Are These Finds Good Deals?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Window shopping.
View attachment 49077View attachment 49078View attachment 49079View attachment 49080View attachment 49081View attachment 49082
I didn't know Monster made subs. Goes down to 20hz it says on the box. $29 Didn't look it up or might have walked out with it. :oops: It was in good shape just needed cleaning. Didn't get anything.
How are those JBL's you bought doing? I saw a pair in OfferUP in Florida when I was on vacation and my thought of course would be how can I fit these in the car to take home :) Didn't do it.

What models were those again?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How are those JBL's you bought doing? I saw a pair in OfferUP in Florida when I was on vacation and my thought of course would be how can I fit these in the car to take home :) Didn't do it.

Love em listening to some Jazz right now and it's fantastic. You should have gotten them. Mine are the 520s. How much were they asking for?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

You’d have really enjoyed them built like tanks with pro drivers. There the European version of a L-7 and L-5’s . The cabinet’s are made in Denmark and the drivers in Germany. I’ve had my two sets for over 20 years I’ve never had an issue with them did replace a switch on the bottom of one that controls the bass instead of sending my just the switch they sent me the whole crossover for free I like jbl’s service .

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
You’d have really enjoyed them built like tanks with pro drivers. There the European version of a L-7 and L-5’s . The cabinet’s are made in Denmark and the drivers in Germany. I’ve had my two sets for over 20 years I’ve never had an issue with them did replace a switch on the bottom of one that controls the bass instead of sending my just the switch they sent me the whole crossover for free I like jbl’s service .
Man, they were in Panama City FL and I was in Destin. I sent them a message and they only replied after I left :( I literally would have tried to stuff them in the back of the minivan we rented to drive there and probably had my kids put their luggage on the floor :)... Because. More Speakers..

I wish I could have had a shot at em.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Man, they were in Panama City FL and I was in Destin. I sent them a message and they only replied after I left :( I literally would have tried to stuff them in the back of the minivan we rented to drive there and probably had my kids put their luggage on the floor :)... Because. More Speakers..

I wish I could have had a shot at em.
Usually if you can find them there almost always in good to great shape these were a high end speaker in there short run . They were mainly designed for the Japanese market and European markets the Japanese really seem to relish these and other jbl high end designs . I’ve found lots of these on European and Japanese audio sights some will ship but good lord the shipping and freight is just insane lol .

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Window shopping.

I didn't know Monster made subs. Goes down to 20hz it says on the box. $29 Didn't look it up or might have walked out with it. :oops: It was in good shape just needed cleaning. Didn't get anything.
And I didn't know that Nakamichi made speakers. I would have been tempted with that tape deck if the button was not missing. Not a 3 head deck but it has Dolby C and is black. My current spare is a silver Aiwa which doesn't match my system.

I wonder what the THX switch does on the sub?

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
And I didn't know that Nakamichi made speakers. I would have been tempted with that tape deck if the button was not missing. Not a 3 head deck but it has Dolby C and is black. My current spare is a silver Aiwa which doesn't match my system.

I wonder what the THX switch does on the sub?
Yep my thoughts exactly on the Naka tape deck. Missing piece was the reason I didn't want it. Thx switch will probably rocks your place more. I didn’t even plug it in. I don't need more subs, unless it was a Hsu or SVS sitting there. :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with you. Seems a bit high for used market. I don't see any in their outlet right now but would be surprised if you couldn't get a pair there for about the same price or even less with a little patience.
Retail is $560 for ash and $700 for gloss up here. Worth maybe $350? Pretty big upcharge for the gloss finish and my speakers are ash any way. I would jump on them for $300.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This guy... basically wants retail for his used Rythmik FVX15. Which is silly to start but at least he provides us with 1 good image of it...

01717_guW9BlbY9z0z_0tC0QE_1200x900.jpg

I have to resist an urge to message guys like that...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
This guy... basically wants retail for his used Rythmik FVX15. Which is silly to start but at least he provides us with 1 good image of it...

I have to resist an urge to message guys like that...
Must have gotten a good deal for his cell phone, so he could take some unique pictures

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seen these floating around a few weeks. Any idea on the quality??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No clue, but interesting. Might be worth an audition if for any reason to expand your speaker vocabulary. Generally speaking tho, amp manufacturers dipping their toes into the speaker game don't have the best track record, but those do look nice.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
No clue, but interesting. Might be worth an audition if for any reason to expand your speaker vocabulary. Generally speaking tho, amp manufacturers dipping their toes into the speaker game don't have the best track record, but those do look nice.
Yeah I may go check them out. They look well made.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I may go check them out. They look well made.

Let us know if you do. I've never encountered those speakers before. They do look gorgeous, but we all know looks ain't everything. On the flipside I can't imagine Marantz would put out a complete turd so they might just be aight.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Seen these floating around a few weeks. Any idea on the quality??

According to AVS Forum members the speakers produced by Marantz back then were nothing to write home about. People selling them say they sound great. ;) I would be curious too. Odd that they did not produce the pairs as a mirror image. The LPS 1412 was produced from '88 to '91.

Drivers per cabinet
High frequencies: One (Peerless) Soft-dome tweeter
Mid-range: One 4" treated fiber driver
Bass frequencies: One 12" Poly-infused fiber woofer
Tuned port for sub-bass

Specifications
Amplifier requirements: 10 watts minimum - 170 watts sustained (RMS)
Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity: 91 dB / 1 watt / 1 meter
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions: 34" tall x 15" wide x 13 ½" deep

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis