Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
And a pair of Elac Velas that look interesting to me, but maybe not a particularly spectacular great deal at $2k.

Polk RTI A3 books for only $200. Aren't the RTIs pretty good speakers? That might not be too bad.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/tucson-polk-rti-a3-with-stands-improved/7418323273.html
I would like to hear them Elac's

The RTi series are decent, but overpriced at $200

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They may be the original S series Studio speakers, before they came out with the orange colored drivers
Actually the copper drivers were first. Then the sTudio II had silver. It’s hard to tell but I’m pogres pic it looks like an s412. That’s the powered big brother to my s312.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Actually the copper drivers were first. Then the sTudio II had silver. It’s hard to tell but I’m pogres pic it looks like an s412. That’s the powered big brother to my s312.
You are right about the driver colors and series

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Studio 2’s there great Iam not sure if those have the powered bass or not !
I think Bill figured it out. They look like S412Ps. I'm doing a little homework and the whole S series look like they're really good speakers. I keep calling them Northridge but I don't think that's right? They're S or Studio series.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The copper colored were first then with the studio 2’s they went to silver .
I found a pair in a Google search with silver drivers.

hqdefault (1).jpg

I just figured out why you're calling them "2s" tho. They're S412P II's. The copper were the "1s" I assume?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I think Bill figured it out. They look like S412Ps. I'm doing a little homework and the whole S series look like they're really good speakers. I keep calling them Northridge but I don't think that's right? They're S or Studio series.
Yes S for studio the 412’s have the powered bass . The silver drivers were the last in the series I believe . Then they went to the studio L series 890’s 880’s on down LC-2 and 1 centers . The north ridge is a step down but are still good . Then to the present Studio series with the big compression driver at the top .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

View attachment 52193

I just figured out why you're calling them "2s" tho. They're S412P II's. The copper were the "1s" I assume?
Correct the 2’s have a different wave guide for the tweeter .the 4 stands for 4 way the 3 in the 312’s are 3 ways .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yes S for studio the 412’s have the powered bass . The silver drivers were the last in the series I believe . Then they went to the studio L series 890’s 880’s on down LC-2 and 1 centers . The north ridge is a step down but are still good . Then to the present Studio series with the big compression driver at the top .
This is the LC-2 center I used befor I got the Array 880 it’s a 4 way .

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

View attachment 52193

Yea. The coppers were version 1.
Northridge is to studio, as prime is to ultra.

If you don’t have anything to do, you can find reviews of the 312 and 412 out there. Like most JBL speakers they perform well beyond their price class. Most all of Greg Timbers speakers were pretty damn good. I know my 312’s aren’t be all end all but imo upgrading them will cost a lot. It’s why I still have them I guess.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
We're in luck! I found a yt sound demo for them!

:p :p
Honestly I personally think the best out of both series is the S-38’s in the one or two versions a true matched pair monitor.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Oh, that looks like a very good center channel too.
It’s very good will take the juice too lol . And I’ve one just sitting up on the shelf I should sell it cause I’ll never go back to it now .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis