring to light that all lives matter not just black lives all lives matter!! Two wrongs Do Not! make a right, what The looters and mad mobs are doing and protesters those who have done wrong will suffer the consequences. Burning down Businesses to make a point because a member of a certain race was murdered, only shows to Our Nation they're still bad in every race, not only with The African-American race but with every race of color.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We have a relatively horrible history of treatment of non-whites (or even the "wrong" whites) in this country and I could give a crap about statues commemorating those on the wrong side of things....especially those raised in the 1900s to deliberately commemorate the confederate slavers/traitors. Just statues generally don't do much for me in any case, let alone the idiocy of saying that removing statues somehow removes them from history.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting view point and a reminder that at the end of the day we are all individuals.
Very interesting viewpoint thank you for posting it

Thank you as a matter of fact for your activity on this thread

Your very level headed and I think at times you've really pushed this thread to keep going in good directions

I know I've appreciated it I'd hate to see this thread derailed I've gotten a lot of learning out of this one not just for the venting but for some goid knowledge I've recieved

Which is helping me come up with my own feelings about all of this

Just like COVID this sh@$ just blew up so it's been I guess I've been just venting and listening and arguing and dialoguing not to be in the right but also to learn and I've gotten a lot out of this thread

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting view point and a reminder that at the end of the day we are all individuals.
In reply to his post I agree 100% with his points all of them

BUT

But I can also empathize with the fact that there still is a problem or problems that need to be addressed

That young kid Trayvon Martin I apologize if I misspelled his name that one really bothered me

Then the jogger Ahmaud Aubery

Both followed by WHITE dudes with no EVIDENCE they had done anything armed with guns and who basically instigated the incidents when they should have ironically considering the thread we are on let the police handle it

Then the videos that went viral like that lady in New York

And that white neighborhood Association guy that blocked that black dude in his work delivery van wouldn't let him leave because the man rightfully refused to divulge client informatioj on who we was delivering too

The white dude was acting like The man was going to rob rape and pillage the whole neighborhood

As these things have been coming up more and more in the news I was thinking to myself just when is sh@$ going to pop off how long is this community as a whole going to take this before they just flat ass revolt or rage out

I just think in an economy already stressed and people already worked up in fear about COVID George Floyd was the snapping point everything has its limits it's breaking point and this was that one

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In reply to his post I agree 100% with his points all of them

BUT

But I can also empathize with the fact that there still is a problem or problems that need to be addressed

That young kid Trayvon Martin I apologize if I misspelled his name that one really bothered me

Then the jogger Ahmaud Aubery

Both followed by WHITE dudes with no EVIDENCE they had done anything armed with guns and who basically instigated the incidents when they should have ironically considering the thread we are on let the police handle it

Then the videos that went viral like that lady in New York

And that white neighborhood Association guy that blocked that black dude in his work delivery van wouldn't let him leave because the man rightfully refused to divulge client informatioj on who we was delivering too

The white dude was acting like The man was going to rob rape and pillage the whole neighborhood

As these things have been coming up more and more in the news I was thinking to myself just when is sh@$ going to pop off how long is this community as a whole going to take this before they just flat ass revolt or rage out

I just think in an economy already stressed and people already worked up in fear about COVID George Floyd was the snapping point everything has its limits it's breaking point and this was that one
So I think there's things that need changing

Where I agree with the man in the video with gmoney and many others on this thread is the movement has kind off just gotten derailed even empathizing with all there hate but it's gotten just crazy stupid with the rioting and just straight up like he said in the video just craziness

Which is in real danger of throwing the rightful purpose of the

movement out the window and losing a lot of ground and support that they had right from the start from all cultures and communities in this country

I had a great talk with one of my black clients on one off the units my patient but I prefer to call them clients Laurel Ridge cuts my check but I work for them each human being there clients not patients

We've grown real close have a ton of mutual respect and he told me man a lot of these younger guys are just so full of hate period they don't know what they are doing this for and I can tell you they don't give a f@$ck about George Floyd they just wanting to smash and break sh@$ down just f@$ sh@$ up

And they want a new pair of Nikes and everything else they can get there hands on he said back in the day Id have been pulling the same Damn sh@$ myself

It was an interesting perspective from his viewpoint off things

So I do agree with 100% all that man said in the video just with some police reform education reform and some more progress in general with how we all treat each other sprinkled on top

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going to steal a page out of @Old Onkyo 's book and say it like this I'm as white as the vanilla in the middle of the ice cream cone except for the rug of hair that covers my entire body and gives me a Sausqatch appearance

But I'm telling you I 100% believe there Is a valid cause I agree with the man in the vid just posted but I also agree with the fact there still is a problem that needs some solutions added on top of his good ones

I'm just having a hard time getting on the blm movement right now because sh@$ has gotten ridiculously out of hand

I mean people are doing sh@$! Like renaming Eskimo Pies for christsakes c'mon seriously as if that is going to really fix the problems we got right now? Also destroying there own communities for crying out loud talk about setting yourself up

If a system is in place for people to oppress you well you have really helped them there by destroying your own infrastructure and weakening your own ability to improve your ability to change or rise above that system

Your just handing them the means to push you down even further when you cannibalize your own resources

I just can't get on board with a movement so illogical and full of hate right now I mean more blacks the last 2 week's have been shooting up blacks then whites or police have in a long a@$ss while and I'm supposed to think your going to treat me with any rational level of respect where I can feel safe engaging in talking to the movement?

I'm waiting for people to get all this sh@$ oughtta there system and calm the f@$# down so we can really start dialoguing and finding realistic ways to work together for change

But lately it seems liked they have no signs of slowing down and if that's the case if it goes too far it's going to like g money stated bring some form of martial law into play I fear if it doesn't slow down

And by the way if I have to bend down and kiss everybody's a@$! for Shi@! I was not raised to do and have never done I was taught to treat all people with true love and respect as my equals and for heritage I was born into which I didn't ask for and have spent my whole life trying to be accountable for changing and not continuing to allow it to spread

Well I'm sorry but people can kiss my white Sausqatch like hairy covered ass

For reals

And no disrespect to anyone on this thread I love you all whether you know it or not and there's not a Damn thing you can about it lol :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Just something to lighten up the mood one of my favorite comedians of all time just something to make us laugh with all the crazy stuff going on

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Just something to lighten up the mood one of my favorite comedians of all time just something to make us laugh with all the crazy stuff going on
Loved it! "get a white friend" " leave your mad woman home" nice! lmao!! "He got weed! He got weed! lolo.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I'm going to steal a page out of @Old Onkyo 's book and say it like this I'm as white as the vanilla in the middle of the ice cream cone except for the rug of hair that covers my entire body and gives me a Sausqatch appearance

Danzilla, you’re killing me! Please don’t let that line be my lasting contribution to this forum.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The Democrats just blocked the Bill would have Eliminated choke holds. They Approved that part of the Bill for Federal law Officers only. What a joke right? Nancy Pelosi <lmao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis