Anybody else been following "Dexter"?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sigh. A disappointing conclusion to what was really one of the better seasons of the show, but not as bad as the internet would have you believe.

C

chapp

Audioholic
It was disappointing but predictable. Now, "Son of Dexter" begins.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It was disappointing but predictable. Now, "Son of Dexter" begins.
What did you think of the season as a whole tho? I thought it was a pretty good return to form for the most part.

C

chapp

Audioholic
T
What did you think of the season as a whole tho? I thought it was a pretty good return to form for the most part.
It started getting weak with his sheriff girlfriend sudden change of detective skills and there were some other moments that were simply dragged out and painfully slow. But, on the whole, I liked watching Dexter and sometime down the road I may watch the series once again.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I honestly liked it. I knew how they were going to end it, but I had hoped they'd be more creative.

I personally think a much better ending would have been him covering his ass and not killing again and never getting caught. Then he gets to live out his days in wherever he was. Would have been interesting to see how he managed to cover everything without being a moron.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I honestly liked it. I knew how they were going to end it, but I had hoped they'd be more creative.

I personally think a much better ending would have been him covering his ass and not killing again and never getting caught. Then he gets to live out his days in wherever he was. Would have been interesting to see how he managed to cover everything without being a moron.
I agree. That would have made for a more interesting ending for sure, but it didn't ruin the whole season for me. It really felt like the Dexter of old from the first few seasons right up until the end.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It started getting weak with his sheriff girlfriend sudden change of detective skills and there were some other moments that were simply dragged out and painfully slow. But, on the whole, I liked watching Dexter and sometime down the road I may watch the series once again.
What I thought they did pretty well was ratcheting up the tension and keeping the pressure on as things started getting stickier and more complicated for Dex. There's a bit of a fumble at the end but they did pretty good running the ball to the goalposts. I for sure wanted to keep watching to see how ol' Dexter gets out of each newest pickle.

This is where it went off the rails for me:
When Dexter killed Logan to escape the jail in the last episode. That kinda took me out of it and was the only time I thought "oh, c'mon!". That just seems too unlike Dexter and it goes against his code, regardless of how they rationalized it. Dexter would have found another way, or could have even just choked him out instead of killing him. He's been in bad spots like that before.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I had an idea for an ending that would have worked pretty well I think. What if...

What if he did get caught at the end. Then we realize he was sentenced to death and the entire show was his life flashing before his eyes as he lay on the table awaiting execution. The very last scene would be him opening his eyes as he lay there strapped to a table in his final seconds right before getting a lethal dose. The scene would end with the plungers going down the syringes as Dexter fades to black.

The end.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What I thought they did pretty well was ratcheting up the tension and keeping the pressure on as things started getting stickier and more complicated for Dex. There's a bit of a fumble at the end but they did pretty good running the ball to the goalposts. I for sure wanted to keep watching to see how ol' Dexter gets out of each newest pickle.

This is where it went off the rails for me:
When Dexter killed Logan to escape the jail in the last episode. That kinda took me out of it and was the only time I thought "oh, c'mon!". That just seems too unlike Dexter and it goes against his code, regardless of how they rationalized it. Dexter would have found another way, or could have even just choked him out instead of killing him. He's been in bad spots like that before.
I agree, that's when it got weird for me too.

I had an idea for an ending that would have worked pretty well I think. What if...

What if he did get caught at the end. Then we realize he was sentenced to death and the entire show was his life flashing before his eyes as he lay on the table awaiting execution. The very last scene would be him opening his eyes as he lay there strapped to a table in his final seconds right before getting a lethal dose. The scene would end with the plungers going down the syringes as Dexter fades to black.

The end.
That would have been great too.

C

chapp

Audioholic
Pogre: those are some good rewrites for the show, and I think that I would have enjoyed watching it more so.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis