Are These Finds Good Deals?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone familiar with Moth Audio? Looks like a single full range driver, but might be concentric. Hard to tell from the pics.

View attachment 44722

Is that a "whizzer" cone? And that frequency response... OOF

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Keep seeing a Marantz AVR 1080p at my Thrift store for $179.00 kinda pricey for them. Still a Marantz though. No pics rahaha.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that a "whizzer" cone? And that frequency response... OOF
It's a whizzer or very much like one. After a little digging I found out those were made more for tube heads so accuracy wasn't necessarily the goal, but sheesh. They look almost unlistenable.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Don't remember I always see it. 3 weeks already. If it were 4K or the thin 1080p model I'd take more interest. If it's there next time I'll take a pic.
Hey. I have an NR-1501 that has been collecting dust for a while. I'd want to test it as it has been sitting for a while. I have original box etc. Not trying to sell you but if you are interested....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had the original Advents way back when, the later versions never appealed (and was a different company too).

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yeah here is another set I can get for $25. Not worth the time of being stuck with them?

1613761508660.png

Last edited:
K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Can also get a allegedly new in box version of these Daytons for $60

Dayton Audio T652 Dual 6-1/2" 2-Way Tower Speaker Pair (parts-express.com)

Wanting office speakers but might should just spend some money and get the JBL 530s on sale right now. But toying with bargains for fun. Might be more fun to get $1000 speakers for $100 if I can find them :)
I've asked about Advent enough times that when I see them now it's pretty much an automatic pass for me.

The Daytons I don't know anything about aside from being budget speakers. I think with some patience you could do better for the money, even if 60 isn't that much.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis