Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
There are about 8 different versions of the Watt Puppy. :) $4k would be around the going price for the Watt / Puppy Series 5, more for later series. Surprised someone would not keep a speaker that expensive dent free.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
There are about 8 different versions of the Watt Puppy. :) $4k would be around the going price for the Watt / Puppy Series 5, more for later series. Surprised someone would not keep a speaker that expensive dent free.
It was a 2nd hand to the 3rd hand :). To me personally the GE Triton2s sounds better . I could always recoup my money.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
For the DFW area folks:
Those are some gorgeous speakers and I wish I had a need for them...
Focals keep popping up on my radar out here too! $500 for these. Not too bad.

00V0V_hwmh3r1Xd6sz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

A pair of Kantas here. Pretty optimistic with the asking price tho at $6950... I know these Kantas are really nice and retail for more, but I think he's gonna have those up for a while for that much.

00101_c0I86itWPhGz_0CI0pO_1200x900 (1).jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Omg. Not so much a good deal as look at that speaker placement! Wtf?

01414_knYEw0ImtAHz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

It almost causes me physical pain seeing such pricey gear just completely sabotaged like that! Might as well get some cheap speakers if that's all they're gonna do with them!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 48942

A pair of Kantas here. Pretty optimistic with the asking price tho at $6950... I know these Kantas are really nice and retail for more, but I think he's gonna have those up for a while for that much.

View attachment 48941
Yeah, those Kantas are beautiful (though in their most unimaginative color) but 85% of full retail for a used speaker is a hard sell... Also, to the 807V seller: clean your GD (Gosh Darn) speakers before you list them!!!1! You've got either soda or cat pee on the front of the right one and what is either saw dust or ten years of funky skin cell accumulation in the terminal cup of another (most likely both). Ugh...

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Omg. Not so much a good deal as look at that speaker placement! Wtf?

View attachment 48943

It almost causes me physical pain seeing such pricey gear just completely sabotaged like that! Might as well get some cheap speakers if that's all they're gonna do with them!
B&Ws have an incredibly high soundstage! At least in my room...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 48942

View attachment 48941

View attachment 48942

View attachment 48941
Think tucson dude replaced his focals with a pair of kef r3s??? * check that box their sitting on...*

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. Not sure where to even start here. The "NASA re-engineering", the $6k up charge for said engineering, or the "NASA scientist" who did the engineering using such terrible grammar and punctuation...

01010_9VMoTcVOwF8z_09G07g_1200x900.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. Not sure where to even start here. The "NASA re-engineering", the $6k up charge for said engineering, or the "NASA scientist" who did the engineering using such terrible grammar and punctuation...

View attachment 48974

Sounds like it was written by the same dude that needs to clear a $10M inheritance through Nigeria for a hansom fee. :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 48974

$6k for adding lights from an old PC fan and a "custom woofer"? I think I'll be taking a hard pass...

Also "you can't put a price on NASA RE-ENGINEERING ", "but ill only charge you 6000" for it sure sounds like he put a price on it to me.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
DQ-10's go for $500 or less all day, every day. Part of me wants to flag that stupidity out of general principle.

He ,ight be a NASA engineer, but they don't build speakers at NASA. "Custom woofer" does nothing but decrease the value further. I wouldn't pay $200 for that abomination.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
$6k for adding lights from an old PC fan and a "custom woofer"? I think I'll be taking a hard pass...

Also "you can't put a price on NASA RE-ENGINEERING ", "but ill only charge you 6000" for it sure sounds like he put a price on it to me.
I just had to send him an email, lol. My guess is I'll be ignored, but hopefully he gives me an entertaining answer...

I gotta say, your ad got my attention. $6k is a hell of an up charge for engineering tho. Can you explain a little better the engineering that went into the speakers? You added a woofer? How did you select the woofer? Did you check T/S parameters and make sure it was a match for the enclosure? How about the crossovers? Did you redesign all of those as well? What all improvements did you make?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis