are most audioholics ultra-rich billionaires?

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
I recently graduated from my residency last July so my advice is to hang in there man!

For anyone who might be wondering my student loan debt is $182,000 (and change) and the cost of med school has gone up a decent amount since then. Everytime I open up my student loan bills it makes me want to vomit a bit.

I still shop around extensivly for deals with my AV equipment. Everyone loves a bargin no matter how much cash you have.
that,s unreal by the time you finish school and pay back the loan your 30 years old.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Since this thread is off topic already, if anybody is interested in facts about med school debt... it's a subject I know more about than I ever wanted...

that,s unreal by the time you finish school and pay back the loan your 30 years old.
actually you're about 30 when you can just START paying back any decent part of the loan. The YOUNGEST age that one graduates from med school would be about 25 years old (+/-1), but many (including myself) didn't go straight from college, 25 is if somebody when straight from college; then you have to do a residency program, min. 3 years, often more.... so that puts the youngest residency grads at around 28 years old, many older. Reported time it takes to pay off med school debt is... it's been a while since I've heard, the figure I recall was over 10 years by the last report I read, 12-30 years are common. That's crazy! so the average age at which a new MD finally pays off student debt may be around 40 years old. depressing to read if you're in the med field, but if anybody is interested, more recent stats can be found at...

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/15/debt_report.pdf

so anybody want to loan me five bucks? I'm good for it; I'll pay you back by 2056!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

just wondering, cause as I browse these forums I see people with PS3's, 10,000+ sound systems, woofers alone that cost an average american family's 2 month salary, etc. Most people in the world would be content with a 50 dollars HTiB from wal-mart or something, and if they were to save for an entry level sound system, it would take them months for one component. People here seem like they drop thousands a month, and are at the bleeding edge of technology. :confused:
I'm barely a thousandaire!;) I do have maybe $15,000 in gear but it was purchased over years, and audio & video are my only expensive hobbies.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe you should have gone to school to be a lawyer.... they are screwin everyone, and they sure don't get reamed by the insurance company's like doctors do these days...

Lawyers - "Nothin but a bunch of Ball Washin Bastards"...... Shawshank Redemption

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah but, when the revolution starts, guess who is gonna be first ones put on the Eastbound train? (Hint: Not the doctors).

majorloser

majorloser

Yeah but, when the revolution starts, guess who is gonna be first ones put on the Eastbound train? (Hint: Not the doctors).
Ah contrare.

Plenty of doctors got sent to the Eastern Front.
The Werhmacht had field hospitals and medics, too.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
No, I meant the other trains going east.

K

kenhoeve

Audioholic
to answer the original question, I am only a semi-rich billionaire. that way I'm not redundant. :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis