Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I hate dealerships. I don't even have to negotiate the price of new cars since I work for Ford and get employee price. Even still, I've had such bad experiences with the dealers that I'm unlikely to purchase a Ford unless there is a very compelling reason. I think that no matter what the manufacturer's Detroit HQ's do, the dealerships will be their worst enemy in driving away customers.

In fact, my next new car is likey to be either a Cadillac CTS-V or an upcoming Camaro SS. When I got my '02 SS from the local Chevy dealership, they treated me like I was the dealer principal's own son. I just think that excellent customer service should be rewarded.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I hate dealerships. I don't even have to negotiate the price of new cars since I work for Ford and get employee price. Even still, I've had such bad experiences with the dealers that I'm unlikely to purchase a Ford unless there is a very compelling reason. I think that no matter what the manufacturer's Detroit HQ's do, the dealerships will be their worst enemy in driving away customers.

In fact, my next new car is likey to be either a Cadillac CTS-V or an upcoming Camaro SS. When I got my '02 SS from the local Chevy dealership, they treated me like I was the dealer principal's own son. I just think that excellent customer service should be rewarded.
Hi Dave,
Would I be presumptuous and nosey if I asked what your Ford discount was?:)
Rick

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Dave,
Would I be presumptuous and nosey if I asked what your Ford discount was?:)
Rick
It really depends on the specific model and option content. It's based off of invoice price and high profit options lead to a greater discount at invoice. We're talking maybe ~$1,500 or less on a base Focus to maybe ~$8K on a loaded F-150, maybe even more on a Navigator or such. We can also take advantage of any delivery allowances, rebates or discount financing that are available to the public.

There is also the x-plan, sort of a family and friends plan that we can give to just about anybody using our employee ID. This is slightly higher than a-plan, but still very good as the price is set relative to invoice for x-plan as well.

I also get employee price on GM and Chrysler through family members.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Nice!
Thanks Dave, I did not know about that.

How do you like your Escient?
I have the MX-111

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Nice!
Thanks Dave, I did not know about that.

How do you like your Escient?
I have the MX-111
The Escient has changed the way I use and think about my system. I listen to far more music now that my whole library is available at a touch of the remote. There are so many discs with just one good song that I wouldn't get up to put the disc in for that song. It's like I rediscovered the secret treasure buried in my music collection that's been missing since the 80's. I rarely watch TV anymore unless there is something specific to watch. The only problem is that every time I put music on, I sit and listen with great enjoyment for far too long when I should be doing other things. For instance, I'm on midnights right now and should be in bed sleeping, but Eric Clapton is playing his little heart out just for me and I can't seem to turn it off.

Edit: Earth, Wind and Fire's "I'll Write a Song for You" just came on. Probably not something I would have played if I had to put a CD in to listen to it, but an excellent song nonetheless.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
In fact, my next new car is likey to be either a Cadillac CTS-V or an upcoming Camaro SS.
I wouldn't think dealers would let that new Camero SS go for anything close to MSRP. But right now it's only a guess.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
It really depends on the specific model and option content. It's based off of invoice price and high profit options lead to a greater discount at invoice. We're talking maybe ~$1,500 or less on a base Focus to maybe ~$8K on a loaded F-150, maybe even more on a Navigator or such. We can also take advantage of any delivery allowances, rebates or discount financing that are available to the public.

There is also the x-plan, sort of a family and friends plan that we can give to just about anybody using our employee ID. This is slightly higher than a-plan, but still very good as the price is set relative to invoice for x-plan as well.

I also get employee price on GM and Chrysler through family members.
X-plan is like paying invoice without having to negotiate. What's nice about X-plan is they don't pay dealer fee's, and such.

I have found A-Plan to be between $1500 to maybe $3000 under invoice. I have never seen someone get $8K under invoice without being combined with the consumer rebate.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldn't think dealers would let that new Camero SS go for anything close to MSRP. But right now it's only a guess.
Not initially, probably a $10k market value adjustment on MSRP, like the Shelby GT-500. Canadian dealers are asking about $63,000 for the GT-500, awfully close to base 'Vette territory. I can wait until the initial demand dies down.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Remember when the new generation Mustang GTs came out, you couldn't get your hands on them, now Deel Ford down here practically gives them away. The Camaro will be same story, if they come out with a Z-28 package it'll be next to impossible to find one, after the furor passes "meh, another Z-28." Wait till gas hits $4.00 bucks, they'e not going to know what to do with the gas guzzlers, folks that are well to do will early adopt, as their well to do friends get on the bandwagon, they dump them as it's no longer exclusive. I'm not sure how its in the rest of the US, but down here cars are a fashion statement, funny thing is the majority of the people driving BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. can only get into those cars with a lease program, rarely do they buy the car, heaven forbid you're caught driving last year's model. I never bought into that crap, I buy my cars cash and leave the posing and posturing to my foolish friends.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
......funny thing is the majority of the people driving BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. can only get into those cars with a lease program, rarely do they buy the car, heaven forbid you're caught driving last year's model.
I think because everyone is offering such low lease rates and getting tons of entry level cars out on the road it I think its kinda draging down the name. I know the idea is to make money but do you think it could ever hurt the brand? Maybe because they also really high end cars they save face a little.
I HATE the people who drive around in C230 thinking their sh*t don’t stink.

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Who do you guys find more annoying: car salesmen or audio salesmen?
Neither. Both have their place in the world. If there was no need for them they wouldn't exist. I'd also add Estate Agents to the list.

...the dealer will charge what he can get away with.
Of course, and why not? ;) The customer tries to pay as little as he can get away with and the dealer tries to get the customer to pay as much as he can get away with. It doesn't get much simpler.

Stratman, think of it as a game, for that is all it really is. It's no different to when you ask your employer for a pay rise; assuming you get one it'll be made out to have been difficult to manage but, well, after a herculean effort the company somehow managed to see you good. :rolleyes: You cannot change the system, even if sometimes it is unfair, so use the system to your advantage:

Play the game. ;)

But what is a "Good Price"?
A price that doesn't require the application of Vasoline.
Take it like a man. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Test drove the 335, very good overall, sharp and precise steering, excellent brakes, can't see any performance advantage over the G37, snob factor aside. I liked the interior of the G, its more attuned for fast driving, also bang for the buck the G beats the 335. Where I live BMW, especially their 3 seires don't garner the snob factor as much. like I've said down here BMW stand for Bellybutton Motor Works, also considering after warranty maintenance the G wins hands down. Next week the wife and I will pull the trigger, 90% G, 10% 335. We'll see.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah they look pretty interesting, Saturday I'm going back maybe I'll give the M35 a try.
Ask your friend which has the better lease program. Sometimes the manufacturer will have a special, and a more expensive model could have a less expensive monthly payment. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I don't lease as my yearly mileage will kill me at lease's end. This will be my fifth car from this dealership (if not the Beemer.) The cavewife told me tonight over dinner that she "kind of" likes the G over the Beemer, it could be pre-buyer's remorse or a bit of sticker shock, she will feel guilty if I spring for the Bimmer because of her.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
X-plan is like paying invoice without having to negotiate. What's nice about X-plan is they don't pay dealer fee's, and such.

I have found A-Plan to be between $1500 to maybe $3000 under invoice. I have never seen someone get $8K under invoice without being combined with the consumer rebate.
Sorry if I was confusing things. A-plan is based off of invoice, but the dollar amounts I mentioned were estimates off actual MSRP. I don't think we would ever see as much as $3K off invoice unless, as you said, it were combined with current incentives.

BTW, I would gladly offer an x-plan pin number to anybody here if it would sway somebody to buy a Ford, despite my uneasiness with my local dealers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis