Are These Finds Good Deals?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a Clarion car unit a long time ago, it was very nice, altho I played with a few Alpines, never owned one. Can't remember all the car stuff I had, had several cars with built in systems for a long time in between that were just fine, even Bose :) I've been using a Kenwood head unit in my van for I think over a dozen years now altho it doesn't seem that long...it's been great, altho navigation could be more intuitive, it wasn't all that expensive and has sub pre-out as well as L/R pre-outs, I use the built in amps for the door speakers but have a power amp feeding four more in the rear as well as another amp for the sub.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
FYI @TLS Guy some vintage Quad gear in Orillia, Ontario, for $1,400 Cdn on Facebook Buy & Sell Canadian Audio and Home Theatre. He has a couple repair kits to go with the gear but never found the time to try the restoration. Speakers will need service soon as well.
Quad gear for sale.jpg
Quad FM3 for sale.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This Denon POA-5000 looks like a pretty good amp. It's 6 channels, decent power and quite flexible. Looks like you can bridge for fewer, more powerful channels of amplification, or leave them split up for 6 channels, 4 of them lower power. $620 seems like a fair price even, but used electronics... I'd pass. Still a cool amp tho.

00808_hbEIxGIjjthz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg
00O0O_7o0zo9tBmJNz_0kE0fu_1200x900.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
That looks like a lot of effort went into making some garbage sounding speakers!

I s'pose I shouldn't be so judgy not having heard them but you'll have a hard time convincing me that those sound right. I don't see any tweeters!
If you read the description there is a front firing tweeter mounted coaxially with the 10" driver as well as a rearward facing tweeter for fill. I agree though, they're likely to sound like crap, and those raw edges would drive me nuts.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well now, this got my juices flowing but he's asking too much. Focal Kanta1 books for $6950.

00101_c0I86itWPhGz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

He's one of those "they cost **** PLUS TAX new" guys... I think the "low ballers ignored" thing is kinda douchey too. Just ignore them. You don't have to advertise it. Just a crappy ad all around really. Those Kantas tho...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Well now, this got my juices flowing but he's asking too much. Focal Kanta1 books for $6950.

View attachment 48489

He's one of those "they cost **** PLUS TAX new" guys... I think the "low ballers ignored" thing is kinda douchey too. Just ignore them. You don't have to advertise it. Just a crappy ad all around really. Those Kantas tho...
People are going to lowball him anyway. Maybe even more so. lol

edit: also, it's craigslist, I'm sure that not everyone on there knows the normal price of Focals and might think him crazy if he didn't list their MSRP

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
edit: also, it's craigslist, I'm sure that not everyone on there knows the normal price of Focals and might think him crazy if he didn't list their MSRP
PLUS TAX! Don't forget that part just in case some people don't know about taxes... :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's something I haven't seen before. A pair of MB Quart QLS-830s (?). I think that's the model from looking at the images of the backs. $600. They look pretty nice and my experience with MB Quart has always been hi end. They were really known for car audio too.

00q0q_dHqnBp1Iw7lz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Here's something I haven't seen before. A pair of MB Quart QLS-830s (?). I think that's the model from looking at the images of the backs. $600. They look pretty nice and my experience with MB Quart has always been hi end. They were really known for car audio too.
Be careful, you may end up really liking them ... but $600 is a little high

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I found an SVS SB-2000 pro for $575. It appears to be in good condition but I haven’t seen it in person yet. The price strikes me as okay but perhaps a touch high.

Any other thoughts?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis