Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I found an SVS SB-2000 pro for $575. It appears to be in good condition but I haven’t seen it in person yet. The price strikes me as okay but perhaps a touch high.

Any other thoughts?
I'd want ported so I'd pass on it just for that. It's a little bit steep for the used market too, imo.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not necessarily a good deal, but can you imagine the look someone had when this got dropped or smacked with something. Vintage mac with a broken glass faceplate. MC-2105 for $1200.

01616_jpPxJAlr1Elz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

That busted faceplate, ouch.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Curious if @ryanosaur or @zieglj01 know anything about these MA Gold 20s for $400. I know the current MA Gold series are really good, but I'm guessing these are more on the vintage side looking at the dust buildup on the terminal cups.

01313_6Zr704FT98tz_0mo0t2_1200x900.jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Curious if @ryanosaur or @zieglj01 know anything about these MA Gold 20s for $400. I know the current MA Gold series are really good, but I'm guessing these are more on the vintage side looking at the dust buildup on the terminal cups.
No, I can not really speak for them ... but they seem to be from around 17 years ago

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Not personally. They would be about 10 yrs old. Relatively small speaker. 1" titanium-dome tweeter made in Germany and 4" Scan-speak woofer. Retailed around $575. The graph posted by zieglj01 is typical of Totem but despite that they still manage to get great reviews.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got a 2265B in a box that I used for a preamp it’s a great 2 channel unit one side of the amp blew out after years of use . A buddy of mine set it up to use as straight up preamp . I need to dig it out a set it up .
I remember my sister's boyfriend owning one and I stayed and played music on it. It just classy looking and great sound on it. I didn't pick it up.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 48505

These are often called the Gold Reference (GR) series. So they'd be GR20s.

The GR series came before the Gold Signature (GS) series.

Then came the Gold series with real ribbon tweeters, then another Gold series with real ribbon tweeters and revised woofer cones, then the newest most recent Gold series with AMT tweeters.

$400 is a fairly reasonable price for these. But yeah, they're probably about 15-20 years old by now.

Edit: I see they're now dropped down to $350. That's a lot better than most people would ask for them, but then again most people ask unrealistic prices.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My dad used to a have Dual turntable similar to this 502 on FB. I always liked the look of the rear gimbal on the Duals. The silver disc in the centre is a paper strobe disc. It was tuned to 60Hz house current so that you could use an ordinary incandescent bulb to check the platter speed. Worked quite well actually.
Dual 502 TT.jpg

Duakl 502 tonearm.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My dad used to a have Dual turntable similar to this 502 on FB. I always liked the look of the rear gimbal on the Duals. The silver disc in the centre is a paper strobe disc. It was tuned to 60Hz house current so that you could use an ordinary incandescent bulb to check the platter speed. Worked quite well actually.
View attachment 48563
View attachment 48564
Nice! I had a Dual way way back in the early 80s with an Ortofon cart, Very nice TT since then I've moved on to a Thorens then a REGA. That Dual was pretty damn good though. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis