Another plasma question

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
P.S. - Maybe calls for another thread. If i close the door i need to convert IF to RF. and apparently , at least from this HT store, it would cost about $400Anyone have experience or recommndations. Should i start a thread or had it already been answered before?.
I use the RF20/blaster combo for $79.99 shipped. Works great, and takes less than 5 minutes to program a macro. It is natively IR + RF. You can read my preliminary audioholics review here.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
The guy at the HT store told me that Pineer didn't authorize selling the Elite online.
I think he's full of crap. Pio employees I know said there is no such restriction and they are sold online by authorized retailers. BUT, that list is smaller for the Elites than the normal Kuros.

P.S. - Maybe calls for another thread. If i close the door i need to convert IF to RF. and apparently , at least from this HT store, it would cost about $400Anyone have experience or recommndations. Should i start a thread or had it already been answered before?.
Logitech Harmony 890, 890 Pro, or 1000. That's what I did, and I love it. Look into it, you might like it.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
thanks for your response

I use the RF20/blaster combo for $79.99 shipped. Works great, and takes less than 5 minutes to program a macro. It is natively IR + RF. You can read my preliminary audioholics review here.
Hey Jostenmeat, thanks again for your excellent advice!

Later,

MidCow2

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Going with RF20

I think he's full of crap. Pio employees I know said there is no such restriction and they are sold online by authorized retailers. BUT, that list is smaller for the Elites than the normal Kuros.

Logitech Harmony 890, 890 Pro, or 1000. That's what I did, and I love it. Look into it, you might like it.
Nemo thanks the Harmony 890 is now $194 after a $50 rebate, I think I am going to buy Jostenmeats recommedation for $78.98 after shipping and handling from:
http://search.a1books.com/cgi-bin/mktFront?act=addCart&WVSESSION_ID=1164900911&SELLER_ID=100006&SKU=656787120105-11-DNH&ITEM_CODE=656787120105&LIST_PRICE=169.99&TITLE=Urc+Rfs200+Powerpak+Bundle+W/+Mastercontrol+Rf20+And+Powerblaster&cart=Continue

Take care,

MidCow2

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Nemo thanks the Harmony 890 is now $194 after a $50 rebate, I think I am going to buy Jostenmeats recommedation for $78.98 after shipping and handling from:
http://search.a1books.com/cgi-bin/mktFront?act=addCart&WVSESSION_ID=1164900911&SELLER_ID=100006&SKU=656787120105-11-DNH&ITEM_CODE=656787120105&LIST_PRICE=169.99&TITLE=Urc+Rfs200+Powerpak+Bundle+W/+Mastercontrol+Rf20+And+Powerblaster&cart=Continue

Take care,

MidCow2
Without any idea about their CS, I know the zon is excellent. I've only been most impressed with them. Therefore, I would opt to pay $1.01 for that peace of mind, just in case you are not satisfed with it.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Without any idea about their CS, I know the zon is excellent. I've only been most impressed with them. Therefore, I would opt to pay $1.01 for that peace of mind, just in case you are not satisfed with it.
Well right now personal email is blocked at work because of a little virus/attachment problem we encountered, so I couldn't validate registration, I didn't realize you provided me a link and now I get it "zon" is Amazon. Duh! dense me. I buy lots from Amazon; they make it to easy one click , two click, three click ordered.

Okay I paid $80.04 or something like that

Thanks again Jostenmeat went with your POM advice

MidCow2

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
PENG, I'm not sure when you picked one up, but someone's gotta say it:

Congrats on one fine display!!!!!!

Did ya get the 50" or 60"?

I bet your HdDvds never looked so good. (You DO have a bdp, yes?). :D
Thanks, I got it on Saturday. I have to settle for the 50". HDDVDs look great but DVDs looks pretty good too with the Toshiba XDE-500. I think I am going to defer my original plan of getting a BD player.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Defer

Thanks, I got it on Saturday. I have to settle for the 50". HDDVDs look great but DVDs looks pretty good too with the Toshiba XDE-500. I think I am going to defer my original plan of getting a BD player.
Come on Peng, you can't skimp out now, not after splurging on that display. You know you want to:D. Jk... congrats on the new Plasma. :)

Regards, Bill :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Now I am going to look up the Pro-101 and the 140 monitor to figure out what you are talking about.
You can find out the pros and cons of each simply by visiting Pioneerelectronics.com but be careful when you start comparing prices. It can get confusing. For example:

According to www.pioneerelectronics.ca:

60"
Pro-151FD list price=C$7499.99
Pro-141FD list price=C$6999.99
TV is C$500 more expensive than the monitor.

50"
Pro-111FD list price=C$4799.99
Pro-101FD list price=C$4999.00
TV is C$200 less expensive than the monitor.

According to www.pioneerelectronics.com:

50"
Pro-111FD list price=$4500
Pro-101FD list price=$4500
Same price for the TV and the monitor.

60"
Pro-151FD list price=$6500
Pro-141FD list price=$7000
TV is $500 less expensive than the monitor.

Dealer's discounted prices seem to be the same for both, in Canada, and different but varies in the U.S. It is weird.....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Billy, but seriously I have to watch every penny I spend now. Like no more SB coffee in the morning, TH may be.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I think he's full of crap. Pio employees I know said there is no such restriction and they are sold online by authorized retailers. BUT, that list is smaller for the Elites than the normal Kuros..
There are a Limited number of online elite dealers and there are shipping restrictions into another bm's location.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Pioneer said they do not authorize Elite plasma sale online

There are a Limited number of online elite dealers and there are shipping restrictions into another bm's location.
I contacted Pioneer direct and they said they do not authorize sale of the Elite online and would not honor the 2-year warranty if a porblem occurred. I found cheaper price online and including tax could save about $600.

Pioneer's actual response:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

We do not sell elite products online. You would have to go to an authorized dealer for Pioneer. Some company say that they are dealers and they are not. If you purchase an elite product online the warranty would not be granted. Here are a few dealers in your area that would carry the Elite Plasma . The Elite products come with a manufacture warranty of 2 yrs. We do not offer extended warranty.I can not send an email to another email address. The email response system does not allow us to do that.

cheers!

MidCow2

Last edited by a moderator:
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
RF20 awesome

Already received and installed the RF20 power pack- Pretty sweet and now I am going for the 'Closed Door" policy :D Amazon and Bright Light business really shipped it fast!

Bad news -Looks like I need to buy Pioneer PRO-151FD locally! :mad: to get Pioneer warranty support.

L

lman

Audioholic Intern
Hey I was wondering how the Video playback on a PS3 compares to other BD, or upconverting DVD players.... I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
You are hijacking thread , but I will give you a good answer anyway.

Hey I was wondering how the Video playback on a PS3 compares to other BD, or upconverting DVD players.... I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

The PS3 is one of the better BD players and with brute CPU software power it is the fastest loading. It operates easliy if you get the operation DVD controller. So actions are not completley intutitive with the game controllers. Sony provide fairly frequnet software upgrades and htey can be loaded easily via wireless Internet connection. The PS3 upconverts SD to 1080p HMMI or component output; if that is your most important requirement you you might want to look at more expensive BD players. You would probably get a better answer if you didn't ask this in the Plasma thread; that is thread hijacking.

Good luck!

MidCow2

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
. The PS3 upconverts SD to 1080p HMMI or component output; if that is your most important requirement you you might want to look at more expensive BD players. .

MidCow2
Hey Mid fwiw when you get your kuro you should strongly consider letting the display handling the video work and send the native signals in passthru in your avr unaltered if possible.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Thanks for advice

Hey Mid fwiw when you get your kuro you should strongly consider letting the display handling the video work and send the native signals in passthru in your avr unaltered if possible.
Bandphan,

Thanks for the advice ;) I think I will follow it!

Take care,

MidCow2

L

lman

Audioholic Intern
I know this was the wrong thread, but thought you guy's could spit a quick answer out. I was just comming up with a budget and wanted to know if I needed to get a new BD or DVD player since I allready have a PS3 (which I assume I don't) sorry.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
No Prob - Iman and welcome :)

I know this was the wrong thread, but thought you guy's could spit a quick answer out. I was just comming up with a budget and wanted to know if I needed to get a new BD or DVD player since I allready have a PS3 (which I assume I don't) sorry.
Iman,

No prob and yes your existing PS3 is on find BD player ;)

Oh and yes --- Welcome to Audioholic Forums :)

Later,

MidCow2

P.S.- Kuro update Best Buy Magnolia rooms are authorized dealers and that had an excellent price in last Sunday's paper.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis