Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, i like the 530s, I'm scouting locally for a decent upgrade but tbt I'm pretty happy as is.. The 530s are in my "other" system .. They impress me.. The only problem i have with them is they aren't quite as good as my other speakers....
Which other speaker?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Which other speaker?
I have a pair of emotiva b1's that had a mod done by Dennis Murphy, they turned out well.... very good clarity and still not bright, and the treble is plenty sparkly (they have an amt tweeter)

M

mixlsplitz1

Audioholic Intern
You bet man. Sucks about your transportation situation. If you were closer to me I'd even consider a meet up to go check out some gear. I just can't drop 250 on another pair of speakers without upsetting the wife or I'd be on those. They're another good consideration for @mixlsplitz1 too.

*Edit: Boy those aren't exactly close for me either, but probably closer than it is for you.
You talking about the polk for 250? I saw those too.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
You bet man. Sucks about your transportation situation. If you were closer to me I'd even consider a meet up to go check out some gear. I just can't drop 250 on another pair of speakers without upsetting the wife or I'd be on those. They're another good consideration for @mixlsplitz1 too.

*Edit: Boy those aren't exactly close for me either, but probably closer than it is for you.
Thanks , yeah I'd be more active on the used market, but no car makes it tough..but i save a bunch of money not driving...Anything east Valley is tough for me, and it seems that lots of audio deals lately end up being there.. There's good stuff up this way too, but lots of it is overpriced, i think its the Scottsdale influence, rich folks seem to over value their junk....who knows , maybe we can swap speakers sometime, we may end up having a good trade possible sometime...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, nice speakers , but i was really jones-ing for the rbh61s that are/ were listed..the polks are interesting though at that price...
I'll bet those Lsi9s would give the 530s a pretty good run for their money. They measure decently well.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I'll bet those Lsi9s would give the 530s a pretty good run for their money. They measure decently well.

I bet they would too, as a matter of fact I'd bet they are very similar , it wouldn't surprise me at all if the polks were a bit better..Edit... If those rbh's are still available in a day or so i might make a move, but i don't want to start bidding against that poster that was interested and indicated he was going to pick them up...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Could someone recommend a good pair of universal speaker stands that are fillable? If I end up getting a new pair of bookshelves I'm not really keen on spending another 4-500 bucks on the stands to go with.
I got a pair from VTI which are fillable and the wires can run through the column. Half the price of what Paradigm wanted.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I did earlier this afternoon. He demo'd them and I fell in love. Awesome come up. Thanks @Pogre
No problem. I'm happy my thread could help someone out! It was mostly a time killer and it's fun finding nice speakers. I had a feeling those were gonna sound awesome if everything checked out. I'll bet they're every bit in the same league my Ultras were, if not even more linear.

Congrats! Let's us know what you think when you get a little more time with them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone familiar with Moth Audio? Looks like a single full range driver, but might be concentric. Hard to tell from the pics.

00k0k_9bZxLzTZHUoz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Anyone familiar with Moth Audio? Looks like a single full range driver, but might be concentric. Hard to tell from the pics.

View attachment 44722

i saw a fr graph... trust me here , if even fr is a concern *take a pass*

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
i saw a fr graph... trust me here , if even fr is a concern *take a pass*
Oh I'm not even interested in buying. Just curious. I know that technically a single full range driver would generally be preferred, but would also need to be properly designed and integrated.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Oh I'm not even interested in buying. Just curious. I know that technically a single full range driver would generally be preferred, but would also need to be properly designed and integrated.
The guy is selling for $500 and I think they sold for $695

1613597226016.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis