Any Holiday Sales Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
All the local Walmart's are out of stock and no delivery. Good thing you acted fast. :)
Keep trying and refresh the page if you want one. I got lucky yesterday as it said the same thing and bam I got one. It's been raining the whole day here in FL, so I won't pick it up till tomorrow or Sunday. I doubt it will fit in the car. On top of the car it will go.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks I'll keep an eye on the site. Since I already have a 50, 2 40s, and a 32cin a condo I'm not in a rush to get another TV. But at that price wow,.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I think discounts in electronics are going to be terrible again this year due to chip shortage and supply chain issues come Black Friday.

:banghead

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Still no TV on the website. I've been looking at it all day. Raining here all day in St Augustine also they had to close the bridge of lions down due to flooding.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I just bought a replacement heater and replacement water temp gauge for my 40 gallon turtle tank. Then, 2 days ago, the April Aire furnace humidifier needs a new solenoid valve and decided to replace the control unit too. Parts will be here in 3 more days. Gotta call the furnace people for cleaning/tune up. That's it for Christmas. lol I'd like a new 55" TLC OLED to replace my 4 year old TCL, 4K, but is on my wishful list for 2023. O, forgot, just bought 2 Bissell Cleanview Pet Slim corded vacuums. Merry Christmas!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So what is everyone looking for this holiday season? I'm happy with my 2 channel stereo system, my 4 tvs, and my 2020 AWD Kia Sportage. Maybe a larger aquarium to replace my 38 gallon? Maybe a 55 or 75? So much work involved with upgrading a tank...
Or maybe a new couch to replace my 7 year old Serta which is starting to sag.
Indeed. Starting a new tank is an investment. Especially waiting for the first cycle. Seems forever. But imo it’s worth it. I have a humble 75gal freshwater tank. It’s full of live plants, mostly anubias and Amazon swords, and crested Java ferns, with driftwood that I’ve collected from other states as well as many local lakes her in mn, including lake superior. I vote for a new aquarium. What fish and plantings do you have.
Also, have you rotated and flipped your mattress? Might not need a new one, maybe just a flip! And who doesn’t need a sub?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Load up that new tank with fast growing stem plants and it will vastly reduce cycling time. If you can keep your current filter running until the new tank is setup too, you'll basically have zero cycle time.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
My 40 Gallon Breeder style tank holds a 4 yr old, 3-1/2" long[full size], So. Painted Turtle with 35 gallons of water. Has replacement water heater element is holding at 79F, per the replacement water temperature gauge. His replacement mercury vapor UVB/UVA lamp is fairly new. Buddy has artificial plants, one floating, a leafy 26"tall, weighted to the tank bottom, and a vine that hangs around on the glass bottom.
His early Christmas is good! He has his usual floating Romaine lettuce, turtle bone and pushes 3 one inch dia stones around.

Wife has shopped for the grand kids and bought more stuff at a local craft show yesterday along with other stuff for family. The nice thing is, we are celebrating Christmas at our home, after 1 year absence, and is a GIFT. Lots of LOVE going around!

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Load up that new tank with fast growing stem plants and it will vastly reduce cycling time. If you can keep your current filter running until the new tank is setup too, you'll basically have zero cycle time.
I think using his established tank water might help too.

You mentioned to me once about starting an aquarium thread. I think we should have one here, even if(like yourself) their not current(no pun lol) pics. Maybe I’ll start one later today.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I think using his established tank water might help too.

You mentioned to me once about starting an aquarium thread. I think we should have one here, even if(like yourself) their not current(no pun lol) pics. Maybe I’ll start one later today.
Go for it!

I'm going to bed now... lol

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Right now I have 2 3inch firemouths, 5 2 inch cherry barbs, and a black racer neritie snail for algae control its OK for now but I wouldn't want to add anything else.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Still no TV on the website. I've been looking at it all day. Raining here all day in St Augustine also they had to close the bridge of lions down due to flooding.
Keep trying! Some people got some yesterday from slickdeals. Got mine yesterday and will be setting it up to my liking later today. I was worried about light bleed, but so far it looks good. Funny story I put the TV on top of the car and as I was driving a guy and daughter told me it was about to fall. Oh no... So with a little bit bit of work got the box to fit in the back seats. Phew that was a close one. :eek: :cool: Thank goodness they told me so grateful to them.
IMG_07112021_140724_(2500_x_1476_pixel).jpg

M

Maheshwari234

Audiophyte
@GotAudio yeah true, happened the same with last year, and the cost of electronics got more expensive like a rocket. But even though I got the best offers on Home Speakers from Axiom audio during the black Friday sale last year ;) . Hopefully, this time also I've purchased Center Channel Speakers for my Hallway for this Black Friday event from Axiom audio with a discount from https://www.curateddeals.com/deals/axiom-audio-coupons :cool:.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis