Are These Finds Good Deals?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'd be curious to know if that Plate Amp is pre DSP? If SVS would support even a second tier owner by giving the DSP tuning file or metrics so one could set up a replacement Amp properly. That could be a great rehab project for the right person if the Amp were to fail.
Though truthfully, if one were willing to spend on a new Amp, you could probably just buy a new Sub. ;)
*shrugs

But I agree, their old wood veneer products look super nice. I think @William Lemmerhirt had a photo of a wood veneer PC from the past... And I think @mazersteven may have posted one somewhere of an older design in a rosewood or similar finish.

Makes me wish I could afford to have Salk build me cabinets to my specs with their custom dyed veneers!!! Or even just his finished Rythmik builds. :D
Yes indeed!

Also, long time ago, I almost bought a Pb12 plus2 in rosewood. Built a mock-up. And put it in place. Wife, not amused.

Beautiful.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well these look interesting for the price. A pair if Polk LSI9s for $250.

00w0w_2HhsmUDWsR6z_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg

Some Sanus speaker stands for $50.

00L0L_ajVHqXUuBi9z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 44619

View attachment 44620

I gave those a thought as well...

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 44619

View attachment 44620

*sigh* How hard is it to provide a bit more info? What’s the veneer finish (the “cheeks” on those Polks were very nice and solid looking)? How about, at a minimum, three more pictures (left, right, back- maybe bottom)? Along with that, maybe clean up the fingerprints? Maybe add a link to a review? If one does not want many silly questions/ low ball offers, beef up the presentation!

That being said (ranted?) $250 ($225 for the crappy ad/pics) seems like a good deal for a curiosity purchase (cheapest pair on Ebay is going for $650 right now).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
*sigh* How hard is it to provide a bit more info? What’s the veneer finish (the “cheeks” on those Polks were very nice and solid looking)? How about, at a minimum, three more pictures (left, right, back- maybe bottom)? Along with that, maybe clean up the fingerprints? Maybe add a link to a review? If one does not want many silly questions/ low ball offers, beef up the presentation!

That being said (ranted?) $250 ($225 for the crappy ad/pics) seems like a good deal for a curiosity purchase (cheapest pair on Ebay is going for $650 right now).
I'll bet they're in great shape, but I couldn't agree with you more man. If you're going to sell something clean 'em up and take more/better pictures! That drives me nuts. You can upload up to 24 images. I put time and effort into selling my Ultras and uploaded over a dozen pics. I was asking a lot for a craigslist ad and they still went pretty quick.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I agree. @lp85253 you've been on the hunt, those Lsi9s are a pretty sweet deal if they check out.
That's waaay across town for me.. And I'm without wheels..i agree they are a good pair to take a chance on..I'm probably gonna wait it out until something pops close enough to me to get a delivery... And they will have to beat out those 530s to stay, the b1s aren't going anywhere. ( I STILL marvel at how much i like them) .. I am contemplating the aa+s .. Those rbh 61 se's were the good deal for me.. Something will pop that's perfect for me or I'll grab the aa+s when the next checks hit...if you see something close to me let me know...Btw.. I'm always on "the hunt" for a killer speaker/amp deal...it's just got to be a real good deal, and close by.. No wheels has iit's financial advantages but this example isn't one of those...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's waaay across town for me.. And I'm without wheels..i agree they are a good pair to take a chance on..I'm probably gonna wait it out until something pops close enough to me to get a delivery... And they will have to beat out those 530s to stay, the b1s aren't going anywhere. ( I STILL marvel at how much i like them) .. I am contemplating the aa+s .. Those rbh 61 se's were the good deal for me.. Something will pop that's perfect for me or I'll grab the aa+s when the next checks hit...if you see something close to me let me know...
You bet man. Sucks about your transportation situation. If you were closer to me I'd even consider a meet up to go check out some gear. I just can't drop 250 on another pair of speakers without upsetting the wife or I'd be on those. They're another good consideration for @mixlsplitz1 too.

*Edit: Boy those aren't exactly close for me either, but probably closer than it is for you.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's waaay across town for me.. And I'm without wheels..i agree they are a good pair to take a chance on..I'm probably gonna wait it out until something pops close enough to me to get a delivery... And they will have to beat out those 530s to stay, the b1s aren't going anywhere. ( I STILL marvel at how much i like them) .. I am contemplating the aa+s .. Those rbh 61 se's were the good deal for me.. Something will pop that's perfect for me or I'll grab the aa+s when the next checks hit...if you see something close to me let me know...Btw.. I'm always on "the hunt" for a killer speaker/amp deal...it's just got to be a real good deal, and close by.. No wheels has iit's financial advantages but this example isn't one of those...
530s are great aren't they? I'm also amazed on the 520 center.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those RBH SE books and center for 350. Not bad at all!
Not bad at all. Lucky guy. I can't fit anymore speakers in my small apt. Trying to sell to get more space. ;) might have sold something hopefully tomorrow. Nope not speakers. Although the Bose are probably next, which are decent especially in the bass dept.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
530s are great aren't they? I'm also amazed on the 520 center.
Yes, i like the 530s, I'm scouting locally for a decent upgrade but tbt I'm pretty happy as is.. The 530s are in my "other" system .. They impress me.. The only problem i have with them is they aren't quite as good as my other speakers....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis