Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Rhythmik LV-12R servo sub for $400. Kinda makes me wish I could use one. I've always wanted to check out their servo subs.

View attachment 48625

Great price and in great condition. Probably $50 to ship. Got no room. :p

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Rhythmik LV-12R servo sub for $400. Kinda makes me wish I could use one. I've always wanted to check out their servo subs.

View attachment 48625

That actually looks fairly compact for a 12" ported. Hmmmm...... :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
$400 is a good price on Rythmik 12in That’s a little guy though. Good for a small room. Maybe a nice bedroom sub. :)

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 48625

I was eyeing that.. A bit pricey for a sub that retails at $550 though..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So interesting story with the company that made these Onix Rocket RS850 tower speakers for $450. I Googled up specs for them and found out ol' shifty Mark Schifter is behind them. I'd all but forgotten about him, but the name rang a bell. I skimmed over a couple of old threads and refreshed my memory. Regardless, I guess he did make a few good products and these are one of them.

01515_eDXqscqByJPz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
So interesting story with the company that made these Onix Rocket RS850 tower speakers for $450. I Googled up specs for them and found out ol' shifty Mark Schifter is behind them. I'd all but forgotten about him, but the name rang a bell. I skimmed over a couple of old threads and refreshed my memory. Regardless, I guess he did make a few good products and these are one of them.

View attachment 48659

The build quality looks pretty good. Looks like a satin finish but still very pretty. How old are these?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
$400 is a good price on Rythmik 12in That’s a little guy though. Good for a small room. Maybe a nice bedroom sub. :)
Remember this killer(kidding but bumps) sub in my small bedroom? Plus I got tactile bass on my chair added not too long ago, so I'm good for now. :cool:

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I think around 15-17 years old or so? Read a review written in '05 before shifty got in trouble.

There was recently a whole onyx set here that I was tempted to buy pretty cheap. I like the looks. But when I looked at what people were saying about the sound quality, I really wasn’t seeing that it would be better than what I have. maybe worse. So I just passed. When your talking about anything north of $500, it’s harder To pull the trigger when you might get stuck with a room full of lateral speakers. I’m trying at least to resist that urge. Sometimes unsuccessfully:).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never did get a chance to try any of the Onix/av123 stuff. My general understanding it was good performing and a very good value for the time. Mark Seaton who helped design a sub or two for schifty went on with reasonable success.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
They were made in Denmark and not china, so they are pre-Klipsch.. probably good speakers and for 20 bucks you have nothing to lose.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
True
They were made in Denmark and not china, so they are pre-Klipsch.. probably good speakers and for 20 bucks you have nothing to lose.
True. I don't need em, but maybe I can sell them if not to my liking.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis