Audioholic General
Starke Sound subs are on sale for Black Friday

SW10 10" - $349
SW12 12" - $489
SW 1515" - $629
Sub24 8" w/ dual 8" PRs - $529
Sub35 12" w/ dual 12" PRs - $1049

Man other Black Friday sale items as well, including amps and speakers

I bought a SW15 to see if it's an upgrade from my DIY 10" Dayton RSS265HO. I know it'll be an upgrade in output/extension...have to see how the SQ compares.

Starke further reduced prices on their subs.

SW15 is $539
SW12 is $419
SW10 is $299

Hoping that they will honor the new lower price on the SW15 I just bought (and paid $90 more for) 2 weeks ago.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Just to follow up...

No Starke is not honoring the new sale prices for those that purchased recently (ie. in the last 2 weeks) at the higher sale prices. Bullshit response was that their "system does not allow for price adjustments or credits." They offered me a discount code for a future purchase... no thanks.

Cool of them to post a Black November/Black Friday sale... then lower prices after the sale was running for a couple weeks, but tough crap to those that got in on the sale early. Kind of shitty IMO.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Just out of curiosity,I called HSU research to see if they are having a Black Friday sale because I wanted to buy 2 better subs but they are not this year , but they usually do. Like I said earlier in this thread, Black Friday sales will suck again this year :(.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Acer Chromebook Spin 713 (CP713-2W-5874, Refurbished) for $379.99 - $19 w/ coupon code EPIC2021 = $360.99. Shipping is free. Great specs wish it were 15" still a good deal.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I might start working on the wife for a tv upgrade. BF seems like a good time to shop around. We have an entry level 75" TCL right now and if I do get a new one I'd like to go even a little bigger. I don't know jack schitt about TVs tho...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I might start working on the wife for a tv upgrade. BF seems like a good time to shop around. We have an entry level 75" TCL right now and if I do get a new one I'd like to go even a little bigger. I don't know jack schitt about TVs tho...
Pogre, contrast, nits (how bright did TV can get) and of course OLED rule's. If Dolby Vision matters to you which I'm thinking it does. The more nits you have the better. Anything under 400 nits, won't even touchdown Dolby Vision. But even if you do go with OLED, Sony or LG are they way to go. I'm more than likely gonna make the jump next year to Sony's 65" Master Series. They are pricey but you'll get 10 years out of them or more.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Panasonic is planning to come out with 2022 TV sets. They have been out of the TV market in North America for several years but the have outsource manufacturing of their new sets to a partner firm.
I am still using one of their 12 year old plasma TVs and it's still performing as new. For next set that I buy, I would certainly verify their products, because Panasonic has been making reliable electronics and other products for many many years.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Panasonic sounds exactly like many other OEMs who've left a marketplace and sell their Branding to any 3rd party who will buck-up $$. I'd be extremely wary of any introduction of TVs with Panasonic branded on them. Some respected brand names from the past like RCA, GE, Westinghouse, Altec, etc., have done this and many consumers are duped into buying substandard products.

Buyer Beware! Just Sayin' ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Panasonic sounds exactly like many other OEMs who've left a marketplace and sell their Branding to any 3rd party who will buck-up $$. I'd be extremely wary of any introduction of TVs with Panasonic branded on them. Some respected brand names from the past like RCA, GE, Westinghouse, Altec, etc., have done this and many consumers are duped into buying substandard products.

Buyer Beware! Just Sayin' ;)
Talking about Altec. IIRC, the company closed in 1988 and the Altec Lansing name was sold to a computer speaker manufacture, which I understand decided to market at some point, copies of the A7 Voice of the Theater loudspeakers which completely differed from the original products.

However, Great Plains Audio which is owned by a previous Altec employee, builds Altec speaker drivers with the same equipment which Altec was using before closing. Those new drivers don't all have the exact same specs as the original Altec brand, but the build quality is on a par with the original stuff. The price for those drivers, horns and redesigned passive crossovers have increased quite a bit over the years. For example, the famous 416, a 15 inch woofer which was used in home speaker cabinets and in A7 (VOTT) PA and theater enclosures retailed for CA$95 in 1972, the price I paid for one then.. A brand new GPA built was recently selling at over CA$1200.

Last edited:
Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Outlaw put the bookshelves, center, and subs on sale....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ascend Acoustics just announced a year end sale on their Sierra 2s for $998/pr (+$50 for piano black)! That's under a thousand bucks for some very nice RAAL ribbon speakers!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis