Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Nola was formerly Alon (get it?)

Their m.o. is open-baffle mids and tweeters, with sealed box bass.

There's a pair of 80's or 90's Alon near me, that I've got my eye on but haven't decided upon yet.

Now I fully understand. To go from $1,800 to $22,000 simply reverse the letters in your name and watch the magic happen. That's a nice find for new old stock.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The spring clips reminded me of Pogre's question. JBL500 for $50 on FB. I then found a photo of the interior. Yeah, spring clip equals hard pass on this one. :D
JBL500front.jpg

JBL500rear.jpg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The spring clips reminded me of Pogre's question. JBL500 for $50 on FB. I then found a photo of the interior. Yeah, spring clip equals hard pass on this one. :D
View attachment 50314
View attachment 50315
If the spring clips didn't make your decision, the interior sure would.

Looks like my old pioneer speakers I got from Lowe's. Yes, the home improvement store. They still work and sound...comes out of them.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So customize ‘em.;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
So customize ‘em.;)
Oooh... then I could ask $500 'cause it's gold!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Long-McQuade is having a sale this month, but someone's fingers must have slipped on the keyboard. That's one hell of a discount on that Electrovoice speaker!
LM-EV-sale.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
eBay find looks to be in los Vegas not a bad price . Both top glass appears to be broken and are hard to find but there clean otherwise drivers look real good . The glass can be replaced with plexiglass and painted black or can be made out of nice wood dark walnut would look very nice on the top of these .

Attachments

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
eBay find looks to be in los Vegas not a bad price . Both top glass appears to be broken and are hard to find but there clean otherwise drivers look real good . The glass can be replaced with plexiglass and painted black or can be made out of nice wood dark walnut would look very nice on the top of these .
That’s the ones I was telling you about in Las Vegas.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That’s the ones I was telling you about in Las Vegas.
I’d want to here them first but these are totally doable like I said the real glass is impossible to find but I’ve got templates to make new top glass and I’ve got two brand new spares Incase mine Break in 20 years I’ve never had to replace one .

But these look good driver wise of course that don’t mean there not blown but there are drivers available on line I hope one of those fellas out that way gets them I’d be glad to help with an idea for the glass tops .

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
OMG! As much as a Fan as I was of this generation of Marantz receivers, having owned both a 2245 and later a 2325 (both in walnut wooden sleeves- which this 2270 lacks), how can they expect to get $1,500 USD for a 45 year old stereo receiver?
Kinda what I was thinking, but there are a slew of these on eBay for even more. There was even a Google response showing them (2270's) worth $1300.

That's how I knew I would only get a real straight answer here.. There's no knowledge like experience when in doubt.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The "vintage" nuttiness is out of hand. I had a 2270 back in the day, it was not issue free (like bleed over from one input/source to another). I can't imagine paying but maybe $100 for a used one.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Posting these Magnasphere's for C$1,050 more out of uniqueness than being a good deal. Some research points to the Magnat Magnasphere Gamma made in West-Germany. 140W , 25Kz-34kHz, 4 ohm. There are actually 8 drivers in each cabinet for omni-directional sound. Retailed for $3200-$3500. I guess that makes them the first high end speaker that I've seen with spring clip terminals. ;)
More details here on The Music Room for those interested.
Magnaspheres_n.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis