Are These Finds Good Deals?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Subs are harder to find, but I found that RBH 1212NR on there. There was a PB1000 up for a week or 2 also for $350 not too long ago, you musta missed it. On the whole tho, the selection isn't nearly as good as speakers. This dude has a couple of VTF-3 MK5s for $450 each tho... you might be able to talk him down some.

I did miss that svs , i rally just made up my mind a few days ago... Rather than wait for Dennis to sell something real cheap like the aa+s he recently discontinued, i figure grab a good clean playing sub for the b1 mods..i really kinda want the speedwoofer for the clarity it is reputed to have ..Edit , that hsu looks pretty good

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did miss that svs , i rally just made up my mind a few days ago... Rather than wait for Dennis to sell something real cheap like the aa+s he recently discontinued, i figure grab a good clean playing sub for the b1 mods..i really kinda want the speedwoofer for the clarity it is reputed to have ..
I'd rather have these Hsus over the RSL any day....

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Agreed , but used is always iffy, and i don't have a car ...i might be able to work a delivery but dudes 30 miles outta town too...Edit.. That dudes 2.5 hours north of town

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
An additional note .. My listening room is about 12x12x8 .. So i don't need cannons.. My subs are plenty, but the bic is a muddy mess .. The rsl is really close design wise to my other sub , so i thought that could work , and even if not the rsl should be plenty in that room by itself.. I listen to my other sub alone for music right now..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
An additional note .. My listening room is about 12x12x8 .. So i don't need cannons.. My subs are plenty, but the bic is a muddy mess .. The rsl is really close design wise to my other sub , so i thought that could work , and even if not the rsl should be plenty in that room by itself.. I listen to my other sub alone for music right now..
My reasons for dual subs would be for smoothing response, not particularly output altho a little headroom is a good thing, particularly in a square room.....but it is a small room so maybe something smaller makes sense....

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
My reasons for dual subs would be for smoothing response, not particularly output altho a little headroom is a good thing, particularly in a square room.....but it is a small room so maybe something smaller makes sense....
Plus I'm king of brokeness...$500 is about my limit.. I run duels just to try to avoid nulls in this little room, from all accounts the rsl has pretty good punch above 30 hz and sounds reasonably clean for a budget sub, that alone makes it better than the bic , music is my main concern, movies are just a secondary thing...but a guys gotta rattle the room while watching a marvel movie...Edit : my other sub is an emotiva basx 10, if there was ever a budget sub trying to be a speedwoofer it's the emo..

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
J

Jerkface

Audioholic
There are lots of exceptions out here. I picked up these Infinity IL40s for ten bucks!
It's definitely true that the bigger the speakers are, the less likely the people trying to get rid of them will be trying to extract maximum dollars, because they don't want to have to drag them to UPS and have them packed...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I almost posted this in the rich and famous thread but I think these fall a bit short. Legacy Focus towers for $10k...

View attachment 46880

Some pricey Dynaudio Contour towers too for $4895

View attachment 46881

It sometimes amazes me the stuff I find on Craigslist. It's like a used speaker mecca out here!
Monkey coffins

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's definitely true that the bigger the speakers are, the less likely the people trying to get rid of them will be trying to extract maximum dollars, because they don't want to have to drag them to UPS and have them packed...
Local ads. This is my Craigslist thread. It's a long thread but if you look through it, I and others have had some really good finds in it. I live in the Phoenix area and there are always at least a thousand hits when I search speakers. I comb through there every so often. I picked up these Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s with RAAL ribbon tweeters for $600. They sell for over $1400.

31489-360x640 (1).jpeg
31496-360x480 (1).jpeg

I liked them so much I sold my SVS Ultras and bought the Sierra ribbon towers. My matching center channel should be here by the end of the month.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Local ads. This is my Craigslist thread. It's a long thread but if you look through it, I and others have had some really good finds in it. I live in the Phoenix area and there are always at least a thousand hits when I search speakers. I comb through there every so often. I picked up these Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s with RAAL ribbon tweeters for $600. They sell for over $1400.

View attachment 47695View attachment 47696

I liked them so much I sold my SVS Ultras and bought the Sierra ribbon towers. My matching center channel should be here by the end of the month.
Those are gorgeous!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
How’s the 1080 working out haven’t seen an update buddy hope it’s working out for ya buddy .
Why did you repeat, (buddy hope it's working out for ya bubby) are you in a Echo chamber or do you have a mouse in your pocket. :p
Monkey Coffin, Monkey coffin, Monkey coffin. There said it 3 time's. :p

J

Jerkface

Audioholic

View attachment 47695View attachment 47696

That's a reasonable price for a pair of used speakers - typically 40-50% of retail.

Again, when I talk about "crazy deals" (and how difficult they are to find), it's more like scoring a pair of those for $20.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis