Alex Jones Infowars lawsuit

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, okay, you talked me into it. I will now demonstrate that I really am not a bankruptcy lawyer ;)

A major issue will be whether or not the damages can be discharged . . . With regards to discharge, my prediction is no. I doubt that a court would want to reward Jones for a default judgement (this is just my initial reaction to the issue).

. . .

Perhaps it's time for a warm fuzzy bedtime story about Jones's lawyers getting screwed?
I (mostly) guessed correctly on this (yeah, thanks for calling me out on this @Swerd!)(I will readily concede that the outcome on this issue was far from clear).

Today's episode of "Alex Jones Has His A$$ Handed to him in Court" is brought to you courtesy of Judge Lopez:

>>>“It is irrelevant that the state court could have awarded damages on reckless acts. What is important is what the court actually did,” Judge Jones (sic, Judge Lopez) wrote in the Connecticut plaintiffs’ order. Brushing aside Jones’s procedural claims, he granted partial summary judgement, holding that the $965 million jury award for compensatory damages and the $150 million of judicially imposed punitive damages under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act are not dischargeable under US Bankruptcy Code.<<<(emphasis added)

Hmmmm . . . schadenfreude.

I think a warm fuzzy story about Alex Jones's lawyers getting screwed is probably in the works, but this will have to do for tonight.

Edit: The article at abovethelaw.com incorrectly refers to "judge Jones." The judge is Christopher Lopez:

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Jones has filed to convert his personal chapter 11 bankruptcy to a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

>>>The Infowars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is seeking permission from a bankruptcy court to liquidate his personal assets and deliver the proceeds to the Sandy Hook families who are owed more than $1.4 billion in damages for his lies about the 2012 school shooting.

Mr. Jones also filed a separate bankruptcy for his company, Free Speech Systems, and in a hearing next Friday a judge is to rule whether the company will also be liquidated, an outcome favored by a majority of the families. That would shutter Infowars, effective the day of the ruling. It would also place assets from Infowars’ studios and potentially Mr. Jones’s popular social media accounts in control of the families.<<<

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Has he been successful with hiding of much of his assets (like with his parents) to date?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
His company "Free Speech Systems." Isn't that the truth. On the other hand, at least it wasn't called "Truth Network." ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
His company "Free Speech Systems." Isn't that the truth. On the other hand, at least it wasn't called "Truth Network." ;)
A lot of these right wing groups with names like this (or expressing patriotism) are the ones mostly to suspect of the opposite it seems.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It really takes a sick person to go after school shooting parents with dead children. Just let that sink in. This guy should lose everything he has and then some. It's called KARMA Alex.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A lot of these right wing groups with names like this (or expressing patriotism) are the ones mostly to suspect of the opposite it seems.
Agreed. It seems that the more patriotic these groups claim to be the less they actually are.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Has he been successful with hiding of much of his assets (like with his parents) to date?
I surely hope the courts investigated or had it investigated to see what he had and where it is now.
He needs to be liquidated to the point of making him beg on street corners, and homeless.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I surely hope the courts investigated or had it investigated to see what he had and where it is now.
He needs to be liquidated to the point of making him beg on street corners, and homeless.
Last I looked into it he had been fairly successful with that and hadn't been "undone" by the courts. Been a while, may have to check into that....he certainly doesn't deserve any fruits from his spew.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Last I looked into it he had been fairly successful with that and hadn't been "undone" by the courts. Been a while, may have to check into that....he certainly doesn't deserve any fruits from his spew.
Seems they are doing their due diligence, well. Almost like they have every single piece of equipment cataloged. His attempt to frame himself the victim hasn't worked so well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I
Seems they are doing their due diligence, well. Almost like they have every single piece of equipment cataloged. His attempt to frame himself the victim hasn't worked so well.
PQPR Holdings was the entity I was thinking of and seems is still around and involved in the bankruptcy/liquidation of Free Speech Systems.....

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Jones has filed to convert his personal chapter 11 bankruptcy to a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

>>>The Infowars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is seeking permission from a bankruptcy court to liquidate his personal assets and deliver the proceeds to the Sandy Hook families who are owed more than $1.4 billion in damages for his lies about the 2012 school shooting.

Mr. Jones also filed a separate bankruptcy for his company, Free Speech Systems, and in a hearing next Friday a judge is to rule whether the company will also be liquidated, an outcome favored by a majority of the families. That would shutter Infowars, effective the day of the ruling. It would also place assets from Infowars’ studios and potentially Mr. Jones’s popular social media accounts in control of the families.<<<

Did the families actually lose $1.4 billion in damages ? Jones is a wacko who should had just stuck to ufo and conspiracy theories that effected no one once he went after dead children that was the end of his career as a fear monger or whatever he was . Still no martial law happeningo_O

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I

PQPR Holdings was the entity I was thinking of and seems is still around and involved in the bankruptcy/liquidation of Free Speech Systems.....
I haven’t read the court filings (it would take hours) and I didn’t see anything based on a quick google search.

Having said that, the Promissory notes to his father’s supplement company for stuff they supposedly forgot to invoice looks like pure bs, and I can’t imagine that a court would go along with it (it’s clearly a half-baked attempt to retroactively transfer assets to avoid the judgement)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Did the families actually lose $1.4 billion in damages ? ...
That may cover everything, damages, slander, punishment. How do you put a $$$ on loss of you children and their children.
Maybe @Mr._Clark will enlighten more on this.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It really takes a sick person to go after school shooting parents with dead children. Just let that sink in. This guy should lose everything he has and then some. It's called KARMA Alex.
BTW, MTG went after a school shooting survivor before she was in Congress. Absolutely disgusting.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

BTW, MTG went after a school shooting survivor before she was in Congress. Absolutely disgusting.
Yes, it is>
Did you watch any of this, posted in another thread?
This is how it happens. Flat earthers, trump never lies, and on it goes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis