Another plasma question

L

lman

Audioholic Intern
OK, so I walk into BB with the wife, and there it was a PN50A650, for only $1,499, plus $200 toward at home wall mounting or calibration, I was really wanting a 50PZ800, but for the price (the wife's main concern) I think it is to good to pass up. Is the Panny that much better then the Sammy??? also, how hard is it to calibrate a plasma? is there special equipment or anything, or do I just need to get ahold of a special DVD???

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
OK, so I walk into BB with the wife, and there it was a PN50A650, for only $1,499, plus $200 toward at home wall mounting or calibration, I was really wanting a 50PZ800, but for the price (the wife's main concern) I think it is to good to pass up. Is the Panny that much better then the Sammy??? also, how hard is it to calibrate a plasma? is there special equipment or anything, or do I just need to get ahold of a special DVD???
I think the Panny is better if you don't want to get your TV professionally calibrated and is willing to simply accept its THX mode as good enough. The Sammy offers much more adjustable settings so you should be able to get it calibrated yourself if you invest the time. I am not sure if the Panny is worth $300 more.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
You've probably missed my recent post, but do you know that the Pioneer 5020 from authorized reseller, with free shipping, has been going for less than $1,900? plasmaconcepts

That being said, I would still opt for a larger display, at the expense of a bit of PQ, if I sat further than 5' away from display. While you might miss out on a bit of shadow detail (and maybe not depending on your light conditions), but you will gain a LOT more, IMO, in detail and immersion. All about viewing angle, IMO, with 1080p.

L

lman

Audioholic Intern
thats a great deal on a 5020, your right I did miss it in an earlier post. Having said that there is still the issue of my "financial advisor" (the wife) seeing a good T.V. at a cheaper price, all she is going to see is $500 dollars. So how hard is it to calibrate a T.V.? how do I find out what the standard is?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis