Are These Finds Good Deals?

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
@Pogre I picked up these wharfdale diamond 9.5 towers, 9.1 bookshelves, 9cs center and diamond Sw10 sub for $500 nzd ($339 USD)
IMG_20211211_074022_copy_836x1115.jpg

IMG_20211211_074126_copy_829x1105.jpg
IMG_20211211_083120_copy_718x957.jpg

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
"Honest" white van speakers?? Guy wants a hundred bucks for these, but check out the specs that are printed right on the box!

View attachment 51904View attachment 51905

Fr of 60 - 200 hz for the "sub" and 150 hz - 2 kHz for the main and surround speakers are straight up garbage specs, but hey, they print it right on the box!

Wow due! You should get those if they’re still available and do a complete review, complete with measurements and subjective comments. That would be awesome.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow due! You should get those if they’re still available and do a complete review, complete with measurements and subjective comments. That would be awesome.
What cracks me up about those is they put those awful specs right on the box beside the SRP. Then I thought "well, they ain't lying with specs...". "Honest" white van speakers, lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What cracks me up about those is they put those awful specs right on the box beside the SRP. Then I thought "well, they ain't lying with specs...". "Honest" white van speakers, lol.
Honest white van speakers. THAT is an oxymoron!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do not know, but these started out at $149 a pair, then went to $109 a pair, and now are $45.69 a pair ... at least they look better than the Amazon Basics speaker and the passive Edifier speaker ... they seem to be confused on the woofer size, but the cabinets do look to have a little bit of weight to them ... PHHCSD speaker
There isn't jack squat when I search either. I posted a question on the Amazon ad. It's the first one!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
There isn't jack squat when I search either. I posted a question on the Amazon ad. It's the first one!
It is from this company -- Dezhou Hechuan Audio Equipment Co., Ltd. .... they have sold two pairs of speakers in 11 months ... we will see if they answer your question

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And what does this mean?

"With a pair of 4 inch multimedia, immersive surround sound allows you to have an excellent home theater experience"

That's in the description, along with saying 6" drivers but in the image it says 5.25" drivers. Would the "4 inch immersive surround" part be bouncy house atmos speakers on top?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
And what does this mean?

"With a pair of 4 inch multimedia, immersive surround sound allows you to have an excellent home theater experience"

That's in the description, along with saying 6" drivers but in the image it says 5.25" drivers. Would the "4 inch immersive surround" part be bouncy house atmos speakers on top?
I wanna say...yes?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
And what does this mean?

I know ... I would like to look inside their passive speakers and I would expect them to sound bright, but still have not made up my mind ...and they have some powered speakers ... looks like they want to clear their stock

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Come on guys! Lets discuss something decent, and not this type of garbage that only brings the industry down. Where are all the great deals out there? The real Bargains!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Come on guys! Lets discuss something decent, and not this type of garbage that only brings the industry down. Where are all the great deals out there? The real Bargains!
Slow week..? Lol

This guy has some eye candy, like these Revel Ultimas and Infinity Epsilons.

00z0z_iukxI00FWuOz_0CI0t2_600x450 (1).jpg

I see they have posted business hours in their ad now... it might be worth the trip to go check out some really nice gear above and beyond your typical BB Magnolia store.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not 1 but 2 pairs of Maggies for only $300 and $350 respectively. I'm not sure if the price for either is worth getting excited over. I'm not very familiar with all the different models they have.

And a pair of Elac Velas that look interesting to me, but maybe not a particularly spectacular great deal at $2k.

Polk RTI A3 books for only $200. Aren't the RTIs pretty good speakers? That might not be too bad.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/tucson-polk-rti-a3-with-stands-improved/7418323273.html

*With stands too!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis