Apple Music Announcement

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Surprised there isn't more commentary here. *shrugs

I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Great update for any who need help understanding about headphone compatibility:

I for one am stoked they are doing this. Finally. Eager to do away with some of my other subscriptions.

Now I just need to find a great set of headphones that might work with this! How long until we get to True Wireless AND Lossless earbuds you can fall asleep with in your ears? :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure I can learn to love Apple Music. The interface just seems awkward to me.

I have Deezer. I also have Pandora Plus and Amazon Music Unlimited.

D

ddjr

Audioholic

I for one am stoked they are doing this. Finally. Eager to do away with some of my other subscriptions.

Now I just need to find a great set of headphones that might work with this! How long until we get to True Wireless AND Lossless earbuds you can fall asleep with in your ears? :D
I agree, and am interested knowing what earbuds produce the best sound

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall

The Spatial Audio Dolby ATMOS experience is what I am stoked about. After listening to 5.1 SACD, listening to stereo is like tasting a Coke gone flat, no fizz. But thing is there's not a lot of 5.1 SACD music out there in genres or titles which are interesting to me. So I am excited about Apple Music's Spatial Audio; and, if it sounds anything like multi-channel movie soundtrack music, I think a whole lot of folks are going to say goodbye to stereo. We'll see.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So is this streamed version of Atmos on Apple just enhanced 2.0 or is it actually multich?

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
If some of you are wanting top shelf IEMs, it's going to come from custom in ear molds that are built to fit your specific ear. You will get molds in the mail to put in your ears, then mail them back. Then have your custom ear buds made.

The Elysiums are highly regarded if you wanna go nuts.

Otherwise, if you don't care to spend a ton, maybe look at Shure SE-215's.

Very best,

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Apple “Spatial Audio” up and running this morning.
00F32EEC-C5B1-4FE0-ACDA-C7CF561A780C.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
iOS, TV OS and Mac OS need to be on their latest versions for "Spatial Audio" to work. Apple Music playback settings need to be adjusted for Dolby Atmos and Lossless tracks. Apple TV 4K played back Dolby Atmos tracks just fine and the red Dolby light on the receiver lit up as one would expect. Things worked a bit differently on a Mac Mini M1 connected to the receiver via HDMI. Dolby Atmos tracks did not trigger the Dolby light but did play in multichannel. So, don't think metadata is coming over.:confused: An iMac using internal speakers plays the two channel version of an Atmos track with some coming in as 24-bit 48kHz ALAC.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
iOS, TV OS and Mac OS need to be on their latest versions for "Spatial Audio" to work. Apple Music playback settings need to be adjusted for Dolby Atmos and Lossless tracks. Apple TV 4K played back Dolby Atmos tracks just fine and the red Dolby light on the receiver lit up as one would expect. Things worked a bit differently on a Mac Mini M1 connected to the receiver via HDMI. Dolby Atmos tracks did not trigger the Dolby light but did play in multichannel. So, don't think metadata is coming over.:confused: An iMac using internal speakers plays the two channel version of an Atmos track with some coming in as 24-bit 48kHz ALAC.
Hmm will update OS and see what happens. :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
There is much to consider and go over depending on the Apple device and speakers used for playback.o_OI wanted to see how Apple handled atmos tracks compared to Tidal using an Apple TV 4K Gen 1. It works well and the volume issues that plagued atmos tracks on the Tidal app are not an issue on the Apple Music atmos tracks.:) For playback of lossless tracks on Apple TV 4K, one needs to go into Settings, then Apps, and then select Music. Under AUDIO, select Audio Quality and then switch from High Quality AAC 256kbps to Lossless ALAC up to 24-bit/48kHz. There are things I learned and hate about it all, but for now I’ll just enjoy some of the atmos albums.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Works for me on Apple TV 4K. Will have to see how I like it. :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

Yes! I will give it a few weeks but looks like I will be dropping some subscriptions.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
FInd any good Atmos albums?
There are tons of songs to go thru. LOL :)

I’m also thinking to drop one of my services. Probably Deezer goes and keep Apple. I hate the Apple TV remote but the hdmi control allows my Yamaha remote to work the Apple TV well enough for Apple Music. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
There are tons of songs to go thru. LOL :)

I’m also thinking to drop one of my services. Probably Deezer goes and keep Apple. I hate the Apple TV remote but the hdmi control allows my Yamaha remote to work the Apple TV well enough for Apple Music. :)
Right, but I ask because I have quite a few 5.1 albums and quite a few of them sound like crap. Just because an Atmos version exists, doesn't mean it's good. I like to see if anyone finds anything noteworthy before I try.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis