Are These Finds Good Deals?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Once again making me wish I hadn't sold the Von Schweikert VR-4's... Sigh...

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
LMFAO thar is my ad! Yeah if your ever in the area hit me up!
sure thing.

I like going to the hard rock cafe for a burger and guinness.

unfortunately my trip is for not due to my friend's kids getting the sniffles from school

no sniffles for me

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If I lived in the Phoenix area I'd be interested. Always wanted a pair of Vandys...
You could match 'em up with this Vandy sub for $550. Which seems a bit overpriced imo, but can understand an og Vandersteen speaker owner wanting one. What little I can tell from the pics it looks like good build quality and a nice looking wood top.

00v0v_gaTZLXsWiez_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These Sunfire subs keep popping up too, and always a high asking price like this one for $700! I've heard these little subs are pretty legit, some models known to walk across the room, but $700? Not to mention it's gotta be what, 10 - 15 years old and those subs were prone to amp failure?

00E0E_7jlzikw3J2Zz_0g80c6_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These are actually kinda tempting! A pair of Mirage Nano subs for $70. They're just so small! I'll bet they sound nice tho... down to 40 hz or so... lol. Still, be nice to have for a little room just for music with a pair of books or something. $40 apiece or $70 for both.

00F0F_lYaQtKybiC8z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
These Sunfire subs keep popping up too, and always a high asking price like this one for $700! I've heard these little subs are pretty legit, some models known to walk across the room, but $700? Not to mention it's gotta be what, 10 - 15 years old and those subs were prone to amp failure?

View attachment 50806
Friend of mine bought one of the first Sunfire subs, think it was in '95 or so, impressive little sub and believe he did later have an amp failure....I wouldn't buy for that much, tho.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
These are actually kinda tempting! A pair of Mirage Nano subs for $70. They're just so small! I'll bet they sound nice tho... down to 40 hz or so... lol. Still, be nice to have for a little room just for music with a pair of books or something. $40 apiece or $70 for both.

View attachment 50807
Those are the same drivers of the subs I have and they will rock you for an 8 inch.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

View attachment 50807
Actually rated down to 30Hz. Made in Canada, Eh! ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And one of the cabinets is brand new. The original suffered some damage at the hands of Fed Ex.
At first I didn't realize who it was... then I saw his screen name. Bummer, that whole story, right up to the point where he's selling them.

B

Bman484

Audioholic Intern
I’m in the process of building a new media room. The space is 12x12 with the rear wall open to a basement.

I will the watching movies and tv about 80/20 respectively.

I am choosing between towers and bookshelf. I recently introduced bookshelf into my mix and did some research on the bmr monitor. Look and sound stunning but wanted advice on how they would work for mostly movie watching.

I also came across elac 403 on audiomart that I have been eyeing too. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I’m in the process of building a new media room. The space is 12x12 with the rear wall open to a basement.

I will the watching movies and tv about 80/20 respectively.

I am choosing between towers and bookshelf. I recently introduced bookshelf into my mix and did some research on the bmr monitor. Look and sound stunning but wanted advice on how they would work for mostly movie watching.

I also came across elac 403 on audiomart that I have been eyeing too. Any thoughts?
I believe the BMRs have a fairly wide horizontal dispersion that would make then good with multiple seating positions like in a theatre setting. If it's only for one or two people then you don't have to worry as much about widening the sweet spot. They would be great if using a phantom centre or using 3 BMRs up front. If you want a horizontal centre to go with them that will take a little more research.

B

Bman484

Audioholic Intern
Looking at these monitor audio 200 gold speakers. Seems like a good deal but 4g versus current 5G I believe?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis