Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm surprised no one had a comment on these Infinity Reference speakers. Z especially, where r u been awhile. :D

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I'm surprised no one had a comment on these Infinity Reference speakers. Z especially, where r u been awhile. :D
Kids have no patience these days. :D
Those shiny cones look similar to KEFs that I restored and they are Reference series as well. Can't believe you can get those for a measly 10 bucks.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I stumbled across this tonight.

Boston Acoustics Speakers: CS 226, CS 225c, CS23, Subwoofer CS sub 10 - $250 CAN - Less than $200 USD!

Boston Acoustics Speakers: CS 226, CS 225c, CS23, Subwoofer CS sub 10
Looks nice! I like the wood. Do you guys ever buy sets at super low prices but it's for a quality of speaker far less than all your setups? I'm debating a ridiculously low price on a set of Polks that frankly i have zero need for. Probably a waste of time. No question I can flip for same or more but if not something special is it worth the time?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I stumbled across this tonight.

Boston Acoustics Speakers: CS 226, CS 225c, CS23, Subwoofer CS sub 10 - $250 CAN - Less than $200 USD!

Boston Acoustics Speakers: CS 226, CS 225c, CS23, Subwoofer CS sub 10
Reviews on those seem to be from around 2009 and 2010. The CS226 tower retailed for under $500. They sure look nice for $250 for the set but note that it is really a budget speaker wrapped in vinyl. Have to give them credit for giving them a very nice appearance but sound quality will be typical for that price range.

Looks nice! I like the wood. Do you guys ever buy sets at super low prices but it's for a quality of speaker far less than all your setups? I'm debating a ridiculously low price on a set of Polks that frankly i have zero need for. Probably a waste of time. No question I can flip for same or more but if not something special is it worth the time?
It's a space constraint for me and then also having the time to resell afterwards, which can be a pain. I would need to set up another system dedicated to testing. Might be something I do for fun when I retire but I've been getting enough cheap or free gear lately to keep me busy without having to add to it from CraigsList. :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Reviews on those seem to be from around 2009 and 2010. The CS226 tower retailed for under $500. They sure look nice for $250 for the set but note that it is really a budget speaker wrapped in vinyl. Have to give them credit for giving them a very nice appearance but sound quality will be typical for that price range.

It's a space constraint for me and then also having the time to resell afterwards, which can be a pain. I would need to set up another system dedicated to testing. Might be something I do for fun when I retire but I've been getting enough cheap or free gear lately to keep me busy without having to add to it from CraigsList. :)
I agree, I know I could make $100 on this but what is my time worth there. It might be fun to try the speakers at the house but they are worse than what I have I presume and then I have a bunch of junk I have to sell :) ... I still might do it though... Usually I'll just make an offer that is so low it's a no brainer and if they accept then why not. If they decline then they are usually doing me a favor!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Ok I had to buy this.

Martin Logan 700w Subwoofer with wireless transmitter for $70. Think I have a use for it but can flip it if not.

1632716786072.png

Updated with picture

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok I had to buy this.

Martin Logan 700w Subwoofer with wireless transmitter for $70. Think I have a use for it but can flip it if not.

Can't get my picture small enough for this thing! What a pain
I usually just use Paint in Windows and shrink to 30% or so of original.... $70 sounds like a very good deal! Congrats.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks updated with picture. A good deal for sure. Will it be useful for me? Not sure about that. But it was fun getting a bargain

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks updated with picture. A good deal for sure. Will it be useful for me? Not sure about that. But it was fun getting a bargain
It's a decent sub, especially for a smaller room like a bedroom/office/workspace use?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
That's right. Will use in my bedroom or will sell and put the profit in my end game speaker fund :)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Found this on Canuck Audio Mart. It's the 5000 not the 5000X, not sure if it's a good deal or not?

Screenshot_20210930-132359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Focal Sopra no. 1 with stands for $7k... :oops:

00606_g3ln3Qzen3fz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Apparently the stands alone are $2k. I can't think of any good reason to spend that much money on speaker stands. That's just ridiculous.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

View attachment 50617

Apparently the stands alone are $2k. I can't think of any good reason to spend that much money on speaker stands. That's just ridiculous.
Give me a silver magic marker and I can make a squiggle just like that for a lot less money. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

View attachment 50617

The speakers don’t work without the stands. In fact, as I understand, if you try to put non-Focal speakers on those stands, the speakers will only play Billy Ray Cyrus. …if you are lucky. Apparently it can get much worse than that. Some have reported only getting piccolo solos.
I don’t know for certain. Just what I’ve heard…
In the end, I wouldn’t risk it. Way too dangerous if you ask me.

….

;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis